Underground Hackers at it AGAIN!

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1493

Michael.1493

I ‘m getting tired of seeing posts about this but it’s so infuriating that I had to do something…and there’s nothing in-game we can do about this other than not play so…here goes….

Hacking continues to run RAMPANT in T9 WvW and it seems those on FoW are constantly on the receiving end.

It has become a common sight on these forums to read about hacking from Blacktide, however this time it might actually be Underworld who are the culprits….

A group of around 6 to 8 of us from FoW were, not 10 minutes ago, attacking Durios Post on EB and being harassed by a thief from UW whilst doing so…he wasn’t much problem, just kiting around our group trying to poke us a bit…nothing unusual with that….

We press on and are just about to get the gate down when something starts dropping us like flies from what looked like under the map.

I have read about the “under the map” exploits on these forums already and the consensus within our group was that it was a single player in a golem who was responsible. (this was determined from the effects we could see coming through the ground)

Our entire group was downed one by one as those surviving tried to rez and fight back while the UW thief continued to prance around poking at us whilst he remained unmolested by our underground assailant.

It seemed the underground hacker was gone as we began to rez back up and get our way inside and to lord….then we all get wiped one by one again by the same underground golem attacks.

I have nothing to “prove” that this was a player from UW who was exploiting the “under the map” bug apart from the fact that throughout this event, an UW thief was in close proximity to those of us under attack and didn’t get hit once….except by us.

Just like in previous threads on this forum regarding this subject, the attacker was invisible, impossible to target and nothing appeared in combat logs to shed any light on how we were downed or what was doing us any damage.

It pains me to say this, as I had hoped that we on FoW shared some solidarity with those on UW who have been plagued as we have by hackers from BT for months now…however, it seems that for at least 2 of UW’s WvW community (which must actually represent a sizeable chunk of what is left of your WvW playerbase) they have decided “if you can’t beat them, join them”

I am BEGGING someone from Arenanet to at the very least acknowledge that this is an issue.

Tier 9 is a miserable place to play WvW and has been for months…and it has nothing to do with the small population and everything to do with those that don’t care to play by everyone else’s rules.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Begging doesn’t work.

Pleading doesn’t work.

You’ll get about the same results by holding a séance and arranging vegetables in bizarre patterns.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Elia.7193

Elia.7193

Why you didn’t take at least some screen shots for some sort of proof? All we have here is a player that describes he interpretation of something that maybe happened maybe not (no offense)

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1493

Michael.1493

Why you didn’t take at least some screen shots for some sort of proof? All we have here is a player that describes he interpretation of something that maybe happened maybe not (no offense)

Well…to be honest I’d love to have been quick enough to grab some screenies but the whole thing was over rather quickly and during the events I was rather more focused on rez-ing teammates, fighting off my own downed state, and dealing with the UW thief that we COULD see…by the time we realised that something suspect was happening it was already too late.

You could blame my “old-man” reflexes.

Either way, there already exists screenshots of this exploit being used as well as video in other threads on these forums.

I just wanted to add my voice to the growing number of complaints regarding hacking/exploiting etc. in order hopefully bring more attention to the issue as it’s ruining a lot of people’s fun.

I don’t think the issue will be solved by banning the offending person(s) in cases like these. What needs to happen is Anet needs to tighten up their system to close the gates for these hacks and exploits to be used in the first place.

Other games have managed to do this, Anet should be able to do this too.

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

I ‘m getting tired of seeing posts about this but it’s so infuriating that I had to do something…and there’s nothing in-game we can do about this other than not play so…here goes….

Hacking continues to run RAMPANT in T9 WvW and it seems those on FoW are constantly on the receiving end.

It has become a common sight on these forums to read about hacking from Blacktide, however this time it might actually be Underworld who are the culprits.…

A group of around 6 to 8 of us from FoW were, not 10 minutes ago, attacking Durios Post on EB and being harassed by a thief from UW whilst doing so…he wasn’t much problem, just kiting around our group trying to poke us a bit…nothing unusual with that….

We press on and are just about to get the gate down when something starts dropping us like flies from what looked like under the map.

I have read about the “under the map” exploits on these forums already and the consensus within our group was that it was a single player in a golem who was responsible. (this was determined from the effects we could see coming through the ground)

Our entire group was downed one by one as those surviving tried to rez and fight back while the UW thief continued to prance around poking at us whilst he remained unmolested by our underground assailant.

It seemed the underground hacker was gone as we began to rez back up and get our way inside and to lord….then we all get wiped one by one again by the same underground golem attacks.

I have nothing to “prove” that this was a player from UW who was exploiting the “under the map” bug apart from the fact that throughout this event, an UW thief was in close proximity to those of us under attack and didn’t get hit once….except by us.

Just like in previous threads on this forum regarding this subject, the attacker was invisible, impossible to target and nothing appeared in combat logs to shed any light on how we were downed or what was doing us any damage.

It pains me to say this, as I had hoped that we on FoW shared some solidarity with those on UW who have been plagued as we have by hackers from BT for months now…however, it seems that for at least 2 of UW’s WvW community (which must actually represent a sizeable chunk of what is left of your WvW playerbase) they have decided "if you can’t beat them, join them"

I am BEGGING someone from Arenanet to at the very least acknowledge that this is an issue.

Tier 9 is a miserable place to play WvW and has been for months…and it has nothing to do with the small population and everything to do with those that don’t care to play by everyone else’s rules.

A while back FoW also used to hack, and for a quite a long time. However I doubt these are real UW/BT/FoW players. Just two kittens who should have been banned a long time ago.