Undo server linking

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

So with the recent wvw updates, more people are joining WvW. This causes (higher) queue’s. Which is quite an issue for …well everyone. I have been thinking about the pro’s and cons. And this is what i came up with:

Perhaps a better solution would be to actually undo the linking of the servers. This would drop the queue’s and there for people would have non or less waiting time to actually enter WvW. On the other hand this might cause problem in low(er) populated servers. How ever if we look at how many people play WvW since the patch, this shouldn’t must be a problem. Considering more people are willing to join and tag up. Sure you still have to deal with new players and all. But that is just a matter of time and going through that learning curve.

Would love to hear your opinion about it. Gimme some feedback

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Queue numbers have dropped by like 75%+ in a week. That’s T1.

EB in particular is like a little abused child in this matter, lol. No one want to tag. We can see 50 man queue on one border and 5 man on EB… Prepatch is was more like 100 man queue to EB and no borders queued.

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

CD isn’t running much on queues now either and it is mostly EBG; at least when I was on anyway.

Slave servers haven’t seen any glicko since the links started. How would you set their glicko besides putting it where it last was before the links? AR was a low population mess before the links and it’d go back to just like it was if unlinked. Nothing like logging in to find your color was wiped off of the maps and had been ticking that way for hours. I doubt the new influx would stay long once they got a dose of constant outnumbered blobbed down. Out of those that did stay, most are probably going to leave once they get their shiny.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Some servers are still death, and new linking is in 2 weeks
as curently on eu 10 servers – full // 7 verry high -4 high -6 medium.
Those high/medium servers will have issues getting coverage by themselves

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Linking isn’t a good idea, never was, never will be.

It’s not just about the queues, it’s also about server identity and ‘playing your way’.

It’s an awful system that never should have been entertained.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Not saying linking is good or bad, but I think ANet’s intent is to encourage people to balance out the servers themselves. I wouldn’t bet on the links being removed anytime soon. Not to mention we are still in the “its shinny” phase so the question is how long will the population bolster last.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Undo server linking

in WvW

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

It’s not just about the queues, it’s also about server identity and ‘playing your way’.

Linking was probably the lesser of the evils. The question is what were all of the evils. Links where at least the community sorta exists, blow up some servers and merge them or blow up all the servers & start completely over all come to mind the quickest. What other options are there beyond those and which option will anger the fewest players?

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

Its not just that. Linking was supposed to keep dead servers more alive. But ATM, I’m from Desolation for example, and we got unfortunately put up to T1 again, and we are not linked with anyone, and yet facing T1 servers that have say slightly higher skill levels, and also massive population (queues on all BL’s) and they are linked. Why on earth you would link dominating T1 server which already has huge WvW population is beyond me. The current system is not working fine, that I’m sure off.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Its not just that. Linking was supposed to keep dead servers more alive. But ATM, I’m from Desolation for example, and we got unfortunately put up to T1 again, and we are not linked with anyone, and yet facing T1 servers that have say slightly higher skill levels, and also massive population (queues on all BL’s) and they are linked. Why on earth you would link dominating T1 server which already has huge WvW population is beyond me. The current system is not working fine, that I’m sure off.

Desolation is tier 1 because of night capping. Without it we would be in tier 3 or so.

FSP should have never been given a link. I really don’t understand Arenanet logic why FSP has been constantly having a link despite being a “full” status server. Desolation is also classified as full, but we haven’t had a link for a long time. And the long queues lasted less than 1 week after the WvWvW update. Now it is back to: queue to 1 map in prime time.

It seems Arenanet is not even trying to balance the populations with server links, but favoring some servers with some twisted logic “they deserve to be in tier 1 and this server must get a link to get a fighting change against server X, while this server is considered not to earn a link despite lower population vs server + link”. I understand that language specific servers make the population balance very difficult.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Xultair.7954

Xultair.7954

If I understand Anet’s intention correctly for linking it was to help low pop servers have a wvw community to play with, however these servers fall into 2 categories of people who cant afford to transfer to high pop wvw servers and those that actually want to be on a low pop server. I feel the way to appease both crowds as well as this new complaint of the linked servers cluttering up queues is to identify which servers would have been ‘linked’ and let them transfer to any server of their choosing for free, unless its already full, and to prevent abuse (moving from high to ‘linked’ to ‘very high’ at a discount) set it so that transferring to a ‘linked’ server costs the same as a very high pop server.

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Linking was probably the lesser of the evils. The question is what were all of the evils. Links where at least the community sorta exists, blow up some servers and merge them or blow up all the servers & start completely over all come to mind the quickest. What other options are there beyond those and which option will anger the fewest players?

I haven’t seen a single player who is against unlinking the servers.

Not one.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I am against unlinking.

I have met lots of new friends due to the fact that we’re all against more servers.

More people to duel, more people to sharpen my skills against. More people to learn my weaknesses.

More people to also take out and hunt. WvW has been more interesting since the linking. Some people like it, some people don’t, that the nature of the beast with literally everything.

The term “Identity” seems to be getting misused. No server had a type of “identity” we were all just players in an open field warfare, led by people with colored Doritos over their heads (no disrespect for commanders). We always took points, lost points and fought other players of different size quantities.

People are going to agree with this and some won’t. I’m not gonna cry or complain as its the nature of the beast. Im no snowflake.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Undo server linking

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

Dunno about that one. I for example never speak with my enemies anyway. Sometimes they message me but those are only insults.

The point about more people to fight is also wrong ,at least in our case, the enemy is full blob all the time, you do not meet more roamers. You have more roamers on lower tier servers actually.

But I agree with your point about server identity. I do not like the idea, I do not associate myself with Deso or any of its guilds except the one I’m in (and Iv always been here, never transferred + a lot of the so called “top” guilds do transfer constantly anyway). I would actually much prefer “guild wars” to be a thing so we can fight each other as well, but that’s a whole different topic.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

Undo server linking

in WvW

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

I haven’t seen a single player who is against unlinking the servers.

Not one.

That may be true, but the problem still remains of how to keep low pop servers afloat and deal with all the stacking problems if servers are unlinked.