Unmentioned WvW Update Nov 4th

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

As usual the dev forgot to note down changes to WvW.

I have already noticed the following:

Reduced gathering from Synthesizer Nodes by 50%

Enjoy your WvW update.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

just what wvw needed.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Glad to see they are focused on the important problems.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Their system for tracking system upgrades appears shocking. I’ve worked with systems on software projects that track every bug and the progress and is able to provide a report on the progress at any time, would have thought anet would use a similar system and use a report from the system to base these release updates on with perhaps just reformatting being required.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Yup, they cant fix the WvW dailies, but they can nerf the nodes for PvE in WvW :P

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Oh the old maps not coming back? kitten I guess that was just a dream.

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I regret buying this expansion….disappointment. Anet, the new EA.

in WvW

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Doesn’t matter whether or not you bought the expansion. The desert BL are for everyone, so you’d be stuck with them regardless.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Should remove nodes altogether. If you want to mine, chop trees or pick flowers go to pve

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

They ought to have all the garbage you need to gather for WvW guild upgrades to be able to drop in WvW when you get a keep/tower/rankup.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Should remove nodes altogether. If you want to mine, chop trees or pick flowers go to pve

Yep, there is nothing quite like seeing your entire defense force gathering at the synthesizers when the enemy is at the gates.

Welcome to the new wonderful world of PvE WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They also nerfed the recharge time of those nodes.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yea these nodes really concerned the majority of wvw players. Or should i say the remaining part of the wvw players?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

The ought to have all the garbage you need to gather for WvW guild upgrades to be able to drop in WvW when you get a keep/tower/rankup.

Our entire guild mines, picks and harvests every single node we come across so we can keep upgrading our hall to get back the same upgrades we already had with the old system. >.<

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

We should just report it as a bug. Everyone. Everytime they mine one. It isnt in the patch notes, no one i have seen confirmed it. So better safe then sorry. They might not know itnis happening.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

and remove PvE events in BL, and actually make real players defend keeps and castles like true war game instead of trading captures for HP scroll farming… OH wait Anet hates that.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

IMO, Gathering nodes were respawning too quick anyway. The change is fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Eh, I disagree. I’d really like to not be required to pve to get mats for making wvw food, gear, and upgrading the guild halls (though, still have to pve for the latter anyway. T_T)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Eh, I disagree. I’d really like to not be required to pve to get mats for making wvw food, gear, and upgrading the guild halls (though, still have to pve for the latter anyway. T_T)

I get enough mats out of heavy loot bags and salvaging crap. It was fine when they were spread all over the map but now we take something and everyone mines away. Even seen commanders telling people to mine the nodes after each cap.. What a waste of time these are..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I get enough mats out of heavy loot bags and salvaging crap. It was fine when they were spread all over the map but now we take something and everyone mines away. Even seen commanders telling people to mine the nodes after each cap.. What a waste of time these are..

Much like this game. A giant waste of time.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Many (most) WvW players still want to build ascended and legendary gear as well as make food and other consumables. Those nodes help with crafting gear used in WvW.

While I am disappointed with some of HoT, they didn’t put in a bunch of crappy security code that made the game unplayable. They also didn’t sell HoT then right behind sell two DLC to make HoT playable. ANet has problems but not EA sized problems.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Because WvW players have too much access to gathering nodes and other similar ways to acquire mats/ make money.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

That’s the problem. I already go to PvE enough. I don’t need more reasons to go to pve. I’m already annoyed enough the gatherer daily can never be done in wvw. I should have more reason to go to WvW. As long as WvW is dependent on PvE items, this will always be the case

And if a group is really that obsessed with gathering while Rome burns, that’s simply the fault of them for not having enough discipline or being able to place priorities properly— they’d probably be liabilities in a real fight anyways and are the same people that would stick behind to cap a sentry when a big fight is ahead.

All of this is moot though. It doesn’t matter if this change is good or bad. The problem is that it was unannounced (most likely out of fears to protect the economy— not WvW players) and fairly low priority when some other aspects such as dailies are still very broken.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They also didn’t sell HoT then right behind sell two DLC to make HoT playable. ANet has problems but not EA sized problems.

Except that technically they did something even worse, they sold an expansion without even providing a character slot – something that required you to pay 800 gems to play the new class you just paid €45 for. Sure they backtracked on that due to player backlash, something EA wouldnt have done. But that was the plan they where originally going with. So you’re wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

That’s the problem. I already go to PvE enough. I don’t need more reasons to go to pve. I’m already annoyed enough the gatherer daily can never be done in wvw. I should have more reason to go to WvW. As long as WvW is dependent on PvE items, this will always be the case

And if a group is really that obsessed with gathering while Rome burns, that’s simply the fault of them for not having enough discipline or being able to place priorities properly— they’d probably be liabilities in a real fight anyways and are the same people that would stick behind to cap a sentry when a big fight is ahead.

I think it’s only half the problem, the other side definitely lies with Anet.

For one, we should be able to buy food and stones with Badges of Honour, I made a topic for that earlier today.

Secondly, the WvW stuff in the Guild Halls should be entirely build-able with WvW specific items – Badges of Honour, Memoires of Battle, basic siege.

Both of these would remove the need/greed of having to farm nodes (in WvW or PvE) for anything other than PvE upgrades, crafting or profit.

The second change would also allow smaller guilds to actively play a part in WvW again, letting them claim and upgrade camps, towers and keeps in WvW as they used to be able to do.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]