Unreasonable WvW Title Requirements

in WvW

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

So, I’m revisiting this topic again.

Lets take Ultimate Sentinel into consideration. To obtain said title you must flip SMC 500,000 times. Now lets say you and every other server go into a truce to flip SMC as many times as possible as fast as possible ever, and you only go up against 1 server at a time for it as well. Maximum turn around time would be about 10 minutes due to the invulnerability buff.

Doing some simple calculations we can see that at this rate it would take about 10 years to max your title if you do nothing but eat, drink, and sleep WvW for those 10 years. Accounting for eating and sleeping, but you being a lazy basement dweller then that time period would go up to 20 years. If you have a job, then 30 years. And if you have a family, well…

Anyways, as we can see, no one will ever get this title. Either you’ll die from a heart attack from sitting for so long in front of the computer, or the game servers will be turned off long before you make a significant fraction of the way to it.

Now, what would be a reasonable length of time for obtaining this title, something that doesn’t require the sacrifice of all things but GW2 to obtain. Say you play, and SMC flips about 2 times each time you play, reasonable as in most WvW servers with balanced teams it flips maybe once a day. You can’t be expected to always be there for the flip either. So lets say, being generous, that you happen to be there for 5 flips a week, that would be 260 flips a year. Now these titles should be for hardcore, long term dedicated players, people who put in several years of play, say 3 to 5 years. At this rate, I would like to suggest that this title be revamped with a upper limit of 1000 flips of SMC, 5000 at max.

Anyways, this is just one of the many unreasonable term WvW achievements. Doing some additional math we can see that for Ultimate Chaperone it would take 1 year at 1 yak per minute to obtain, and another 3 years for Ultimate Aggressor at the digital ghost rate of obtainment. All of these things will never be obtained. About the only title I think will ever be obtained is Realm Avenger, but that’s because Zerg v. Zerg can net you 50 kills at a time on higher end servers.

I would like to call for reform for these titles, to make them something that’s proud to be displayed, showing a dedication above and beyond for this game. However as is, they will never be displayed ever because they can’t be obtained. When will we see requirement reform? You’ve been changing many things in WvW, why not this now?

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

they said they are re-looking at these to make them more achievable. your post is just an echo. we all agree.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I should imagine they’ll decide to make an alternative way to gain these titles – maybe something involving a jumping puzzle?

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I would actually be dead before I could get some of those achievements…no kidding…I am old…so yes they are insane!

Anet seem to do this quite often, not understand the length of time some would take to get. Its almost as if the devs don’t play there own game, so have not got a clue, also there mathematic skills are obviously not very good.

But Devon said a month or so ago that they would be changed so instead of taking 10 years to the rest of your life to do, they will only take a mere 2-3 years…

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I should imagine they’ll decide to make an alternative way to gain these titles – maybe something involving a jumping puzzle?

That wouldn’t surprise me

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I would actually be dead before I could get some of those achievements…no kidding…I am old…so yes they are insane!

Anet seem to do this quite often, not understand the length of time some would take to get. Its almost as if the devs don’t play there own game, so have not got a clue, also there mathematic skills are obviously not very good.

But Devon said a month or so ago that they would be changed so instead of taking 10 years to the rest of your life to do, they will only take a mere 2-3 years…

So in 2 years they’ll change it so it only takes 8 years. Seems to be the way of things.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

It will take me 500 years to max the keep defense one.

Personally I think these achievements should take between 5-7 years of play to max.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

for one achievement point, you’d think a 100 flips of SM would be fair. sheesh

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Given they give away ach points for almost nothing in pve, one flip of SM should be at least 2 ach points…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

lol wth that was depressing XD

in WvW

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I would like to call for reform for these titles, to make them something that’s proud to be displayed, showing a dedication above and beyond for this game. However as is, they will never be displayed ever because they can’t be obtained. When will we see requirement reform? You’ve been changing many things in WvW, why not this now?

I agree 100% with you, but if they changing the WvW achievements means that they’ll turn WvW in a never ending achievement farm zone they I rather keep the unobtainable requirements we have now.
BUT if they changed it exactly the way you said, that would be awesome.

Bläck Dähliä

in WvW

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

Kind of makes you wonder who OK’ed these numbers.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Lol I thought last night that I had achieved something great….. 5,000 total objectives captured in WvW! Then I looked and the next tier takes 25,000 with one more tier to follow.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

It’d be interesting for ANet to let us know how many players have achieved these titles after well over a year of WvW.

Devon?

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I always wonder what the Dev team was smoking when they came up with those numbers and how they could believe they were reasonably achievable. I remember calculating what it would take for me to get the Yak Slapper title with my playing habits. The result was 11 years of exclusively hunting yaks from 3 camps every time I logged on.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

I’m about 80% sure this is a troll post. If not, what do you mean “alternative way to gain these titles”? If i understand correctly you want to get the title for flipping SMC by doing jumping puzzles….?

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

The player kill one is the only reasonably attainable achievement, and there’s a couple of people who have got it by now. I’m not sure any of the other achievements have been done by anyone.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

1-2 year casual should be the goal TBH. If anet’s goal to keep players is to keep them playing longer via getting achieve’s then I think there is a huge problem.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I’m about 80% sure this is a troll post. If not, what do you mean “alternative way to gain these titles”? If i understand correctly you want to get the title for flipping SMC by doing jumping puzzles….?

Yeah, it’s kind of a bitter joke about how there are easy jp achievements in WvW, jp’s basically being PvE content.

Anyways, I agree about there being points in PvE for basically nothing. I’ve gotten several achievements for just showing up and talking to npcs.

in WvW

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I kind of half believe that the numbers for WvW achievements were initially meant as placeholder numbers that just got forgotten about and made it into the game.

Take Yakslapper for instance, which requires killing 1,000,000 Yaks. If you can kill 2 yaks every 5 minutes without ever stopping to eat or sleep, it would still take almost 5 years.
If you play for 2 hours a day and all you do is kill Yaks, you’re looking at finishing the achievement in about 59 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Wonder how hard is to find person who would know how to change those numbers?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They already changed the numbers once on 2 of the achievements to eliminate them, so they can do it. They simply just haven’t yet.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

That was just another slap in the face – they changed the supply achievement down to 10 so when you look at it it feels like you achieved nothing at all…

Mag [DERP] [Goon]