Upcoming Elite Testing and Week of Aug 18

in WvW

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

On this upcoming test, we are going to see the PoF elites come into the competitive scene. But Friday, August 18th is also WvW reset.

What course of action will happen this week in terms of reset and scoring? Last week, our accounts were cloned. So will WvW be cloned too and will we have a PoF WvW and a non-PoF WvW, or will scoring carry over from the beta into the live game later in the week?

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

in WvW

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I expect it to pan out just like the HoT beta-weekends (which was almost exactly the same as this one now)
You will gain 2 Demo slots again and your account will be cloned. You will again get the polymorphous demo gear. On top the new elite will be unlocked on that char.
The main difference from last week is that you will be able to play along in the live game, including WvW and PvP.
So everything will be almost normal except you see Weavers Scourges and Firebrands running around for 3 days

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You already got 2 demo slots and a zone to test stuff in. I fully expect it to remain the same, except now maybe they enable the sPvP button (only demo players join that PvP instance).

WvW is wasted regardless. I dont think they will even enable it. After all, testing in PvE is the same right?

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Last time with HoT, borderlands and EBG weren’t cloned, so there were new elite specs running around. I remember I had very fun and interesting fights, not knowing what I was doing with a random build and sub-optimal gear, against players that were in the very same situation.

In itself, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to test elite specs in “regular maps” WvW. My only worry is WvW will be the only testing option that feels like PvE, so the maps will probably be severly queued, and I also fear toxicity caused by it. I just remember how toxic chats were when the pip system brought PvE players in…

That said, this may be an attempt from ANet to push PvE players to WvW, so I hope my server will be nice and welcoming and embrace the opportunity, instead of playing the elitist vets that prefer be 3 on a map, but have their so-called purity safe.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Jesus you guys moan about queues every chance you get. Is there really any server still getting 4 map queues regularly, other than reset night which is expected and shouldn’t even be counted. People crying about wvw dying for years now and when they do stuff to attract players all we do is cry about it in the forums.

I think having to put up with queues while getting to test the new specs is ok, it’s only going to last for 3 days. PvE players will probably have friday to play, like 12-10pm est before reset. They probably don’t want to run the specs in pve yet because of raiding.

The important thing is to test all the specs, see what’s broken and give feedback. We kitten well know something probably is broken or not balanced right. Remember one shot gunflames and mesmer stacking invis for a minute?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’m curious how this will work too.
Nevermind ques (they’ll be twice as wack as normal), but in addition to team score, there’s a personal score factor at play also. In the demo last weekend, every achievement, everything you gathered and all items you unlocked weren’t permanent, so…pips, reward track progress, personal rank gain? How is that going to be handled if you’re running a demo character? What if you get an outrageous drop? Lots of room for saltiness no matter if you’re a vet or a first time noob depending on how this is inplemented for testing.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Jesus you guys moan about queues every chance you get. Is there really any server still getting 4 map queues regularly,

we do. every prime time afternoon we get queues for all 4 maps for at least a while.

and if I understand tables correctly our server link fights atm in t4…. “dying”

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Jesus you guys moan about queues every chance you get. Is there really any server still getting 4 map queues regularly,

we do. every prime time afternoon we get queues for all 4 maps for at least a while.

So EU servers then where the links are mismatched, or so we’re told.
Cause ain’t no NA server pulling 4 map queues in the afternoon, don’t even think even BG pulls 4 map queues regularly in prime, been a while since I logged in there though.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

We get usually outmanned in prime time.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

well i am excited about trying these out this weekend! but as of yet i do not see any demo slots open! will we be able to use our main ones or just the demo beta?

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

well i am excited about trying these out this weekend! but as of yet i do not see any demo slots open! will we be able to use our main ones or just the demo beta?

Probably only demo beta characters will be able to pick the new elites.

As for the rewards, my bet is it will all void in the end of the weekend, just as it did in PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Atros.9607

Atros.9607

Sounds like we’ll be denied loot and such while our server either suffers/benefits from us the scrubs that get to beta these new specs. Just like HoT, except shiner and fresher

[ShW] Shrouded Warband § Gold Invader § Fort Aspenwood
My pugs are not lemmings, they just fell off that cliff because I did

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

So EU servers then where the links are mismatched, or so we’re told.
Cause ain’t no NA server pulling 4 map queues in the afternoon, don’t even think even BG pulls 4 map queues regularly in prime, been a while since I logged in there though.

I must admitt I am on EU and I have no idea on how the case would look like on NA…
[we also roflstomp T4 for the most of time and get roflstomped every time we manage to get into T3….]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Being on live is good. This is how we get balance before launch, as it will show interactions between people who want to play their current builds, and people who want to play nothing but new elites.

If it was private, it would just be PoF elites vs. PoF elites.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

Noticed a few d/c’s and rollbacks already