Upcoming "Golem Rush" event... Thoughts?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

It’s interesting save for that one statement:

“All siege golems in WvW no longer require supply to construct.”

This alone leaves me to assume there’s going to be just massive blobbing of golems flipping stuff in seconds. No point in sieging up places if everyone and their mum’s brown dog will be running around in one of these.

And you guys thought k-trains were bad in WvW already? Oh man.

Feel free to discuss this topic amongst yourselves…

EDIT: Source to original post… https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-7-2015

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It makes Anet look out-of-touch given that the previous top post in this forum was a discussion suggesting that golems are bad.

Personally, I think it’ll be a fun and interesting event that will do no long-term harm. Frankly, I’m delighted that Arenanet are doing something different with WvW!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

Stupid as hell.

So are they trying to turn WvW into MechWarrior for that week? May as well throw in some Kaijus since someone on the dev team has a Pacific Rim fetish.

If they want to do this make it a weekend event, 48-72 hours. Not the whole freak’n week.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in WvW

Posted by: Chunky Milk.2130

Chunky Milk.2130

I seriously thought this was some kind of joke. I mean, WvW was at the top of the list instead of a footnote at the bottom, and what was actually written in the section is so ludicrous they have to be joking…

[Hide]/[DP]

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Apparently the WvW servers Anet play on have zero LAG even when in massive zerg battles, so all the recent topics about the LAG are apparently lies.

I don’t know who thought this was a good idea, but im cant wait for Anets reply on the topic, if we even get one.

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

to hell with it

what kind of a cruel joke is this?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: koffein.9374

koffein.9374

very bad joke …

in WvW

Posted by: Mystogan.6832

Mystogan.6832

They just want to see how many people’s game crashes when all the golems whirl at the same time…

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Golem vs Golem !!!!!!!!!!!

+Golems vs GVGs !!!!!

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Its just a week and is honestly just for sheit ‘n’ giggles

I am looking forward to the fun event

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

April 1st was 12+ weeks ago

I think in competitive matchups the potential is there for some fun “rock’em, sock’em robot” action; but it’s just going to make things hateful for non-ppt oriented players and folks who are outnumbered in certain timezones.

in WvW

Posted by: este.8651

este.8651

This will only make big blobs stronger. I think the “no siege” required idea should be re-examined. The event itself is a bad idea but I don’t think there is a chance of getting rid of it, although I hope there is. In the future I would suggest bouncing ideas off the Anet reps who play WvW during their lunch break. They may have a little more experience when it comes to designing WvW events.

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

It will be entertaining for about 10-15 min and then it will become stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It makes Anet look out-of-touch given that the previous top post in this forum was a discussion suggesting that golems are bad.

Personally, I think it’ll be a fun and interesting event that will do no long-term harm. Frankly, I’m delighted that Arenanet are doing something different with WvW!

It hasn’t gone past the first page though.

As far as WvW in general, this does change things up but something more substantial likely would have been better. I’m not talking about another season.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Just two things:

1) They didnt say its going to be free. Golems are expensive as all kitten. Basicly, its going to be a money drain for already poor WvW players in order to have a week of “fun”. Because if you dont buy a golem, you’re not going to have fun when the enemy come with 40 of them. Good luck roaming. Its not going to work. You can look forward to spending 500+ gold in the coming week.

2) As long as the server matchup doesnt count toward glicko I dont really care. Sounds like a good time to take a vacation from WvW and do a little sPvP. Because they wont dare to kitten up that without causing an outrage from high end sPvP streamers.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What the actual kitten…..
I’ll be taking that week off

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Man, this is going to be so much fun, and will easily break up the routine for the week, this is so exciting.

Just two things:

1) They didnt say its going to be free. Golems are expensive as all kitten. Basicly, its going to be a money drain for already poor WvW players in order to have a week of “fun”. Because if you dont buy a golem, you’re not going to have fun when the enemy come with 40 of them. Good luck roaming. Its not going to work. You can look forward to spending 500+ gold in the coming week.

2) As long as the server matchup doesnt count toward glicko I dont really care. Next week sounds like a good time to take a vacation from WvW and do a little sPvP. Because they wont dare to kitten up that without causing an outrage from high end sPvP streamers.

If your already a normal wvw player, wont you have the token to easily buy a couple anyways?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Probably figured we were taking too long converting wvw to eotm k-training, so they’re giving us a helping hand!

Now it’s a race to who’s the first server to roll out a map blob golem rush!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Just two things:

I have tons of otherwise useless WvW tokens, I might as well spend them on golems. Unless we are talking Omegas, no money will be wasted.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If your already a normal wvw player, wont you have the token to easily buy a couple anyways?

No because this abnormal player spends badges on siege to commanders so that we can play the game and have fun together. I recently had over 200 Alpha golems in my inventory until I made Omegas out of it all and put in the guild bank. I give siege whenever commanders ask for it (and I have it).

Do you really think “a couple” will do in a world where everyone can have golems? The enemy will come with golems as well. A couple of golems will probably last you 20 minutes, if you are lucky.

in WvW

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

I guess we should be happy that it is Golems and not Arrow Carts….

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

yes a couple would do just fine, it part of having fun, it must be boring day in and out the same thing, have a little laugh, and enjoy it. I have ton of sieges myself and yet, at last count over 5k tokens, as they are so easy to earn. I know this might not please everyone, but it just a tempory amount of fun, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Tofu.1978

Tofu.1978

This might be fun for a few hours but for a whole week. As others have said, put this in eotm only. Then we can have some fun golem zergs and experience the craziness but still go back to regular wvw when it gets old.

If they are going to do this they should share the fun with other game modes and trivialize them as well

SPvP: anyone can use the skyhammer device on any map at any time
Jumping puzzles and map exploration: make your own waypoint to anywhere
Dungeons: Golems again. How do you like spin to win mossman?

Devout Tofu, Hardened Tofu, Cryptic Tofu, Unstable Tofu, Expired Tofu
Knights of the Rose [KoR] – Isle of Janthir

(edited by Tofu.1978)

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

i do not hope it etom only, it be more fun in all the wvw, and a week is a good enough time to make sure all players get a chance to enjoy it. It not going to kill anyone, so why not see the fun in it?

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Considering that omega golems are already a problem, can hit siege just about everywhere even when it really shouldn’t be able to, and how much of a hassle golem rushes already are to defend against, My first thought upon reading this was a bit of cursing directed at Anet and whomever thought of that idea.

Well, july 17th-24th will be ktrain week in WvW, I suppose. Probably won’t be much fun for roaming :/

Just two things:

2) As long as the server matchup doesnt count toward glicko I dont really care. Sounds like a good time to take a vacation from WvW and do a little sPvP. Because they wont dare to kitten up that without causing an outrage from high end sPvP streamers.

#1, If it turns out how I expect it to go, probably won’t bother going in at all, might take the week off, because it’s going to be boring for most of that time, both for those using golems to attack and those trying to defend when severely outnumbered (read: pointless). Only fun to be had will be how many can you destroy, knowing how much money they spent.

#2, It will. Unless they listen and decide it won’t. I’ll pass on sPvP, I don’t think those I’d go in with for a full team will be on that week, and those attitudes there.

edit: to add rather than make another post, just because.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

gonna be unplayable on T1 because of lag, 100 omegas on screen, did anyone think thos through?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Stupid, insanly kittening stupid. I cant even say it on the forum without getting banned. Persons responsible for such an idiotic event should not work on this game mode please…

in WvW

DrMatt.9408

will take a week off I think. what a stupid idea, seriously is wvw a joke to anet? would explain a lot

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

It just shows Anet have ZERO idea about what their most loyal group of customers actually want.
Utter joke, its just gimmick after gimmick after gimmick with them.
Totally clueless.
Lets face it we all want the new map to good, but judging by every single decision they make its going to be awful.

in WvW

Posted by: Tranquillity.8697

Tranquillity.8697

I personally don’t like it. I hope this will not be a regular thing now.

“Arrow Carts +100% range – weekend”
“Catapults shooting 3 rocks at once – weekend”
“Dolyaks are now champions – weekend”
….

No plz don’t do this stuff to wvw^^

[Elona Reach]

in WvW

DrMatt.9408

I know, thought after we made it clear we didnt want pve crap in wvw they would get the idea. Doesn’t matter anyway, once two zergs of golems engage each other the game will freeze and people will start dcing/crashing. The novelty will wear off very quickly

in WvW

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Well I’m going to be staying outta WvW for a while now, dang thing was nothing but Zerg rushes and thief gank squads anyway.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in WvW

Posted by: UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

UltraElectroMagnetic.2187

I personally don’t like it. I hope this will not be a regular thing now.

“Catapults shooting 3 rocks at once – weekend”
….

I wouldn’t mind a stupid/crazy special event once a month/once every 2 months.

Ultra – Guardgineer – Onyx Guard [oG]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

What’s the limit on Golems in a map? Are they going to lift the limit so absolutely everyone can have one? That would be awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Tofu.1978

Tofu.1978

I like it, but to even things up with our zoom hacking friends add:

All structures now have translucent walls.

Devout Tofu, Hardened Tofu, Cryptic Tofu, Unstable Tofu, Expired Tofu
Knights of the Rose [KoR] – Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its a good way to remove Alpha Siege Golem Blueprints supply they may be taking it out of the game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Best joke Anet have come up with in a long time.

Players will use up their useless badges buying a shed load of golems, and making omega blueprints. Shortly after this event it will be announced that badges will actually be useful for something else..

So during that week it will basically be ‘rich vs poor’ with the rich running around in omegas and the poor in normal ones- when your golem dies, respawn and grab another one until you run out of badges.

Pointless trying to defend anything at all- 80 omegas will literally one shot a fully upgraded door. May as well play merry go round like EoTM and just k-train for the week.

Anyone trying to actually play wvw on anything other than a golem will just be a waste of space.

I wonder how many siege disablers are required to stop an 80 omega rush- could be funny watching two golem zergs rushing towards each other, then they are disabled and they just stand there looking at each other with red faces…

I wonder if they have considered the siege cap when coming up with this particular ‘event (farce)’.

This has got to be a very late April fool’s joke or Anet really don’t like wvw’rs and want to remove them from the game so wvw is purely for random casuals to k-train in.

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

I see this as just another poor attempt by Anet to get more players into wvw. In order to do it they are Driving away their loyal WvW player base in the process. Siege improvement and Pve events are the wrong way to go about it IMO.
To me the way you encourage new players into wvw w/o alienating your current player base is to encourage the type of play that has become the “meta.” You need to encourage the FIGHTS.
Things like ppk and increased player dropped rewards fit this bill. Maybe players should scale like open world pve mobs ( longer they are alive the more bonus you receive.) I am sure there are other ways to encourage Player vrs Player fighting, and anythign that does is positive from my PoV. Things like “Super Siege” only detract from the amazing massive scale battle system in gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Manvaeris.9857

Manvaeris.9857

My thoughts on the upcoming event are: I won’t be playing WvW in that week, apart from our guildraids.

I don’t feel they have any idea of what the WvW community wants. I want good fights, hard fights. I don’t want karmatrain anymore, I don’t want those big blob fights with massive skill lag.

Nobody is listening to this sub forum.

Elementalist of [Salt] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I am all for special events like these to make stuff a little bit interesting from time to time. But, seriously, just the thought alone of having even more golem rushes (for more than just this week) makes me think about staying away from WvW for a while.

Golem rushes are the easy mode of WvW. It is the low skill, low effort, time efficient (yet high coin cost) solution to razing maxed T3 keeps even if the keep is defended. The only side having fun at a golem rush is the attacking side, since the other side is usually doomed to just watch a keep go to waste with pretty little counter-play that they could bring. And I am saying this as someone who has experienced both the receiving and delivering end of a golem rush plenty of times.

This is the in-game equivalent of giving the finger to all those numerous players who put hours, coin, and much effort into upgrading keeps, scouting them through periods of low coverage, keeping the economy going, and defending keeps in actually interesting siege battles instead of just banging their head to a door with the karma train like everybody else, just to see their keeps razed in sometimes even below 3 minutes.

As for the perspective of where WvW should be heading, we don’t need more golem rushes. We are actually still in desperate need for a mechanic to limit their no-fun effectiveness.

If this is just a one week of craziness then, heck, why not, let’s do some all-omega raids. If anything, it will help to reduce the supply of golems. But, please, don’t ever even think of this as a testing event for a future permanent update.

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in WvW

TJgalon.5012

Why not look on the bright side, there is zero reason to see this is bad. It tempory, it be a fun week, and heck, if your annoyed, there still 99% other things to do in the game when your borded of the golem rush, and when your ready, go back inand have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Much fun. Very entertaining…like stand up comedy

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Yeah this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in this game..

I want to play my toons in wvw that’s why I have 8 of them.. Not run around in kitten golems pressing 1 key all day..

I’m honestly amazed at how dumb this sounds.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Manvaeris.9857

I am all for special events like these to make stuff a little bit interesting from time to time. But, seriously, just the thought alone of having even more golem rushes (for more than just this week) makes me think about staying away from WvW for a while.

Golem rushes are the easy mode of WvW. It is the low skill, low effort, time efficient (yet high coin cost) solution to razing maxed T3 keeps even if the keep is defended. The only side having fun at a golem rush is the attacking side, since the other side is usually doomed to just watch a keep go to waste with pretty little counter-play that they could bring. And I am saying this as someone who has experienced both the receiving and delivering end of a golem rush plenty of times.

This is the in-game equivalent of giving the finger to all those numerous players who put hours, coin, and much effort into upgrading keeps, scouting them through periods of low coverage, keeping the economy going, and defending keeps in actually interesting siege battles instead of just banging their head to a door with the karma train like everybody else, just to see their keeps razed in sometimes even below 3 minutes.

As for the perspective of where WvW should be heading, we don’t need more golem rushes. We are actually still in desperate need for a mechanic to limit their no-fun effectiveness.

If this is just a one week of craziness then, heck, why not, let’s do some all-omega raids. If anything, it will help to reduce the supply of golems. But, please, don’t ever even think of this as a testing event for a future permanent update.

This!

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

….

It’s going to happen, old thread on Dolyak improvements.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

On topic — yes, we will have not a night but an entire week of Karma training.

:( go to EotM please

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

[captain obvious comment >_> ]

well conditions eat up golems( 40 necros or engie parties ) pretty fast and their skills are reflected/absorved by guardian/mesmers…. now that everyone is dishing alot of damage golems will melt faster…if they have the same health…

If people dont want to defend and leech from that event… all stack on each side
golems and karma train has usual.

Great Anet testing more casual (brainless combat)….. GG

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Grimmskull.6102

Grimmskull.6102

I vote: “Lame attempt to circumvent the real problems with WvW”. A golem rush or a rainbow party or a wear your pink armor day is ridiculous whn the matchups are so far out of whack. Real fixes are what is needed.

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

I made some money because of it. So I liked it.

In general it’ll be cancer for actual WvW though.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Manvaeris.9857

Is Anet even aware of the lag we have during “normal” fights, even without golems?