Upcoming league (EU) and..

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Q:

Ok so with the league season around the corner. I ask you, which servers do you see deliberately tanking their current/next and quite recent match ups in order to drop to the beloved (10th spot/19th spot). Has anyone noticed it blatantly, get the rumour mill going!

Suspicions on Kodash trying to settle into top of the silver league… Or perhaps they are just weakened recently with loss of people or such? Lost people to AM?

Augury Rock, are they trying to tank to get top dog in silver league…

Abbadons mouth want to be the big dog in silver or the bullied kid in the gold playground… Rumour has it the foot will come off the accelerator and they will end in 11th by the end of this week – watch this space!

Baruch Bay will they keep up the top performance so far and cruise into gold league or will they too succumb to hidden desires of a silver league season.

The biggest culprit though, has to be desolation. Your not hiding it well folks! Since the end of august when you gave Vizunah Square a close (25k) run for 2nd place but missing out. You guys have tanked the last 3 weeks hard, losing over 119 rating not including the (close to 50 more) rating your losing this week. Mass exodus – I think not, cunning ploy to settle into the silver league and win your shiny loots me thinks! Going from a strong 3rd to 10th in about 4 weeks is impressive.

As for silver leaguers trying to tank into the bronze – I highly doubt it, as no one wants to fight dead servers = zzzz, if anything its a scramble for that vital 18th spot! Who will get it!

So whose tanking, in your opinion, insider knowledge welcome! Who will miss out on gold league who will end up in bronze.

Your thoughts!

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

I know for a fact that Deso and AR are… Deso admitted it in their matchup thread, and just playing AR… half of them are armourless, they are never attacking and in general their night cap crew is taking a break…

Really I think tanking the matchup is a kitten move by some servers :/

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I play on deso, and its not only that we dont wish to fight in the blob-league, we grew tired of fighting enemies with 89502384085043829054 blobs running around all BL’s and EB at every kitten hour of the day.

Take Vizunah, their “havoc groups” are never less then 20man strong… its a small zerg!!!!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

These are the incentives ArenaNet has created. If they actually thought about the consequences of their changes, this wouldn’t be happening.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

in WvW

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

They should just decide to make last weeks ranking be the league start listing. Otherwise we’ll see two weeks of utter pointless wvw in several matchups.

You can easily see servers losing points on purpose, as mentioned above, a bunch of AR run around naked for example.

Puz – TDA

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

The biggest culprit though, has to be desolation. Your not hiding it well folks! Since the end of august when you gave Vizunah Square a close (25k) run for 2nd place but missing out. You guys have tanked the last 3 weeks hard, losing over 119 rating not including the (close to 50 more) rating your losing this week. Mass exodus – I think not, cunning ploy to settle into the silver league and win your shiny loots me thinks! Going from a strong 3rd to 10th in about 4 weeks is impressive.

I know for a fact that Deso and AR are… Deso admitted it in their matchup thread, and just playing AR… half of them are armourless, they are never attacking and in general their night cap crew is taking a break…

Really I think tanking the matchup is a kitten move by some servers :/

Let’s set the record straight. Desolation is a very high population PvE server .. has been for a long time. The fact that we came close to catching Vizunah was down to the fact that our WvW guilds happen to have an intense commitment to WvW, and after weeks and weeks of facing off the Goliath of the EU servers, had developed tactics that were working.

However, the constant barrage of super-servers that we had to face week on week took its toll. The combination of constant Living Story new content (pulling away our PvE population from EBG) and our poor coverage issues meant that all our dedicated guilds were feeling the strain.

Only last week we lost our premium coverage Guild, DVG. That hurt us as a server. Last week’s match-up against SFR simply showed us what we were going to be dealing with in the Gold league.

But let’s get this straight. No-one on Deso is going to be giving up. We have simply accepted that we need to re-consolidate. And if we are going to survive as a WvW server, the only way to consolidate is by enjoying the game. Frankly, trying to beat others on PPT was killing us. So we stopped trying. Doesn’t mean that we are not going to play competitively – all our guilds – every single one of them – will give our opponents a very hard time whenever there are close to equal numbers. And our opponents know this.

And as a final note – if our PvE players suddenly decided to give WvW a serious shot .. there isn’t a server out there that can come close to beating us. Don’t believe me? Just as Tequila the Sunless! :-)

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: EmperorOfDoom.4362

EmperorOfDoom.4362

They should just take the rankings how they were when they first announced the season stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

They should just take the rankings how they were when they first announced the season stuff.

Hopefully anet is smart enough and does this. Decide the leagues by the ranking before the league announcement.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

That wouldn’t be fair neither : some servers gained strong reinforcement since the announcement and others lost much too.

These are the incentives ArenaNet has created. If they actually thought about the consequences of their changes, this wouldn’t be happening.

The funny thing is we don’t have a clue of what will be the incentives except a unique finisher. Is it really worth tanking and getting 7 weeks of karmatrain/boredom ?

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Servers don’t really have to actively tank — as in not logging on, naked armies, etc.

I’ll be a lot of people simply aren’t trying as hard. As someone said in a similar thread, if you’re tired, instead of fighting through it as you did before, you now log off for the night. It may not even be a 100% conscious decision!

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

The funny thing is we don’t have a clue of what will be the incentives except a unique finisher. Is it really worth tanking and getting 7 weeks of karmatrain/boredom ?

I mean the incentive to tank so you get in a lower league and thus easier matchups.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

in WvW

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

For servers in a league where they know they cannot compete it’s a very big deal. You’ll be fighting above your weight 7 weeks in a row.

But as it stands right now, servers that have dealt with those tiers for a while seem to be heading for the top of silver league (wether they do that on purpose or not).

Which just feels wrong and endangers servers near the top of the silver league. Those servers have no role in the gold league and it would pretty much kill off some servers if they would end up in there..

Puz – TDA

in WvW

Posted by: Sylar.6802

Sylar.6802

they should use the last 5 weeks to calculate the actual standings, on which they base their league placements

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

Baruch will give a fight in the golden league no matter what happens.
New dedicated guilds are appearing in the scene and we went up 6 places in the ranking after the summer hollidays. We expect to stay in the top five.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

You guys mean like they shout take numbers from last 5 weeks, make an average of them,fill them to table and then split servers to leagues?
Good idea, but will they do it?

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

Well it would make sense to do something like this. I hope they do something like this. It would be quite stupid if my server(Abaddon) had to fight in gold league because some servers above us decided they want some easy wins in the upcoming season. Abaddon has been rank 11 for 19(NINETEEN) weeks now. This is the spot where we belong. This is the highest position we ever had and it is really stable. Overall we’ve been between rank 14 and 11 for the last 26 weeks. If we get into gold league it would be quite a fail.

(edited by Nauda.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Whoa, i heard EU had no blobs. That’s it us ’mercians are not coming. We have bigger, badder and blobbier blobs already.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

It’s really quite simple, there will now be 2 bottom-tier demoralized servers that bleed players no matter what happens because they didn’t have the coverage to start with, and it will only get worse.

Snowballs. Snowballs everywhere.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD