Use the dam siege!!!

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Foremost warning: This is a rant

Whenever I WvW and a cannon or mortar unmanned while the enemy is right in front of us I shake my head, it seems to me that people clearly don’t understand how powerful these things are against siege and infantry.

I lost track of the time where I’ve taken a T3 towers with catapults and rams, only to find that on my way up the stairs to find that the mortar is left untouched, knowing fully well that it could’ve taken out our siege in under a minute. I’ve also been on the receiving end of such situation, ending into a tower/keep under attack only to find people staring at the door while doing nothing and not manning inner mortars or doing something useful, its completely infuriating to find these people so ignorant of essential WvW elements (manning siege, keep 10 supplies on personal at all times).

Another problem I see is that people preemptively dump all their supplies and even the keeps supplies at times during a siege before the outer layer even falls, that supplies needs to be reserved to rebuild the gate AFTER you clear out the zerg, unless you have good reason to stall (buying a few seconds for the ally zerg to come to the resuce), but if that isn’t the case then your efforts is more often than not in vain and maybe even hurtful as you won’t be able to build a choke ballista later on.

/end rant

TL;DR – I don’t like bad decisions.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

(edited by LieutenantGoogle.7326)

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

bad decisions like not preping the site.

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

Love when I see people repair outer walls with three trebs hitting the keep and burn all the supply down.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I’ll tell you the reason. Some people don’t like sitting in the same place as if you’re immobile. They’d rather be dishing it out on the front lines and dying in melee combat than staying behind the lines and manning siege equipment.

What can you do except find more like-minded players to man some siege equipment.

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Lol we had a massive Zerg in hills the other day …. They dutifully took out our cannons, then ran up the wall to build a treb and guard it …. Only they didn’t seem interested in stopping me leaping over the wall six times and running back inside to repair the cannon, which I promptly used to blast away at them glued on the wall. I’m not a oh so many bags I got type of person, but man there were quite a few that day.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

I’ll tell you the reason. Some people don’t like sitting in the same place as if you’re immobile. They’d rather be dishing it out on the front lines and dying in melee combat than staying behind the lines and manning siege equipment.

What can you do except find more like-minded players to man some siege equipment.

Except they don’t even try to ward off enemies from the top, they just stand in the courtyard trying to look as dashing as possible while holding a stupid greatsword.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

The people that NEED to read this don’t read the forums. >.<

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: BigJustin.3728

BigJustin.3728

Man up, come outside and get some. Cant stand those little dweebs who always sit in keeps and shoot cannons at passer bys or sentry points.

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Man up, come outside and get some. Cant stand those little dweebs who always sit in keeps and shoot cannons at passer bys or sentry points.

The words of a thief that got pwned by a cannon. True story.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

It is somewhat annoying when things need to be done, but everyone is either standing on top of the wall giving off an occasional pot shot, or hitting the door.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: frankylovechild.8623

frankylovechild.8623

Agreed, but its easy enough to just send them a pm letting them know their mistake. Most will appreciate the help.

Violah |CoSA| Sorrows Furnace

Use the dam siege!!!

in WvW

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone,

While we appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback, threads that are created for the sake of complaining are not allowed on this forum as they do not invite to a constructive discussion. As such, this thread is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.