Using mesmer portals is bannable ?

in WvW

Posted by: Xivos.9102

Xivos.9102

Today i captured a tower with couple of friends. Friend Mesmer helped to get us inside, and when we captured a tower, but some guy told us that he reported us for hacks…
He also said that using mesmer portals is now bannable, becouse ANET decided so.
Is that truth ?

in WvW

Posted by: Grassrab.9302

Grassrab.9302

Using Mesmer portals on their own is not bannable. Hiding in a tower and getting a group in through a portal is a valid tactic. If the mesmer using a hack to get into the tower that is another mater.

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

No, I can think of no reason why mesmer ports would get you banned

If the mesmer was in the tower and didnt use wall jumps or hacks to get you inside you will be fine

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What is more important is how the mesmer got inside, not so much the portals themselves.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Portalling through walls is not bannable but also not intented (or at least i believe to have read something in this way somewhere in these forums).

I personally would handle leaving a dead mesmer on the inside of a keep door to rez through said door as exploiting. We lost SN more than once due to this because there is just nothing you can do about it.

Bugging into tower/keeps is exploiting too, but everyone should know this.

in WvW

Xivos.9102

He was waiting there for when enemies took over the tower

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

have u actually sever seen a mesmer HIDING in a tower for long?NO…so in your case this portal must have been thrown down by some mesmer that exploited.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Xivos.9102

So if one mesmer used exploit, everyone who went through portal can get banned ?
How can I can realy now if mesmer didnt used exploit ? I thought Mesmer just hiding in the castle, and then creates portals, did not even know that you can ress through the gate.

Mesmer said he was there for over 2 hours…

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

I dont think the portal users will get banned unless there is evidence that they knew that the mesmer used bannable methods for getting into a tower or keep

I do have a 80 mesmer and have hidden in a keep for half an hour, 2 hours seems unlikey but could happen, i wouldnt wait for 2 hours in a keep i would likey suicide to make the oppenents spend the next 10 mins sweeping for more mesmers :P

you do need to get to know the mesmers on you server, it will let you know if they can be trusted and if they know how to portal bomb, plus they can port you in the jumping puzzles

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: sahand.9138

sahand.9138

Ressing threw the gate to have him port you guys in an exploit and you can be banned for it

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

There have been a couple of times I have found mesmers after “mesmer sweeps” have taken place – some people rush the sweeps, others are not always looking in the right places both times were within 20 mins of the place falling and I’m pretty sure that they hadn’t exploited into those places. Recently a mesmer on our side managed to hide for over an hour in stonemist and was only caught when he move out to do his portal.

However there is a spot in the bay keeps on the border maps where someone could hide which is probably an exploit (which I will not go into detail about here, but I am happy to discuss it with Anet) – but I always check it when mesmer sweeping myself.

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

have u actually sever seen a mesmer HIDING in a tower for long?NO…so in your case this portal must have been thrown down by some mesmer that exploited.

I’ve hid inside a TOWER for over 15 minutes. There are some good spots. Zzz.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

However there is a spot in the bay keeps on the border maps where someone could hide which is probably an exploit (which I will not go into detail about here, but I am happy to discuss it with Anet) – but I always check it when mesmer sweeping myself.

If you are talking about the texture at the southern rock wall, that’s already known. I know another, very good spot to hide but it’s noch reachable for mesmers as you need a 600 range jump skill to get there.

in WvW

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

If ANet didn’t like it, it’d have been patched out long ago.

There’s only so many spots where you can do it, all they’d have to do is add guard positions at those locations, and adding spawn points/entities to a map is very easy, as you can see from how holiday events work, with the gifts/halloween portals, etc..

in WvW

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

More curious is why only a few classes get siege utility, but I guess this game is built around bring the class not the player.

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

If the mesmer didn’t exploit/hack themselves into the fortification, you are 100% fine.

If the mesmer did exploit/hack themselves into the fortification, the report needs to show 100% definitive proof that you had malicious intent when using the portal. So basically, a screenshot and a report can’t possibly show the person exploiting into the fortification for you, laying down the portal, and then you using the portal to cheat the system, all with prior knowledge that the portal was from a exploiter/hacker.

You’re safe either way, just ignore people who threaten you with reports. If you haven’t done anything “bad” on purpose, you have no reason to fear any number of reports on your account.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

I’ve hid inside a TOWER for over 15 minutes. There are some good spots. Zzz.

Have to agree. Managed same several times on my ranger&thief to solo re-cap them after the buff was gone. Sometimes ppl will just not look for any enemys inside and some towers got nice spots to hide.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur