[VIDEO] How to capture a tower on a T1 server

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

Here’s a quick video I just made that talks about placing arrow carts right at the gate to destroy their siege and then move on to placing rams to hit the door. I believe this is the most efficient way to quickly take a fully upgraded, fully “sieged” tower and with 2-3 people manning the siege inside.

Basically if you want to capture a tower you have 2 options:

1. from a distance with catapults and/or trebuchets
  2. hitting the gates with rams and/or golems

You can also try the ninja option, but I’m talking about T1 servers where people actually defend what they capture.

The first option gives you much more distance from the enemy and with swirling winds you can protect your siege. This will pretty much render all their siege worthless cause they can’t reach you, unless they have a trebuchet inside, but you can built trebuchets too, further away.

The second option involves being in the range of enemy siege fire, near the gates. You can clean up the oil, canon and all the siege placed on the walls, but most of the time you don’t clean up the siege placed inside in the courtyard. And I’m talking here about the always present catapult and the 2 arrow carts.

These 2 options also apply for capturing keeps, but I want to talk about the towers because not many people know about the weakness of the tower gates. There’s quite a big hole between the gate and the upper wall and you can build 1-2 arrow carts right at the gate, like you would place rams and start hitting all the siege inside.

It’s very important to first take out their oil, canon and arrow carts on the walls. Once you cleaned their walls, then move away and come back again in 5 minutes for the actual attack. During this time it’s very probable that they didn’t have the time to rebuild the siege on the walls.

If you do this, you are basically ignoring all their siege and the only way to stop you is if their zerg comes in and stomps you. But if you move quickly with 3 superior rams and 2 superior carts (that’s 190 supply, 19 people) you take it faster than they could mobilize their zerg.

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

(edited by Catalin.5341)

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

Wow, no one is interested in this. Ok I’ll post a kitten. Let’s see if this gets any interest.

Attachments:

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Wow, no one is interested in this. Ok I’ll post a kitten. Let’s see if this gets any interest.

Aww! So cute!

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

Wow cute kitteh, thanks for this great contribution!

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Now we’re talking!

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Guys lol he is trying…..just appriciate it and dont execute him with a kitty

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Just so you know, We’ve been using that tactic in T9 for about 2 months now so it’s not only T1 lol

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

As this thread has gone kind of off topic we are closing it. Please refrain from this behaviour in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

(edited by Moderator.1462)