Vapour Form

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Either remove it in WvW or give it to all classes to allow everyone a free getaway into a keep portal when fighting near keeps.
Thank you.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

how come you dont want to stop the thief class using stealth near towers ?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Inprognito.9487

Inprognito.9487

Wouldn’t it be easier just to make it so the Ele can’t go through the door while in mist form? Sounds completely fair to me.

Monstrosadus
Talons [BT]
http://www.Monstrosadus.com – Monstrosadus now on spotify!

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Wouldn’t it be easier just to make it so the Ele can’t go through the door while in mist form? Sounds completely fair to me.

This.

Although it always makes me laugh when an ele runs out of H2O inches away from the portal.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

(edited by Gab Superstar.4059)

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

If they are alive, I don’t see why not? I’m pretty sure their downed teleport thingy can’t go through the portals like Mist Form.

But I am not sure.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

How about you actually find out about certain skills… Mist Form is a utility skill while Vapour Form is our downed ability. I guess you’re complaining about Vapour Form though.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

It is an honest mistake.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

It is, as such I’ll respond as an ele main and wouldn’t complain if Vapour Form prevented access via portal.

Vapour Form

in WvW

KillEveryoneElse.3940

also an ele has less chance to get to a tower without being ganked, my warrior can usually run in every time due to more hp/armor

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

also an ele has less chance to get to a tower without being ganked, my warrior can usually run in every time due to more hp/armor

lolno

A warrior gets downed and he is bummed. The Warrior downed skillset is trash. An Elementalist can actually take advantage of getting downed in order to run into the keep.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrow.2785

Sarrow.2785

Like the thief downed skill cannot teleport him into a tower, vapour form shouldn’t either.

Admiral Mournn, Tarnished Coast

Vapour Form

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

One thing non-ele players should be aware of is that going into Vapour Form increases your downed penalty by one, so after using Vapour Form once you have two counts of downed. You have a maximum downed count of 5 thereafter you die instantly, however there is a bug with Vapour Form that causes you instant death when the count reaches 4 meaning the second time you jump off the wall, are downed and try to Vapour Form back inside you’re instantly defeated.

The bug at least prevents extended periods of Vapour Form abuse, however as mentioned in other posts regarding this topic the actions of the Ele’s jumping down are rather trivial and can easily be nullified by moving back from the door or using pull skills to draw the Ele out of range of the portal.

Also while being downed does reset conditions, you are able to CC an Ele in Vapour Form if you’re fast enough.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

If they are alive, I don’t see why not? I’m pretty sure their downed teleport thingy can’t go through the portals like Mist Form.

But I am not sure.

Thief downed teleport cannot get trough the gate portal

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

But I am not sure.

Thief downed teleport cannot get trough the gate portal

Good, good. Neither should Vapour Form, really.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

KillEveryoneElse.3940

does the warrior skill vengeance allow them to port ?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

does the warrior skill vengeance allow them to port ?

I think so.

I’ve never lived long enough to activate it and try it out.

Unlike Vapour Form, you have to wait for Vengeance to charge up before using it, which means you’re dead before you can use it.

Regardless, when Vengeance ends you die. When Vapour Form ends, you get downed again and can Bandage yourself.

Considering those two factors, you can’t compare Vengeance to Vapour Form.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

KillEveryoneElse.3940

if you get 100% hp before effect ends you dont die according to wiki,

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

i dont even know why a thief is brought up, they can just walk in stealth, sure they will take some damage but no1 can focus them. also every thief has a shortbow and can just infiltrators arrow on the portal to get in, even when immobilized. every class has its pro’s and cons. also every1 sais how much they dont like an ele to have it but no1 can seem to think of a solution.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

if you get 100% hp before effect ends you dont die according to wiki,

I’ve never been able to test that either. Not even with our most powerful heal, Adrenal Surge, can’t we realistically get full Health due to being still locked in combat.

also every1 sais how much they dont like an ele to have it but no1 can seem to think of a solution.

Really? It has been brought up multiple times in this thread that disabling the ability to use the portals when in Vapour Form would solve the problem.

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Magische Boek.2530

hmm oh sorry, i was stuck in my head with your first post. because you suggested to remove it. what would you replace it with than?

I’m not arguing!

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

I’m sure Ele’s would take Stealth and give up mist form.

Or better yet make all classes exactly the same, morons.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

hmm oh sorry, i was stuck in my head with your first post. because you suggested to remove it. what would you replace it with than?

Nobody has suggested to remove it.

Nobody has suggested to replace it.

I’m sure Ele’s would take Stealth and give up mist form.

Or better yet make all classes exactly the same, morons.

I’m pretty sure most of the other classes would give up their left arm and a leg for Vapour Form. So. Yeah…

Do you even lift, bro?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Magische Boek.2530

Either remove it in WvW

how is this not suggesting to remove it?

I’m not arguing!

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

They should make ele’s vapour form back to its old cool down to match vengeance like it used to.

Either that or prevent it going through gate portals.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

Either remove it in WvW

how is this not suggesting to remove it?

Oh that. I’m rarely serious in my opening posts. It was merely an over-the-top and provocative opening post to get he discussion going by riling everyone up a bit.

Elementalists need the ability, especially in dungeons if they get caught by a stray attack or something. I don’t really want it removed, of course. Just that in WvW it is really overpowered due to the ability to flee into keeps. Something has to change.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Either remove it in WvW or give it to all classes to allow everyone a free getaway into a keep portal when fighting near keeps.
Thank you.

Every class can get it. Just use Rune of the Vampire. Six of those runes give the same thing that ele’s get.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Oh look, this thread again.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Vapour Form

in WvW

Magische Boek.2530

They should make ele’s vapour form back to its old cool down to match vengeance like it used to.

that way an elementalist would have no way to avoid getting stomped at the first try.
a thief can teleport
a warrior can knock down
a ranger can stun
a engineer can pull
a guardian can push back
a mesmer can clone teleport
a necromancer can fear
and a elementalist can wait 10 seconds before he’s able to do anything? sounds fair

I’m not arguing!

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Rune of Vampirism grants mist form when under 10%health and rune of infiltration grants stealth.
I am currently running a warrior with infiltration set and have to say, it saved my live many a time.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Yes elementalist standing next to a tower where when they die they can get inside is a huge problem in WvW .

What thief not get a kill they wanted?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Lemme just add that the mesmer clone teleport buys you at most like 5 seconds, and most of the time it teleports you into more danger than you were before. It really is quite bad….it teleports me into AoE’s constantly, deeper into zergs, etc…. So, as a mesmer, I’d love to have a downed skill that is actually fairly useful besides just spamming 1 for confusion.

That said, the ele thing is purely annoying…but that’s it. Should they not be able to go into portals? Sure…my teleport will teleport me against the portal, but I won’t go it. So it might be that you already can’t go in downed, but mist form changes you so that you aren’t ‘downed’ anymore. So it seems more like a bug than anything else, where the mist form takes them out of the downed state (do you still have it on your buff bar?) so that lets them in.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

that way an elementalist would have no way to avoid getting stomped at the first try.
a thief can teleport
a warrior can knock down
a ranger can stun
a engineer can pull
a guardian can push back
a mesmer can clone teleport
a necromancer can fear
and a elementalist can wait 10 seconds before he’s able to do anything? sounds fair

No it is not fair. But neither is getting an ‘I win-escape death free’ card every time they go down near by any allied structure.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Magische Boek.2530

as i said, every class has its pro’s and cons. like for example i dont think its fair that if me and a ranger both get downed the ranger will always win because he has his pet to revive himself. i dont think its fair that if i kill a guardian in the jumping puzzle he does his knockback, throwing me off the cliff… me falling to my death and him getting a rally. and a warrior who dies and does vengeance has all his skills available and just does his incredible high damage burst combo all over again while i was already on low hp from defeating him. you cant change everything to the way you like. you have the option to play an elementalist to if you so desire.

I’m not arguing!

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

Please people cry more about a downed skill…1 ele changes the entire course of battle obviously.

I’ve never seen more crying about a stupid skill than this 1…it’s really pathetic…learn to counter it like someone who pvps regularly…it’s the simplest easiest thing to stop a ele from getting back in after it but apparently nobody understands how.

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

as i said, every class has its pro’s and cons. like for example i dont think its fair that if me and a ranger both get downed the ranger will always win because he has his pet to revive himself. i dont think its fair that if i kill a guardian in the jumping puzzle he does his knockback, throwing me off the cliff… me falling to my death and him getting a rally. and a warrior who dies and does vengeance has all his skills available and just does his incredible high damage burst combo all over again while i was already on low hp from defeating him. you cant change everything to the way you like. you have the option to play an elementalist to if you so desire.

If a warrior goes vengeance just don’t get hit, and if you know he will make his “uber”-combo, why don’t you run away?, stun him, he will waste 1-3 sec of vengeance and run away, he will finally fall, never had a problem with this actually, and don’t fight a warrior that goes vengeance if you have low HP, or you can fight him, just know what you need to do, if you cannot stun, why not stealth and run away?

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Most classes can do what vapour form does and they don’t even have to go down to do it and if everyone else can do it better, why do we need to nerf elementalists?

Gate of Madness

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Doherz.7596

Doherz.7596

I main an elementalist and tbh as long as any changes were only made to the downstate vapour form and mist form was left alone I wouldn’t complain.
Right now being downed near a keep entrance is basically good news for me, because boom hit number 2 and I’m all cosy and safe. Yes it affects the number of downed debuffs but tbh getting inside safely is a massive boon to my team.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Magische Boek.2530

if you cannot stun, why not stealth and run away?

i dont want to go off topic but why would you kill someone and than run away when he uses vengeance? if he has 100% health he’s back alive again, so what was the point of killing him in the first place than?

I’m not arguing!

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Most classes can do what vapour form does and they don’t even have to go down to do it and if everyone else can do it better, why do we need to nerf elementalists?

i dont see anyone else besides elementalists being able to use portals and enter keeps/towers at will when Downed AKA Dieing.

lets see warrior would have a long wait for #3 skill to run into a portal and only die 10 seconds later unless he kills someone before and revives.

Engineer : uhh what he’s gonna pull the portal with his grappling hook ?

Thief: only got a short teleport to location and stealth no skill that allow running and entering to portal.

Mesmer:somewhat like the thief except they spawn some clone to fight back yet again no “Run to portal”feature.

Necromancer:only drains hp poisons and fears those near him.

Ranger: damages and dazes and can revive the pet at location so pet can start reviving the ranger.

Stop lieing please.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

How about fix the culling issues with mesmer bombing first?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

i dont see anyone else besides elementalists being able to use portals and enter keeps/towers at will when Downed AKA Dieing.

lets see warrior would have a long wait for #3 skill to run into a portal and only die 10 seconds later unless he kills someone before and revives.

Thief: only got a short teleport to location and stealth no skill that allow running and entering to portal.

Mesmer:somewhat like the thief except they spawn some clone to fight back yet again no “Run to portal”feature.

Ranger: damages and dazes and can revive the pet at location so pet can start reviving the ranger.

Stop lieing please.

I said “they don’t even have to go down”.

Endure pain, distortion, anything that gives block, elixer S, anything that teleports, even dodge rolls (even stealth to an extent), etc. All of these things will get you through a door no matter what skills people are using on you. And you don’t have to wait until you’re down to use them! Amazing. How do we stand for this?

Edit: Like, as an example, look at what engineers can do for 20 seconds starting at 0:40

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

Yeah thats all right. If the ele can go through the portal non shall do. If thiefs can stealth all should be able to stealth. Its also unfair that warriors can take revenge and stand up again, have more hp than others. Mesmers can still make incredible damage in downstate, Guardians can prevent the frist stomp .....

Also vapor form is not a gurantee to get away. The ele can still be rooted in place while in Vapor so L2P and dont qq so mutch

you see everyclass have pros and cons.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

Vapour Form

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

Yeah thats all right. If the ele can go through the portal non shall do. If thiefs can stealth all should be able to stealth. Its also unfair that warriors can take revenge and stand up again, have more hp than others. Mesmers can still make incredible damage in downstate, Guardians can prevent the frist stomp …..

Also vapor form is not a gurantee to get away. The ele can still be rooted in place while in Vapor so L2P and dont qq so mutch

you see everyclass have pros and cons.

Vapor form grants invulnerability.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

Stop lieing please.

Endure pain, distortion, anything that gives block, elixer S, anything that teleports, even dodge rolls (even stealth to an extent), etc. All of these things will get you through a door no matter what skills people are using on you. And you don’t have to wait until you’re down to use them! Amazing. How do we stand for this?

Edit: Like, as an example, look at what engineers can do for 20 seconds starting at 0:40

however it wasnt as easy as a push of a button it was a whole series Shield/block tool kit/block elixir S med kit for swiftness and condition removal and normal evades thats something everyone can pull off. you chose a bad example to compare for fairness as engineer needed main weapon slots and 2 utility slots to do what Eles can do with 1 button.

Another thing is the Thread is about Elementalist’s Downed Vapor form no one is hating on the Mist form they use while alive that one is perfectly reasonable.

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Yes it grants invulnerability, but they can still be stopped in their tracks with ease.
Immobilise them.
Anything from Guardian walls, three orb thing or wtk any other professions can use to stop a player moving also works on vapour form.
Must be magic, these things can stop a cloud of mist

Also DoT them up, these still tick & can kill them whether in cloud form or not.
Yes, this can be annoying, but they still have to wait ages to have that downed/death state reset before they can risk it again.
P.S. AoE near the door, you`ve a chance it`ll hit them.

Other then when an Ele` is near a portal, downed state is crap.

Personally, I wish they`d just either give us a suicide button or get rid of downed states once & for all, but there`s no such luck…

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

Please people cry more about a downed skill…1 ele changes the entire course of battle obviously.

I’ve never seen more crying about a stupid skill than this 1…it’s really pathetic…learn to counter it like someone who pvps regularly…it’s the simplest easiest thing to stop a ele from getting back in after it but apparently nobody understands how.

It is not one Elementalist. By my count they are the most popular class (perhaps tied with Thieves…) in WvW. You always face tons of them, and when they are all in essence immortal when defending a keep… it is no fun. Something has to be done to balance the down states across the classes really. Which is why I jokingly said “Either remove Vapour Form or give it to all the classes.

I think I should’ve said “Either fix it or give it to all the other classes”

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

There are many ways to counter ele vapor form so I dont believe it should be removed or changed since against people that know how to counter it you maybe get away 4/10 times.

The best way is to immobilize them and every profession has at least one skill that causes immobilized.
Another way is condition damage.
More advanced methods involve teamwork. (the best that has been used against me was scorpion wire + moa form + fear to push me away from the tower)

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Vapour Form

in WvW

Rezzet.3614

There are many ways to counter ele vapor form so I dont believe it should be removed or changed since against people that know how to counter it you maybe get away 4/10 times.

The best way is to immobilize them and every profession has at least one skill that causes immobilized.
Another way is condition damage.
More advanced methods involve teamwork. (the best that has been used against me was scorpion wire + moa form + fear to push me away from the tower)

wont work if you used your immobilizes on the ele while he/she was alive and its not like eles are Unsmart they wont use vapor form blindly either. also why is it fair to need a whole team just to down 1 class?

Vapour Form

in WvW

Oglaf.1074

It is still rather imbalanced.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

Vapour Form

in WvW

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Stop lieing please.

Nisha had to sacrifice every ounce of damage to do that