in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I thought cannons were ok.

• People used them,
  • they were a bit different and
  • didn’t seem OP.

What about you?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Wait the poll and people will give their opinions.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Seasniffer.1763

Seasniffer.1763

Spotted the YB player.

Big Daddy Thorton – GM of Strike Force [SF]
President of Jade Quarry

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Spotted the YB player.

Everyone used them, including your server and mine. I personally dont want it put back in because I do not think it is good for wvw, especially since siege mechanics are so broken and this item was plagued with issues from the start which really messed up testing.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

How about powder keg sites to demolition walls and doors.Be funny as heck getting blown up trying to run kegs to a wall or door as people shoot at you.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Krevra.4289

Krevra.4289

How about no more siege and we fix WvW. Anet please just hire some RvR vets that are motivated, have them look at ESO, Crowfall, and Camelot Unchained and some of the other RvR type games. We can debate here all we want but lets be real. While WvW is open for all, we got alot of casuals here who are just bout that zerglife and arnt even in WvW guilds, so hard to get good advice imo.

Number Fourtyseven
Guild leader of [BMS] Better Metal Snake

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Cannons themselves were not the issue, the excessive amount of siege available is the issue. IMO siege should only be used to capture a keep/tower or be used to defend a keep/tower. It has no place in open field, and is to readily available, we do not need AC’s, Ballista, Cata’s, Trebs, Rams, Cannons, Mortars, Golems, and the personal cannons, it’s simply to much siege availability. They could stand to get rid of a few more siege items if you ask me.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

How about powder keg sites to demolition walls and doors.Be funny as heck getting blown up trying to run kegs to a wall or door as people shoot at you.

This is called bfme 1 and bfme 2 isengard mines. Or battle for helms deep in the movies.

But since its anet who is creating it, in reality it would turn into something more like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r00HSSJQ6k
idk what game that is…some random thing

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Clearing five catas in three fast shots is OP. Bypassing siege placement caps is OP.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

what was the whole point of adding this AC upgrade anyway

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Clearing five catas in three fast shots is OP. Bypassing siege placement caps is OP.

5 catas can rotate bubbles without the need of a shield generator so no, you cannot take out 5 catas with a cannon unless the users are kittened.

But I agree about the siege cap thing. I wanted to cringe as I was seeing lines of cannons in every wall of every structure.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

what was the whole point of adding this AC upgrade anyway

They are much weaker then AC you need line of sight with canons to hit ac not so much. I hope they keep them in the cannons where good counter siege that that ballista was unable to hit.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Verdict:

No siege cap made them impossible to properly form an opinion on.

If they want to try them again as a revamped beta, then here are a few suggestions:

Fix the siege cap issue
Smaller AOE ring
Lowered AOE player cap
Lowered bleed stacks.
Basically a scaled down version of the fixed position canons.

If they polled about them today, I would vote NO.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Toxic trash. Funny but toxic trash. Cannons belong in towers and keeps. Nuff said.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Isn’t the siege cap fixed along with the despawn timer?

Anyway, I find canon really useful as a siege clearer. There are places where ball can’t hit due to limited high ground and also, it takes a lot of shots to clear siege. However, canon is not that limited by the line of sight compare to ball and it clear siege way faster than ball too. Another problem with ball is that it has no FPS feature thus if target is out of that clickable range, the ball can’t hit it any more even though we know ball can hit way further.

I tend to build canon just to clear those loads of ACs on the walls and gates.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Why is it that everytime something good happens for defense you get crying about how hard a time blobs have. Instead of using tactics it seems players rely more now on numbers and class op skills. If 10 players fail to take a tower because 2 defenders were able to build seige and stop them then they call foul and berate the players for being seige humpers. But if they take a tower with 2 defenders who get there too late to defend, they corpse troll them and message how bad of players the defenders are because they got ran over. We need better seige imo, but more importantly better class balance.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Spotted the YB player.

I lol’d.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Im okay with them keeping cannons if they fix them first.
Increase siege cap so you can’t stack like 10 of them in 1 spot…
Also make them cost more supply…

They are simply too OP at their current state..

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I think cannons have a 0% chance of reaching 75% approval, much like.. well.. pretty much anything. Supermajority is 60% for a reason.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

I was content with them. Didn’t seem strong to me as others say but increasing cap on them would be ok. As for deffending, still got no chance against night capping blobs. I’d also like to see superior version if this gets passed.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Toxic trash. Funny but toxic trash. Cannons belong in towers and keeps. Nuff said.

That is the most silly thing i head from any one. AC are toxic any thing that you can hit something with out being in the line of fire is toxic cannons are the complete opposite of that. Cannons and blisata ARE the way siege should be. AC being able to hide behind walls and doors comply out of the LoS of effects IS what is wrong with sieges. Cannons to a point counter this type of play!
There is something wrong with ppl who have there blinders on with a level of hate for a thing that they are comply unwilling to even have counters added if it means adding in more siege. Its a lot like stupid D&D lawful good or evil where you act outside of what a real human would just to keep in line with the view point you aligned your self to.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Hyperballad.5693

Hyperballad.5693

The canons are great – please make them permanent! And while you’re at it: remove the Alpine map, revert the stab change, revert the boon-share change, increase CoR damage, move resets back to Saturday, make golem weeks a monthly event, delete the Obsidian Sanctum, and please re-open the Blackgate server for transfers or consider providing them with a link (they are in desperate need of more people).

#MakeWvWGreatAgain

~ Show Me ~

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

^
Won’t someone think of those poor BG refugees??!!

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

If they put them into the present maximum siege cap limits then they will be fine. You will then have a choice of building another cata or a canon.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

I’ll be voting no to adding them permanently. They’re toxic for fights and make ballistas irrelevant. However, I would be happy if they change the anti-siege shot on the ballista to be a cannon shot (including cd and ground target) that only hurts siege.

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

I support cannons , however make them weaker against siege this way they are used better as a defensive weapon as with the mastery it removes boons and would prove a huge help against zergs

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Cannons were too much because they were too much damage.
If the portable cannons did about half or two thirds the damage they currently do, I would be all for keeping them.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Cannons were too much because they were too much damage.
If the portable cannons did about half or two thirds the damage they currently do, I would be all for keeping them.

I agree with this for normal tier siege the cannons having the same damage as tower cannons is too much and outperform superior siege

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

How about no more siege and we fix WvW. Anet please just hire some RvR vets that are motivated, have them look at ESO, Crowfall, and Camelot Unchained and some of the other RvR type games. We can debate here all we want but lets be real. While WvW is open for all, we got alot of casuals here who are just bout that zerglife and arnt even in WvW guilds, so hard to get good advice imo.

“Have them copy someone else” Is that how game design works now?

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

“Have them copy someone else” Is that how game design works now?

it should not, but sometimes is best to implment similiar solutions than broke the game even more… when the changes they do are not supoerted in their own game, it doe snot even make sense most Anet WvW changes.

It is like trying to glue a broken vase with acid? does it work do i need to copy other and use glue? XD

Krevra.4289:, maybe gw2 was designe with mind for the skrits that arent good at other games and game is fine, more than fine.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Verdict on Cannons

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Cannons were great if you were greatly outnumbered…problem is those that don’t need them can vote them away like everything else concerning wvw.