Veteran Creature daily needs to go

in WvW

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The Veteran Creature daily needs to be removed. When it is up it creates exactly the gameplay GW2 was supposed to get a way from: Camping next to spawn points, fighting people on your own side for killing it without others, and taking people away from trying to advance the team. For some reason it’s only 3 exact monsters, all on somewhat long load times (compared to camp capping timers), 1 of which (wurm) is in such a bad spot that almost no one can ever get it. A PVE daily just doesn’t belong in WVW.

If we can’t get rid of it, at least shorten the spawn timer and extend it to more creatures rather than the very odd “these exact 3 creatures out of the whole map” thing it does now.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Um No. What happens if you are the dominate server? You will have to run a long way to find any sort of action. The Veteran creatures enables you to get some reward along the way to finding the commander or another camp you can take. To me the keep daily is the hardest one to get. They are a lot of upgraded defended keeps.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

I’ve never understood why a pve option was part of the wvw daily. I can take it or leave it, I just find it odd.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

I agree that the keep daily is almost impossible to get consistently. However, that has no bearing on the Vet daily. There are so many things bad about the vet daily. Why these 3 specific vets? Why especially the Wurm, which is so out of the way that no one gets it? Why have the vets on such long timers? Why set it up so people are fighting each other over something with no bearing on the overall fight?

in WvW

Ulion.5476

Not sure but their are 3 other event creature on the map not sure if they give the daily since they are in the middle of nowhere. Champion spider not sure how it spawns, centaur and skritt ones. I have always thought of it as something extra to do incase their no much to do on a map.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Worst part about it is that people are afk farming the veteran creatures to maintain participation and pips, on Saturday I found Derior, a well know youtuber/steamer doing exactly this, I then farmed him while he tried, and even whispered him to tell him I am going to farm him, he then replied that he will now fight back, I then killed him just as fast as when he was afk.

in WvW

Ulion.5476

LOL that funny. Anyways I do not get why player are adamant in afking like that. When you are active in wvw time flies by.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Seriously? This is the so much of a worry for you, you feel the need to post? It’s a non-issue. Common.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I think the Veteran creature should stay, its repawn timer cut in half (to 5 min), but “rewards” for it should be halved too. I would be fine with it not being an event that gives you participation, to avoid AFKing for pips.

As far as I know the following borderland veterans count:
>> ice wurm between Bay and Quarry on Alpine BL
>> harpy NE for water camp on Alpine BL
>> warg west of SC on Alpine BL
>> sand wurm NE of Maclain’s camp on Desert BL
>> warg west of SC on Desert BL
>> harpy on plateau west of Air Keep on Desert BL

There are veteran spiders (e.g. between Skritt camp and NC on Alpine or in the valley SE of Bauer’s camp on Desert) that do not count as they have no DE attached to it)

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I really don’t see this as an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

There are veteran spiders (e.g. between Skritt camp and NC on Alpine or in the valley SE of Bauer’s camp on Desert) that do not count as they have no DE attached to it)

This is even mentioned in the daily description:

“Daily WvW Veteran Creature Slayer — Defeat the veteran warg, the harpy veteran, or the veteran wurm on a Borderlands map.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Not really an issue in my opinion. Much more worthy matters for dev attention out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

This is even mentioned in the daily description:

“Daily WvW Veteran Creature Slayer — Defeat the veteran warg, the harpy veteran, or the veteran wurm on a Borderlands map.”

It is 3 creature types, but six locations you can kill them. I don’t think the ice wurm is hard to get. it might be the easiest for a home team on Alpine. The harpies are usually not “contested” by enemies. The only “difficult” one is the desert warg, as it is right next to the camp.
I just try to wait there, my kite raised and will allow enemies to tag the veteran too. If we had less people ganking waiting players, the daily would be less of a hassle too.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: StrawHat.2639

StrawHat.2639

Its something to do along the way to another tower camp or sentry at times shrug.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Nothing to fix with the vet creature when it’s the daily. I’ve never seen the behaviour described by the op and I have done wvw for a couple of years across a few different servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I think it should stay. Easy potions for reward track. Easy daily category as its available from the spawns for Warg, Harpy. Nothing wrong with it.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.