[Video] How to wreck plebs in WvW by yourself

in WvW

Posted by: MLGKorno.5419

MLGKorno.5419

in WvW

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

You just proved conclusively that thieves are over powered .

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

You just proved conclusively that thieves are over powered .

Then I expect you to log into your thief and show us a video of you doing that in a matter of hours. The guys he was fighting were particularly lumpy and unskilled. No interrupts at the end of vault.. they probably don’t even know you can. Likely just zerglets.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Lol, are they hitting you with wet noodles? I don’t think I’ve seen a single attack on you that was over 2k in the whole first part.

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Lol, are they hitting you with wet noodles? I don’t think I’ve seen a single attack on you that was over 2k in the whole first part.

No, they were just not able to hit him. Didn’t you notice the random evade or block floaters popping up every second?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Have you fought these kinds of thieves? It doesnt matter what attacks you have, they have near perma-evade and are practicly unhittable.

That said I see near zero condi pressure in the vid, which is the only proper way to kill these builds. It doesnt have to be that high burst, but you need to constantly apply it to keep the HP trickling down more than he can heal (duh) even when you cant hit him. The enemies basicly brought spoons to a knife fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Frozen.1347

Frozen.1347

Uhm, conditions don’t magically appear on the enemy, you actually have to hit him in order to apply conditions. And even if you manage to apply some condis, he can easily cleanse them. So yea, good luck killing an evade spamming EA daredevil with condis. With physical dmg you have at least a small chance to burst him down when you hit him at the right moment.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Honestly, staff Thieves in general are the thing that currently gives me the most trouble. I’m aware of the animation lock and when you can interrupt their Vault and I’m also familiar with fighting Thieves in general. Most, unless very good or Toughness stacking, don’t give me trouble. As soon as I see a staff though, it’s rare I’ll come out the victor unless I’m on my condition Necromancer or the Thief is really awful. Otherwise, I seriously don’t understand how to lock these guys down when they’re in an almost endless evade frame and even if you manage to hit them, they’ll ususally Shadow Step out of reach and come right back to spam more 5 – 10k Vault/Bound crits.

I’m on the fence about saying it’s OP since I know you can’t just mash evades and win, there’s skill involved in making it work properly. But the more I fight it the more it feels like total kitten. Anyone mind giving me some tips?

I main a vanilla longbow/GS Ranger and before anyone says “that’s your problem” I know! :P I have little trouble against anything else, though. Well played Dragonhunter’s are the only other thing that I have a hard time bringing down. Otherwise I do just fine against any other build. Staff Thieves, though… I’m just lost on what do. I usually try to camp greatsword but even if I land a Counterattack or Hiltbash I can’t get enough burst off for the duration of the stun to kill them.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

sad…

“be aware of surroundings”

as he just chain spams evades lol…

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Vault has a hitch that any solid player can exploit. Staff is very dangerous in the right hands particularly with Bound but this build is spamming Bound and Vault mostly. If you die to that especially with those numbers you aren’t very good.

Just for clarification, I would rather fight a Staff/Bound build than a really good D/P player any day. A good D/P will pick even good players apart and be stealthed for 80% of the fight.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

Have you fought these kinds of thieves? It doesnt matter what attacks you have, they have near perma-evade and are practicly unhittable.

I play thief, so I’m pretty familiar, but when you have so many people around you you’re bound to miss evading something and you will get downed very fast when you fail evading. Especially when you’re in the middle of everything that’s happening. And he doesn’t have any toughness on him except some minor from runes.
Either way, great video.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

sad…

“be aware of surroundings”

as he just chain spams evades lol…

I had a similar reaction.

What has Thief this game become.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

LOL Another cliche HoT build

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Do that on ele or engi and you’ll find players will be more impressed…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.