[Video] Ranger WvW Skirmishes

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Hey all,

This is my first of many WvW videos. I got really impatient gathering footage so I put what I had (and could fit) in there. Tell me what you think!

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Thwomp.3912

Thwomp.3912

Great solo video, such a clutch rez up on lowlands Vista

BG – Faboose – Ranger
BG – Thwompp – Elly
BG – Thwomp Jr – Warrior

in WvW

Joey.3928

Great solo video, such a clutch rez up on lowlands Vista

Thanks! I know. I got really lucky. If I didn’t have the shorter cooldown on pet swapping that would not have happened. I love that spot when I am outnumbered :P

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

You had some pretty epic downed state wins. :P

in WvW

Joey.3928

You had some pretty epic downed state wins. :P

When lick wounds decides to work, it works really well :P

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Very impressive timing with pet swapping and pet skills while in downed state. You’re one of the only rangers I’ve seen utilize it. People complain we’re a broken underpowered class, but people like you show them that we can still kick kitten

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in WvW

Joey.3928

Very impressive timing with pet swapping and pet skills while in downed state. You’re one of the only rangers I’ve seen utilize it. People complain we’re a broken underpowered class, but people like you show them that we can still kick kitten

Thanks I appreciate that. I agree with you. I love my ranger and though pet control still can be clunky, we are an extremely powerful profession in a lot of situations.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

It’s interesting to see a longbow/greatsword build. I may need to look into that since I’ve got Kudzu lying around getting next to no use. Still finishing a sword/torch axe/dagger apothecary/passiflora getup in the meantime though. First thing’s first :P

in WvW

Joey.3928

It’s interesting to see a longbow/greatsword build. I may need to look into that since I’ve got Kudzu lying around getting next to no use. Still finishing a sword/torch axe/dagger apothecary/passiflora getup in the meantime though. First thing’s first :P

Excellent! I really haven’t strayed too far from my longbow. I love it too much. Point blank shot is too good. Greatsword is a relatively new addition for me though. I am never giving it up now.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in WvW

Faux Sheaux.6179

Excellent! I really haven’t strayed too far from my longbow. I love it too much. Point blank shot is too good. Greatsword is a relatively new addition for me though. I am never giving it up now.

Now I hope IoJ somehow finds its way back up the ranks. I’d like to get a chance to take a swing at that build :P

in WvW

Posted by: Haru Kane.4623

Haru Kane.4623

Why do you use Healing Spring if you’re not going to stay in the spring? Troll Unguent is by far the best ranger heal, but, it takes time to get used to.

in WvW

Joey.3928

Now I hope IoJ somehow finds its way back up the ranks. I’d like to get a chance to take a swing at that build :P

Let’s hope. Though it looks like we are dropping another tier after this week.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in WvW

Joey.3928

Why do you use Healing Spring if you’re not going to stay in the spring? Troll Unguent is by far the best ranger heal, but, it takes time to get used to.

I used to use troll. It is a great heal I agree. However, the condition removal and the combo field is better for me. The greatsword swoop is about a 2k heal for me. And I can do that twice before field is over.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger