Video on how to kill a Ranger in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Video:

Rangers are not that fearsome. Learn how to conquer them, even with the least mobile class! (no price for guessing which class that is)

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Never thought of Rangers being “Fearsome”. I find them the easiest to take down.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Pour some bleeds on them, most dont have active condi cleanse like Survival of the Fittest/Emphatic Bond.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Kinda flooding WvW forum with threads at this point… Did you just get Shadowplay or something? O.o

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I have to ask… What is with all these videos regularly posted? Wouldn’t it be better to consolidate into a single thread and regularly update it with new videos?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Seeing as there are lots of builds out there and the video shows 1 ranger getting killed, no offence but that tactic will not work on everyone. Even with players using the same build it still comes down to the players skill. If you can dodge pretty much every lethal attack and land all yours, you will win. It all comes down to player skills IMO. Will also point out that some builds will just counter another build.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

The problem with this video is no one runs condi necro unless roaming. The main necro complaints against rangers is when you run power necro because it’s the meta build and the build power ranger (their meta wvw build) can easily wreck. Condi builds counter power ranger so you should’ve won this.

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Posted by: iTB.1428

iTB.1428

first – that ranger was terribad
second – he was running bad setup (wrong pets, wrong 2nd weapon set, who knows what else …)

LB/GS Survival Ranger would destroy you with one finger in nose

I tb | Necro Raiders [NR]
Aurora Glade

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

first – that ranger was terribad
second – he was running bad setup (wrong pets, wrong 2nd weapon set, who knows what else …)

LB/GS Survival Ranger would destroy you with one finger in nose

oh no…that ranger wasn’t terribad…try fighting him yourself…
I saw him dueling a while back and he won all his duels against about 8 different players multiple times.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I agree the ranger knew what he did and the necro as well – seems to have learned :P ;)

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

I agree the ranger knew what he did and the necro as well – seems to have learned :P

<3

in WvW

Posted by: GaijinGuy.8476

GaijinGuy.8476

Should change the title to how to kill a LB ranger in WvW, not all of us use the LB (^_^)/

in WvW

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Not hating on the video, but that ranger wasn’t the best. He/she knew how to kite well but skill usage, pet management/choice, and build were all subpar at best. Running no condi removal on ranger is a death sentence. However, he/she was still better than 90% of rangers you will encounter so I would say this is good advice.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Ranger is fearsome because they can +1 burst you from 1500 range. This is even worse than thief/mesmer stealth gank.

How many times you are in middle a fight and a pewpew ranger comes. You realize you are in an open terrain and have nowhere to hide. Then pewpew comes and you die. The ranger walks away like a hero.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

So this is how you win, find a bad ranger that you can spite before he starts shooting. Even thoug you got 1200 range and the ranger have 1500. You had 220 HP on the lowest to. All this video came down to is pure luck.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Easy to beat a longbow ranger. I started running wall of reflection on my roaming medi Guardian just to watch these fools wreck themselves lol. Watch them press 2 then down themselves, its hilarious.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

What if he shot you in the face?

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Reflect that headshot, gg.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

EremiteAngel.9765

what do you guys think about LB rangers now? still as scary after the changes?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Probably even scarier, but now every longbow abuser use some other cancer build. Anet could check who started abuse burning after patch and ban all of these kitteners.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Probably even scarier, but now every longbow abuser use some other cancer build. Anet could check who started abuse burning after patch and ban all of these kitteners.

Rangers burning is mediocre unless you sit in our bonfire (which had its radius nerfed) or trap (which can no longer be thrown).

If you want to complain about something complain about all the professions that apply burning on auto attack.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Rangers burning is mediocre unless you sit in our bonfire (which had its radius nerfed) or trap (which can no longer be thrown).

If you want to complain about something complain about all the professions that apply burning on auto attack.

Well i think that most of these longbow rangers play guardian now anyways.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Well i think that most of these longbow rangers play guardian now anyways.

and all the roamers switched to mesmer (and engi before they disabled the broken grenades)

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: snarfrificus.4230

snarfrificus.4230

http://i.imgur.com/XY0dg3q.jpg

yes be very afraid of bearbows and underwater sharks!

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Sadly, Rangers are normally the easiest prey – even to other Rangers.

If you play a Ranger, you will find that you are normally targeted before all other classes, as most people assume you will be easiest to kill.

BTW, pretty sure running into the spiders killed him/her, in the end; not you.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

Rangers actually equip that heal and no condi cleanse? wow…

Just as an aside, how many times have you died to rangers compared to how many you managed to solo kill?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

If you play a Ranger, you will find that you are normally targeted before all other classes, as most people assume you will be easiest to kill.

I focus rangers first, not because they are easiest to kill, but because nobody likes to take a rapid fire to the back.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I focus rangers first, not because they are easiest to kill, but because nobody likes to take a rapid fire to the back.

That’s what dodge is for.

…and whether you don’t kill them first for that reason, or not, doesn’t change the fact that they normally are easiest to kill (once you are in range, obviously).

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth