Vistas not granting invulnerability

in WvW

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

As a last ditch effort to hold onto our keep I went up to a vista and waited till any enemy came to me. I then used the vista so it would make me invulnerable as I watched the cutscene. But it did not work. As I was watching the cutscene I saw my character knocked back off the top and died from falling. So…why wasn’t the invulnerability function working?

Certified Gameaholic

in WvW

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

“As a last ditch effort to hold onto our keep I went up to a vista and waited till any enemy came to me. I then used the vista so it would make me invulnerable…”

Maybe to keep people from using vistas in WvW to hold on to keeps by becoming invulnerable?

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It was never intended as such.

This is why you can see what’s happening around you when they show off the vista, lol.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I lol’d

in WvW

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

It was never intended as such.

This is why you can see what’s happening around you when they show off the vista, lol.

It used to work that when you viewed a vista in wvw it would make you invul until the cutscene was over. Now I guess not? It still does in PVE, I know that for sure.

Certified Gameaholic

in WvW

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i think you know that it was not intended that way in WvW and would be sort of an exploit there…

i dont blame you for trying… but how can you seriously ask in the forums about this being a bug?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m pretty sure that there was a mention long ago that invulnerability got removed in WvW to prevent that exact behaviour. You’re supposed to defend your keep, instead of using cheap tricks like that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I also lol’ed………

in WvW

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

As a last ditch effort to hold onto our keep I went up to a vista and waited till any enemy came to me. As I was watching the cutscene I saw my character knocked back off the top and died from falling.

Now that was freaking hilarious.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m not even sure how viewing a vista would prevent your keep from flipping.

in WvW

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Look at the bright side OP, you got to watch yourself get slaughtered in an epic, cinematic fashion.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

in WvW

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

Look at the bright side OP, you got to watch yourself get slaughtered in an epic, cinematic fashion.

In game AND on the forums!

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Oh snap that zerg is going to kill us……… Hurry to da vista!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Thanks for this. Still chuckling…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

I now want to view a cutscene with a zerg coming up from below, knocking my character into infinity. Internet, make this happen!

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

When you think you seen it all…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I now want to view a cutscene with a zerg coming up from below, knocking my character into infinity. Internet, make this happen!

Is there a vista high up enough that DOESN’T involve jumping and a zerg would actually go?

ABL gari might work, but you wouldn’t die from the interior vista and you might hit water from the other.

Sounds like a top priority map enhancement for the temporary WvW dev.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I really hope this post was meant as a joke…

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

As a last ditch effort to hold onto our keep I went up to a vista and waited till any enemy came to me. I then used the vista so it would make me invulnerable as I watched the cutscene. But it did not work. As I was watching the cutscene I saw my character knocked back off the top and died from falling. So…why wasn’t the invulnerability function working?

That’s called chicken kitten cheating…..

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It isn’t a bug…..
I have also reported a few other ways to get invulnerability in wvw, naturally, they are disabled.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Idk why WvW still have vistas anyway when the map completion is no longer a thing.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Idk why WvW still have vistas anyway when the map completion is no longer a thing.

Do like the southern desert bl ones. Especially when enemies has sieged south towers, quite funny to see location of each siege so countering becomes very easy.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Now if only the guy had been on the enemy side, ghosted through the outer wall exploit, leaped across to the inner wall using that bug/exploit, and THEN tried using the vista to keep the keep contested and be invuln, that would have been epic.

As it is, it’s just sad. Did make me laugh though.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Namer.9750

Namer.9750

Is there a vista high up enough that DOESN’T involve jumping and a zerg would actually go?

ABL gari might work, but you wouldn’t die from the interior vista and you might hit water from the other.

Sounds like a top priority map enhancement for the temporary WvW dev.

Blue EBG keep, most likely. It’s high enough to kill from the fall and the steps up to it are easy enough that the average player would be able to reach it if they have ‘Jump’ keybinded.