Vizuna -Deso-Elona 16/02 + GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Re re re matchup ^^

Lets not mention the unmentionable and keep it as clean as possible.

Many guilds on Deso are taking a break from the point game this week.

Looking forward for some good GvG with guilds from both servers. Feel free to send me a PM here or ingame to organize some nice fights. We would be honored to fight guilds like WL, MoS and Aegis amongst others ^^

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

GvG is an awesome idea! We on Elona Reach have many guilds who need more experience against the well coordinated guilds like KAZ in an even fight.
Think we can learn much from you and I am really looking forward for GvG.

How about the other guilds? IRON,FG,GH etc…
Let the tournament begin! :P

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Do it record it and i will watch it for sure. Eager to see how good this Golden Horde in an equal fight say a 25 vs 25 against Millenium Old School would be interesting to see for sure.

(edited by Cyril.1486)

in WvW

Kraken.7514

Im sure many guilds are eager for this so ill throw some ideas to organise it:

• All on the same day
  • Classic “behind south camp” in borderlands. If we are many it can be in different BL and switching but I would love to record it all so I hope we can do only on one BL
  • Best of out of 5 clashes
  • 20vs20
  • Day and hour to be decided, but this week.
  • I can make a post here and edit it, with the order of the clashes and the guilds involved. As im sure everyone wants to fight everyone we need to write it down somewhere.

Hope as tomorrow comes we can have some confirmation of the guilds that will like this and when they can attend.

As of KAZ, we can come any day of the week from 07:00pm GMT+1 onwards

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

i’d love to be a part of this as well, wanna see how IRON fares as well,

we will also be taking it easy this week.

in WvW

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

Good luck all for the week !

The GvG idea is awesome, and seriously, after having fought you KAZ guys on the red map tonight after reset, it confirms that (imo) KAZ is the best guild amongst our 3 servers. I hope the guilds from Grand Cross will hear your call for the GvG

Cheers from Vizunah.

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Im sure many guilds are eager for this so ill throw some ideas to organise it:

• All on the same day
  • Classic “behind south camp” in borderlands. If we are many it can be in different BL and switching but I would love to record it all so I hope we can do only on one BL
  • Best of out of 5 clashes
  • 20vs20
  • Day and hour to be decided, but this week.
  • I can make a post here and edit it, with the order of the clashes and the guilds involved. As im sure everyone wants to fight everyone we need to write it down somewhere.

Hope as tomorrow comes we can have some confirmation of the guilds that will like this and when they can attend.

As of KAZ, we can come any day of the week from 07:00pm GMT+1 onwards

You shouldn’t fight at the same time. The culling will be insane if you gather up so many people (spectators) and it will be a complete mess. Much better to simply let guilds organize it between themselves.

You should also disallow stacking (Bloodlust / Perception) so both sides are on even ground even after one or the other side has won.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

(edited by Intigo.1653)

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

IRON have a few GvG’s organised for Tuesday (Aegis, WL as I remember) but we’re looking for more guilds that are up for it, feel free to give me or hellmanxx.2906 a poke to get some more organised!

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

Kraken.7514

It is true that having everybody on the same map, although epic, is gonna be a lagfest and not to talk about problems due to culling etc. etc.

Pitty but Intigos suggestion is gonna have to pass through. Sometimes I have ideas I dont really think about ^^

We will have to organize it individually each guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Deso taking a break this week?

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Simple answer.. Yes… Playing to have fun this week. As mentioned in the first post

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in WvW

Genev.2450

Simple answer.. Yes… Playing to have fun this week. As mentioned in the first post

Playing to have fun still implies a presence in WvW… Earlier i logged on and out of 4 maps, i found 2 commanders, both herding puggies, no organised guilds :p

Guilds don’t Have to be in WvW ofc, i was simply curious

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Yea we are outmanned in 2 borderlands tonight and were also in the late afternoon, last night wasn’t quite the same organized start as last.
I think many of us are worn out me including me, I mean no offense to the other servers but it’s the same matchup 3 weeks in a row and also that big WvW update got delayed.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Playing to have fun still implies a presence in WvW… Earlier i logged on and out of 4 maps, i found 2 commanders, both herding puggies, no organised guilds :p

Guilds don’t Have to be in WvW ofc, i was simply curious

were quite a few IRON in EB this afternoon including myself – if you’ve noticed some naked asuras walking around Umber, that was us

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in WvW

Kraken.7514

We alredy got some GvG concerted with some of the guilds mentioned and some others that we didnt really know, seems its not gonna be a wasted and boring week after all.

We got plenty of tim, Keep em coming!

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Also i’m gonna use this week to farm a bit of gold! Since i have no brain nor gold to play with tp and my only way to farm gold was rich ori at Southsun which is taken away by Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Now if only the devs had thought of this 20 v 20 arena type battles (oh wait, didn’t we have 8v8 in guild wars- GUILD wars, there’s a thought!).

Given the different game dynamics 20v20 for guild battles on dedicated maps with capture points, guild bases etc and a inter server guild ranking system would be brilliant- I bet it would be popular and make for good viewing too!

Yoohoo! Devs! Wake up!

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

I am more of a PvE player myself and moved to Desolation recently for WvW reasons.
To get things done, I have joined a Team Speak server provided by one of the guilds. Nice of them
Now, the part when people follow crazy, repetitive, swearing and undecided “Commanders” is beyond me.
While on Team Speak, there was a Commander, my God, 3 out of 2 word were "kitten " and 2 out of 3 were “I kill you”. All this in the worst english I ever heard.
Joining a TS server is a very good way of doing things, but if some people think that 100 gold buys them something other than a blue sign above their name…

One more thing I do not understand:
I read that Desolation, in my case, does not win because too many players play PvE instead of WvW. thus not supporting the WvW players.
Then why on earth the queue? If there is a queue that means all participant spots are taken right? Meaning even teams right?
Or I am mistaken?

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

there should be no queue this week, there’s not many playing WvW this week.

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Genev.2450

Now, the part when people follow crazy, repetitive, swearing and undecided “Commanders” is beyond me.
While on Team Speak, there was a Commander, my God, 3 out of 2 word were "kitten " and 2 out of 3 were “I kill you”. All this in the worst english I ever heard.
Joining a TS server is a very good way of doing things, but if some people think that 100 gold buys them something other than a blue sign above their name…

That sounds entertaining, can you pm me who it was?

And some commanders are really good/fun to play with, i guess you just got unlucky

in WvW

salluks.6017

I am more of a PvE player myself and moved to Desolation recently for WvW reasons.
To get things done, I have joined a Team Speak server provided by one of the guilds. Nice of them

I read that Desolation, in my case, does not win because too many players play PvE instead of WvW. thus not supporting the WvW players.
Then why on earth the queue? If there is a queue that means all participant spots are taken right? Meaning even teams right?
Or I am mistaken?

well, Deso currently cannot beat only VS in enitre EU, and the que u talk of is only during EU primetime, try logging anytime outside those 4-6 hours and theres hardly anyboy there,
Also, this week we are not really playing WvW, so u might not even find que’s on primetime.
am curious too which commander is that.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Bout the queues, I was pretty surprised to face an enormous one (1h+) on EB yesterday, and mind you at 1am CET o.o

-

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

Nice 1 mate!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

That sounds entertaining, can you pm me who it was?

And some commanders are really good/fun to play with, i guess you just got unlucky

Sounds like Moorta to me. He’s a great commander who knows every inch of EBG as his own palm. As of passion and, well, swearing – you know, this is a war game, not a 5-o-clock tea party. People get emotionally involved in this thing. And he’s always friendly and patient with allies.
Regarding English – let me tell you, you did’t hear a bit of worst English ever if you think that Moorta’s is. This is international server and a lot of us are not native speakers. I understand Moorta pretty well and that’s all I need.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Or I am mistaken?

Maybe you should not be so judgemental if you are new to wvw, you may not realise that the commander actually does know what he is doing. And maybe that commander has done an amazing job for months prior to you joining Desolation.

Personally I dislike it when new people to the server start kittening and moaning after doing pretty much nothing for this server.

As for your last point, yes if only deso could gets its pve community involved like viz does at night and in the mornings we could actually compete with them.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Offski, it looks like this Moorta is your friend, being in the same guild and is cool to defend him. Thumbs up.
But defend him against what?
I was not “attacking” him.
Just stating the obvious.
Was not referring to his knowledge of the map, but merely to his way of talking, as in swearing and repeating himself to death.
Do you think if this was the army and had a Commander who talks like that, soldiers would look up to him?
Maybe you never served your country for real.
If you cannot understand that, by all means, defend him again.

in WvW

salluks.6017

Well if u think people dont look up to moorta. i cant even tell u how wrong u are.. He rallies the pugs and keeps eb under our control. He repeats often cos he has to.. Trust me its not easy to command pugs..and moorta is amazing at it.

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Yeah, repeating commands is an unfortunate necessity even in more or less organized groups. In a video game, you don’t have a luxury of commanding trained soldiers who listen and execute when you barely finished your sentence, as in real military.

As of your comment regarding “100g buys you nothing”, You can’t seriously suppose that IRON would allow unknown/untrusted people to be voice commanders on their TS. This should have had you at least pause for a second an consider that this person is probably recognised as good commander by community or IRON at the least.

I personally do not support swearing in any form, but I have no problems with it if it has limits (and if it’s not in my native language, I might add). I understand however that your limits may be stricter.

I don’t know if you was in TS when Moorta was discussing lost defence of SM, but he was basically saying “Please bring up anything that you think we did wrong or not optimal. I’m not interested in what we did well, because we need to improve.” This started a conversation about many aspects of WvW including voice communication and commands. Seems like it was a good moment for you to voice your concerns.

Moorta seems to be always open for suggestions, so why don’t you just bring it up next time you’re on TS with him? I even think that you might get considerable amount of support in this.

in WvW

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

As for your last point, yes if only deso could gets its pve WvW community involved like viz does at night and in the mornings we could actually compete with them.

Corrected for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Huggyos.9584

Huggyos.9584

Its true, hard to understand his voice first (I hardly understand many others too, Im not native also), but Im sure, he is one of the best our commander, not in just knowledge, his brilliant organization skills, but he is a funny and keen person who inspired us all the time. If you dont have any experience about him, dont criticize. Go and check how many player follow him, and think about it why…

We will Desolate!

in WvW

Genev.2450

Somebody who is new to wvw isn’t going to be too familiar with the commander system and the guilds active in wvw.
On the first server i played on there was a monster guild, known in pve as well due to their incessant recruitment spam, with a bunch of commanders… Did people follow them? Sure
Were they any good? Hahahahaha no.

It’s perfectly normal for him to question the commander system, or the commanders in charge, and it’s perfectly normal that person isn’t going to feel very comfortable approaching somebody who he’s only seen as swearing and stuff when that is something that person might nto be comfortable with.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Offski.4897

As for your last point, yes if only deso could gets its pve WvW community involved like viz does at night and in the mornings we could actually compete with them.

Corrected for you.

Haha just looking for an argument huh, person with no sig? Sadly our wvw community mostly works therefore it is impossible for them to play at those hours.

Offski

in WvW

Offski.4897

Offski, it looks like this Moorta is your friend, being in the same guild and is cool to defend him. Thumbs up.
But defend him against what?
I was not “attacking” him.
Just stating the obvious.
Was not referring to his knowledge of the map, but merely to his way of talking, as in swearing and repeating himself to death.
Do you think if this was the army and had a Commander who talks like that, soldiers would look up to him?
Maybe you never served your country for real.
If you cannot understand that, by all means, defend him again.

Deepcuts, from my point of view it was an attack, on someone the server has relied heavily upon, to provide some control of the random players.

Commanding can be very hard and demanding, let alone doing it with random people, yet he has done this successfully for months.

Let me quote you, you called him “undecided” and then went on to say “Joining a TS server is a very good way of doing things, but if some people think that 100 gold buys them something other than a blue sign above their name…” If that is not derogatory I dont know what is?

If you did not like his commanding style or his accent or his use of swear words, there was no need to come on here and start flaming, you could of just stopped using the teamspeak.

Offski

in WvW

Genev.2450

You would think that a longtime commander of a server which has been all over the place has thicker skin than that….

Protip: You won’t get people into WvW by attacking them when they question something/someone they’re not familiar with.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

Posted by: Desiderius.7259

Desiderius.7259

Lots of fun yesterday evening on deso-bl. Unforgettable 40+ Sneak-Attack on the Garrison, while deso-zerg was camping the ice worm.

Guardian / Ele / Thief / Mesmer
E Q U I N O X [EqnX] – Elona Reach [DE]

in WvW

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Lots of fun yesterday evening on deso-bl. Unforgettable 40+ Sneak-Attack on the Garrison, while deso-zerg was camping the ice worm.

Ya, nice fights on both sides! As you may have seen we do it karmatrain style this week with minimal upgrading and zero scouts Glad you had your fun too, so did we!

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

You would think that a longtime commander of a server which has been all over the place has thicker skin than that….

Protip: You won’t get people into WvW by attacking them when they question something/someone they’re not familiar with.

Swearing around and insulting people directly isn’t the same.

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

protip:
If you are a new player to a server or wvw infact even if your a seasoned campaigner don`t just jump on the official forums to question a commanders abilities/methods .
There are plenty of other ways guild forums server forums ingame etc

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

(edited by spanky.4630)

in WvW

Genev.2450

I don’t know, I always figured it’s better to question and get clarification, than be stuck with a bad impression and have no urge to play because of this, losing out on something which could potentially be amazing fun.

On the official forums he’s also going to get more viewpoints, there’s a higher likelihood of being attacked on guild forums, and new people often are unaware of server forums because, hey, they’re new. And ingame… It’s perfectly normal somebody wouldnt feel comfortable approaching somebody he got a bad first impression of.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

salluks.6017

he didnt even question the commander, he outright complained and insulted his english.
ofcourse people will be kitten

btw genev, Moorta is more capable and has done more for Deso than the entire 1500 man pve guild did for their 3 servers.

in WvW

Genev.2450

Good for him, I don’t like EB and I heard he’s an EB commander /shrug
And that’s not an insult towards anyone, just a complete lack of interest

One of the reason i’m causing trouble really is because i feel everybody (especially IRON) is being so aggressive for no good reason lately, look at the locked matchup thread, and i’ve seen other instances, both on the forums and ingame.

in WvW

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

One of the reason i’m causing trouble really is because i feel everybody (especially IRON) is being so aggressive for no good reason lately, look at the locked matchup thread, and i’ve seen other instances, both on the forums and ingame.

That’s because their leader is awesome, that IRON is the best WvW guild and they hold Desolation on top by themselves. So they can be aggressive and condescending, even with their own server. Don’t try them, you fool!

in WvW

Kraken.7514

Moorta is a very good and experienced commander. Hes the king of EB, and im sure many servers would like to have someone like that, that knows how to lead pugs without his guildies by his side, knows the map perfectly and holds it with all the pugs for the server.

About his style I cant really say, just that every single time hes asked me for help in the night on his map his been really educated and fun, making us come to his call every single time he asks.

To the new guy, there are plenty of commanders in Deso, we dont all have the same style, Im sure you can find a bunch of commanders with whom you feel comfortable following.

About IRON… They are not Deso, but imo, they are the MAIN REASON Deso is where it is.

in WvW

salluks.6017

quite honestly, Moorta has the largest following for a PUG commander and IRON is never by his side, simply cos we dont prefer to play on EB atall, and Moorta is a EB commander, and hence always runs with pugs instead. If u dont like him, just dont run with him or join his TS channel, Its that simple, there are many guilds who use the TS, including KAZ,DsD etc, and ur welcome to run with them.

u are welcome to contribute in anyway if u choose to do so, but please dont undermine someone else’s effort especially cos U dont like it.

(edited by salluks.6017)

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

If it offends you that much, change server…..Job done

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Genev.2450

If it offends you that much, change server

/snort
Offended? Hardly.
Takes a bit more than messed up attitudes to offend me, unlike many other people in this thread clearly.

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

I propose a change in thread title to Moorta is Awesome.. – Discuss since it is by far the most interesting topic i have seen in weeks

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in WvW

Yaro.3251

Touche.

Since Deso takes a week off of points game however, there’s not much else to discuss.

in WvW

Posted by: Eowynna.1879

Eowynna.1879

@ Vizuna-guild War Legend [WL]

I think it is unfortunate that you got attacked by some of our Deso players while you wanted to finish your event in style (lining up in front of our entrance and salute).

To the more experienced WvW players it was clear what your intentions were, and it was told on TS not to attack you, but there are always some less experienced folk (and not on TS) didn’t understand.

Respect to you.

Eowynna – Elementalist.
The Iron Triangle [IRON] – Desolation (EU)

(edited by Eowynna.1879)

in WvW

Posted by: Raege.1069

Raege.1069

Thread needs to be renamed IRON vs new guy :P