Vote for arrow to commander

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Sometimes in the heat of things, my squad tag just flies out of screen. Left and right has no meaning after I pan my viewcam and sometimes I jump into 1v blob because of lost direction. Pls put a tiny arrow to show the direction of the squad commander!

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Sounds like the server is trying to correct the clients for your interpolated position, due to either packet loss, or high latency.

As such, showing an arrow where the commander is going would accomplish nothing, because the direction you’re jumping to is effectively “where you’re going” to the client.

Clients get data on your position & direction, interpolate from there, and then if they don’t get the next update they expect, things get a bit screwy.

An arrow would also be screwy, just like your position is.

The best they could do is try to rework their calculations and smooth out the teleporting & jumps a bit more.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

You are thinking too much hun. The tag flew out of my screen not because of lag but just with normal movement and movement skills.

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

You are thinking too much hun. The tag flew out of my screen not because of lag but just with normal movement and movement skills.

Oh I get what you’re saying.

Sorry, I’m so used to dealing with a guy from Australia as a commander that I thought you meant lag.

Yeah, an optional arrow to show the direction to the tag wouldn’t be that bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Or how about a physical leash linking your commander and you that he can pull on to get you back to the zerg when you loose focus and go after a squirrel or whatever?

I think it would be a great new commander feature. The upgraded version would have little button that reel in the leash instead of just pulling it.

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

Or how about a physical leash linking your commander and you that he can pull on to get you back to the zerg when you loose focus and go after a squirrel or whatever?

I think it would be a great new commander feature. The upgraded version would have little button that reel in the leash instead of just pulling it.

I know you’re probably joking but at least you’re on the right track. Comon, tell me you have never gotten frustrated at a asura commander before

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Comon, tell me you have never gotten frustrated at a asura commander before

As someone playing only Asura and command from time to time, my opinion on that matter is neutral.

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

This is the the greatest degradation of skilled play I’ve seen suggested on the forums.

in WvW

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

This is the the greatest degradation of skilled play I’ve seen suggested on the forums.

I don’t know that an arrow would really change the skill level any more than the actual, you know, large dorito you end up following anyway.

That bus kind of already came and went.

in WvW

Roxanne.6140

This is in fact a fairness-promoting, inclusionist act much like installing a ramp up beside the staircase for wheel-chair bound people because it helps those who are not as well-endowed with vision. Also for the tired eyes

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

I wouldnt mind that. Kinda like “quest markers” would move to the side of your screen when not facing them. Would have to be available only if you’re in squad with that commander though, cause i dont want 5 doritos all over my screen.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

In mario kart, a flying cloud came to tell you if you were going the wrong way.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)