Vote to Delete Servers!! Make new Worlds!

in WvW

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

You cannot have actual population balance in a game mode that is based on having 24/7 matches, it is not hard to understand.
…..
There will always be imbalance because it is the nature of this content, plain and simple.

I would love for a Dev to clarify here. Is the below picture what we should always expect and satisfy ourselves with? Is this the best that ANet plans to do for WvW going forward, as Serenity has stated above, and Raymond may have intimated here:

At this time we do not have a solution that we feel solves enough of the issues with population balance while also hitting enough of our requirements for a change to be made.

At some time, you have to stop driving on that flat tire and change it, or it creates even more problems. Fixing the flat tire with a spare tire may not be the ‘best of the best’ of tire solutions, but at least it gets you back on the road, moving toward a next step – new or repaired tire. Not fixing it puts you out, on the side of the road, with no way to move forward.

It appears that you are telling us we’ll be driving on this crummy spare tire until….? Cause, by the looks of things, the tire isn’t holding up very well and the road is pretty potholed and bumpy.

The scores ALONE should be telling the devs that WvW is in dire condition and that many servers are being devastated by three, four, and five times their numbers at all times of the day and night.

Scores are not accurate enough to determine population. Some servers will intentionally tank for whatever reason, it does not mean their population is low, but if you only use scores as a basis for determining population you might think it is.

Scores determining population was not the point.

Scores indicating, visually, easily, objectively that there is a serious malfunction in WvW that hasn’t been addressed, is what the comment was about.

It should be easy for anyone to look at the score variance in this week’s T1 matchup – a mere 4 days into the week (first image below) – and see that things are entirely out of control and out of balance. Notice also that one server has total coverage, around the clock, every day.

It is even more telling when you look at this same scenario played out over months as shown in the historical matchups (second image below).

Yet this behemoth server was opened in June for more guilds and more people to transfer on to it. Why? We don’t have an answer for that question.

It certainly appears that this server was not, in any possible stretch of the imagination, in need of more population or coverage. So, I for one, am incredibly interested to know what data we don’t have, that Anet has that convinced them that BG needed to be opened for even more players to move there.

I’d like to understand what could possibly be preventing a correction to the out of balance population problems, while at the same time NOT preventing decisions that make it worse.

We have been told we haven’t suggested the right solution. Well, then I continue to ask….what is the plan? How long will these already long-term, incredibly out of balance, unfair and non-competitive situations continue?

This has been explained to you multiple times in multiple threads and you seem to keep ignoring the answers. You keep asking for clarity but then go on to throw out statements that are not based on facts but rather opinion…basically this server did not need to be open because etc etc.

Once again, servers are opened when they fall below a certain threshold that Anet has set for ALL servers, whether or not you like or agree with it is irrelevant, as it is a different issue. You do not have the statistics that the devs do but you continue to push this narrative that X server should not have been opened but then ask for clarity, it does not work that way. We already know the basics of how it works, but the devs cannot and will not give us all the details, nor should they. Now please stop beating a dead horse.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

now i get it,

either the design team is not competent enough or the programmings lack of manpower

thanks for the hint Raymond

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

You cannot have actual population balance in a game mode that is based on having 24/7 matches, it is not hard to understand.
…..
There will always be imbalance because it is the nature of this content, plain and simple.

I would love for a Dev to clarify here. Is the below picture what we should always expect and satisfy ourselves with? Is this the best that ANet plans to do for WvW going forward, as Serenity has stated above, and Raymond may have intimated here:

At this time we do not have a solution that we feel solves enough of the issues with population balance while also hitting enough of our requirements for a change to be made.

At some time, you have to stop driving on that flat tire and change it, or it creates even more problems. Fixing the flat tire with a spare tire may not be the ‘best of the best’ of tire solutions, but at least it gets you back on the road, moving toward a next step – new or repaired tire. Not fixing it puts you out, on the side of the road, with no way to move forward.

It appears that you are telling us we’ll be driving on this crummy spare tire until….? Cause, by the looks of things, the tire isn’t holding up very well and the road is pretty potholed and bumpy.

The scores ALONE should be telling the devs that WvW is in dire condition and that many servers are being devastated by three, four, and five times their numbers at all times of the day and night.

Scores are not accurate enough to determine population. Some servers will intentionally tank for whatever reason, it does not mean their population is low, but if you only use scores as a basis for determining population you might think it is.

Scores determining population was not the point.

Scores indicating, visually, easily, objectively that there is a serious malfunction in WvW that hasn’t been addressed, is what the comment was about.

It should be easy for anyone to look at the score variance in this week’s T1 matchup – a mere 4 days into the week (first image below) – and see that things are entirely out of control and out of balance. Notice also that one server has total coverage, around the clock, every day.

It is even more telling when you look at this same scenario played out over months as shown in the historical matchups (second image below).

Yet this behemoth server was opened in June for more guilds and more people to transfer on to it. Why? We don’t have an answer for that question.

It certainly appears that this server was not, in any possible stretch of the imagination, in need of more population or coverage. So, I for one, am incredibly interested to know what data we don’t have, that Anet has that convinced them that BG needed to be opened for even more players to move there.

I’d like to understand what could possibly be preventing a correction to the out of balance population problems, while at the same time NOT preventing decisions that make it worse.

We have been told we haven’t suggested the right solution. Well, then I continue to ask….what is the plan? How long will these already long-term, incredibly out of balance, unfair and non-competitive situations continue?

This has been explained to you multiple times in multiple threads and you seem to keep ignoring the answers. You keep asking for clarity but then go on to throw out statements that are not based on facts but rather opinion…basically this server did not need to be open because etc etc.

Once again, servers are opened when they fall below a certain threshold that Anet has set for ALL servers, whether or not you like or agree with it is irrelevant, as it is a different issue. You do not have the statistics that the devs do but you continue to push this narrative that X server should not have been opened but then ask for clarity, it does not work that way. We already know the basics of how it works, but the devs cannot and will not give us all the details, nor should they. Now please stop beating a dead horse.

You do remember that the population algorithm Anet uses was changed after many complaints about locked and full servers being outnumbered in matches week after week after week.

We don’t have to know the internal numbers to see that there is still a problem of population in WvW. We also know that in a few weeks when the xpac comes out that the problem will get worse.

The WvW population imbalance horse is far from dead. I think it’s an undead horse.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Swamurabi.7890 at least while the problem persists they can say “we are working on wvw”

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

Anet said last year that the players would drive the direction of WvW, but frankly we don’t have the tools or perspective to do so properly. And the WvW polls stopped awhile ago.

I too think that Anet needs to decide on a direction for WvW, and let the playerbase know what that direction will be.

Annnnd this is where i get very obtuse about ANet awfull quality….

I think ANet meant with that as to making players able to choose to start ktrain from left or right and wich bl to move to ktrain faster.
Doesn’t it feel pro gamming man??
Doesn’t that makes you feel stay n’ far and avoid other games cause your gut at pvd?
Isnt what what most gw2 player just want…???

The direction they gave were links and servers to avoid working on some real fix solutions for long term if not forever.

They even failled on guild system and guildhalls, dont expect anything more complex than guilds halls to work on this game…. if they even failled on those…

Gw2 the most stacked game of useless content…..

Tl;dr. Type from your phone it’s auto correct might make that wall of text readable.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

What are major issues with current WvW servers now
  • WvW Populations vs Base Populations

What can we do to solve the issues?

• Deleting all servers
  • Remaking the worlds while cutting down the number of worlds

As I said above we love the discussions and suggestions you guys have for WvW this particular problem is tricky as you guys don’t have all the details we are working from. A lot of the ideas we’ve seen have been well thought out and detailed they fall short because you guys are working from a limited perspective and not solving the whole issue.

Unfortunately we cannot give you all the details. It’s as simple as that. I’m not trying to be mean but there are details of the game and the studio we cannot share with players. Though… If you are really passionate about this problem we’re always looking for good people to join the team https://www.arena.net/#careers.

Totally understand ArenaNet’s point of view.

When a Developer says players do not have all the information, he/she probably means more than WvW.

Just think, with the introduction of Pip for WvW and the PoF expansion coming, there are a lot to focus on.

Join AneraNet

to truly understand the challenges and contribute.

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Undo the links.

Undo the Megaserver.

Give us back our communities.

Give us back tournaments.

WvW, fixed.

Without megaserver pve would be a ghost town for most servers on all but the newest or most wealth producing maps. Communities, as they were and are in wvw, never existed in open world pve to begin with. There is no “world” chat.
Tournaments steer the flow of ppt even further towards the servers with higher population, better off-hour coverage and only serve to burn people out and cause drama.
Without links many servers are basically dead on most of the maps, and all servers have fewer opponents to fight.

How are any of those things a good idea?

~ Kovu

:(

The fact that players suggest tournaments would be a saving grace for WvW merely proves Raymond’s point that they lack crucial understanding of the game’s data. By ANET’s own admission, in this case, tournaments caused permanent burn out of many players that participated. Which even I could have predicted considering victory is by who plays longer…

I suspect in this case deleting servers just isn’t viable for this business especially considering the game is 5 years old now. It may awaken sleeper accounts, but it may not generate new players. It would be even worse if 1v1v1 and 24/7 persistence is kept after such deletion. Which are two variables that lead to poor game play (back capping emptiness, and coverage wars). At the end of the day, posting ideas on a forum is going to be far easier than executing the idea itself.

https://youtu.be/JKgEsuEBhqI?t=621

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I vote blackgate for deletion.

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

snipped for 6k limit

I continue to refer to the opening of Blackgate in June as an example of how NOT fixing the population imbalance ‘system’ has resulted in problematic decisions to open servers and make worse the overall problem.

I acknowledge that I have read and understand the explanation for how the algorithm is being used to open servers for more transfers to move on. It is precisely because of the way population measuring and balancing is being done, that the situation in image 1 (below) now exists. This we can see without the internal ANet data.

I have also attached results for the T4 matchups for the past two weeks (second & third images below), reflecting the same kind of imbalance that is a result of the linked alliances, where a Host server with two link servers, has dominated their matchup opposing the two Hosts with only one link. These demonstrate how the current link system and underlying population control algorithm are insufficient to the task.

I have yet to see anyone refute the point that these are imbalances that make matchups insurmountable and uncompetitive.

They result from the algorithm that you accuse me of ignoring. I am not ignoring the algorithm. I am examining the matchups that have resulted from its use and making a case that we are not experiencing a WvW as intended, precisely because of the way populations are being balanced, currently.

However, at the end of the text you quoted, I summarized again the logical questions that remain after also acknowledging that ANet has told us we don’t know enough to suggest solutions to them.

I will restate my focus questions so that they do not get lost in other arguments:

These questions remain: What is the plan for balancing populations and matchups in WvW? How long, how many more weeks does ANet have planned for us to endure these already long-term, incredibly out of balance, unfair and non-competitive matchups? When will WvW be fair for all?

Attachments:

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

I think that the real problem with WvW population is that the players want and expect a competitive match week after week and day after day but that is not high enough on Anet’s Wvw manifesto.

Thought I made a typo but in T1 and T4 it’s not WvWvW, it’s more like Wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The real problem is the gameplay is broken since the pre-hot changes.

It wasn’t just about server population back then. A well coordinated guild of 15 could take out a pug blob of 40, because skillful play mattered.

Now everyone just spam their kitten and win no matter how terrible they are, simply because they have more players.

It frustrated the best players, and they left with their GvG guilds buddies. What was left were the players who mostly cares about rewards instead of the fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

As long as your ok with your world being deleted and made into a new one sure but if your just asking others to bare this burden then no.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

As long as your ok with your world being deleted and made into a new one sure but if your just asking others to bare this burden then no.

It is really triggering when people just stroll into the thread, read the topic title and post a comment that already clarified in the posts.

I think that the real problem with WvW population is that the players want and expect a competitive match week after week and day after day but that is not high enough on Anet’s Wvw manifesto.

Nah, competitive is subjective. In a large scale pvp mode, what people really wants or what I really want is to have the “feeling” that there are chances to grow to be comparable and currently, any servers that grow will just hit the threshold and still not able compete with servers that far exceed that threshold.

Also, pof is coming, I feel like pirateship meta is making its return with all the boonstripping.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

At the end of the day if your of a mind to do something you must be willing to take own the burden your self. Its a lot your asking for a lot of ppl. This is not a question of the fine points of your ideal.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Pensadora.9478

Yep and lol to the Wvwvw.

in WvW

Pensadora.9478

I am no longer asking for worlds to be deleted, as ANet has told us this will not meet their requirements for a change to balance WvW population (save you that troublesome task of reading the thoughtful discussions that preceded your post).

I will point out, however, that whether or not you see it now, and ask for these problems to be fixed, they ARE coming to a neighborhood near you. There is no escape – except on one server in T1.

No world is immune. T1 and T4 seeing it long-term now. It will eventually spread. Left unfixed, it is just a matter of time and the “Luck of the Link” or “Links” , if you’re lucky enough to get two.

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Asking Anet to delete WvW servers is nothing else than asking Anet to delete the communities that have been forged over the past years. This is the closest possible thing I can image to asking the game mode to commit suicide.

My 2 copper.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

At the end of the day if your of a mind to do something you must be willing to take own the burden your self. Its a lot your asking for a lot of ppl. This is not a question of the fine points of your ideal.

You were going along the line of “you need to be prepared to be shot if you want shoot others”. It is just a passerby philosophy comment which pretty much pointless and I can also ignore but still annoying to me because this vague comment can be misleading to people that don’t read.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Pensadora.9478

I think that many players just want a sense that what they are doing matters, or could matter and doesn’t come down to whether or not they are paired against a server which already owns the win 15 minutes after reset on Friday, with an advantage provided them due to population imbalance – not skill or effort, and/or by the “Luck of the Link(s)” – not skill or effort – which is maintained for 2 months by a ‘system’ that doesn’t adjust when material shifts in population occur.

WvWvW not LUCK+World vwvw, not POP+World vwvw

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Asking Anet to delete WvW servers is nothing else than asking Anet to delete the communities that have been forged over the past years. This is the closest possible thing I can image to asking the game mode to commit suicide.

My 2 copper.

~MRA

No its not …. the comunities are still there… ANet wont delete the players…

comunities branding and merging =/= player and comunities removal

See it as merging 2 almost empty rooms of students into a new room, those groups now have the chance to create new bonds to a bigger group…while mantaining its original members.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

It’s not a player created problem, it’s an Anet created problem, and it’s a problem centered almost exclusively around BG, and to a lesser extent JQ. Anet never should have opened these servers up. I’ve seen a good chunk of others servers field similar active numbers whereas the fights are relatively even. The problem arises when other servers end up in T1 showing the true issue of the population disparity. No server can field the same numbers as JQ, and JQ themselves can’t field the numbers against BG.

Honestly, the best possible case scenario at this point is to drastically lower the population on each map.. like literally cut them by 50%. It won’t affect any other server that much, but it will hit the top 2 quite hard. Send their map ques through the roof so they sit for 2-4 hours in a que. At some point if they hope to play regularly, they’ll need to move. It might even help diminishing the ongoing lag issue as well.

This is really the most practical answer. Solves lag issues, keeps transfer revenue for Anet and provides players with a more balanced set of matches at primetime
What it won’t address is off hours imbalance, the communities driving score disparity are simply too small to ever be dispersed across all matches.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My 2 copper.

~MRA

Well we need new game mode because this casual mess doesn’t work.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Serenity.6135

snipped for 6k limit

I continue to refer to the opening of Blackgate in June as an example of how NOT fixing the population imbalance ‘system’ has resulted in problematic decisions to open servers and make worse the overall problem.

I acknowledge that I have read and understand the explanation for how the algorithm is being used to open servers for more transfers to move on. It is precisely because of the way population measuring and balancing is being done, that the situation in image 1 (below) now exists. This we can see without the internal ANet data.

The rules are the same for all servers. How is Anet supposed to know how many people will transfer to a server, are the devs psychics? Now, you were on HoD which was also closed for some time, and recently opened up correct? If there were mass transfers to HoD which completely threw off the matchups would you still be saying the same thing?

Once again, Anet devs are not psychic, the rules are the same for ALL servers, and we will not be given all the data that they have and use.

in WvW

Posted by: Magni.2835

Magni.2835

An idea to help maintain server populations is to take accounts that haven’t contributed to pop data for a time, say 2 months for example, and disassociate them from their wvw server.

Send them an in game mail explaining that they have been removed from their server due to inactivity and have them join one of the lowest population servers before going into wvw again.

This will help maintain an accurate measure of a server’s population. It will help keep wild fluctuations in population in check from major content releases.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

An idea to help maintain server populations is to take accounts that haven’t contributed to pop data for a time, say 2 months for example, and disassociate them from their wvw server.

Send them an in game mail explaining that they have been removed from their server due to inactivity and have them join one of the lowest population servers before going into wvw again.

This will help maintain an accurate measure of a server’s population. It will help keep wild fluctuations in population in check from major content releases.

This is not a proper solution, it might sound good in theory for some but try imagining if it was actually implemented. People take breaks for a variety of reasons and I always see players saying how they are coming back to the game.

Now do you really want a bunch of people suddenly finding out that on returning they are no longer able to play with their old friends and guilds? And have to restart on a new server because it might be easier for data calculation…um no it does not work like that.

in WvW

Magni.2835

This is not a proper solution, it might sound good in theory for some but try imagining if it was actually implemented. People take breaks for a variety of reasons and I always see players saying how they are coming back to the game.

Now do you really want a bunch of people suddenly finding out that on returning they are no longer able to play with their old friends and guilds? And have to restart on a new server because it might be easier for data calculation…um no it does not work like that.

I think it is a reasonable thing to ask. If a player doesn’t want to contribute to a game for a long period time, who are they to assume that everything will be just as they left it? Should we cut of our nose to spite our face just because someone may or may not come back to the game after and extended period of time?

(edited by Magni.2835)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

It also would prevent hibernation to unlock servers.

I am for a 4-6 week window. If you take a 1-2 month break, then maybe you need to be moved. Less than 4 weeks effects vacations, school breaks, etc. more than 6 weeks, is just people not supporting the game mode.

I would definitely favor this before kicking everybody including active people in their communities.

And inactive to me, only includes time in WvW. Logging in for PvE or sPvP wouldn’t count.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

I am for a 4-6 week window. If you take a 1-2 month break, then maybe you need to be moved. Less than 4 weeks effects vacations, school breaks, etc. more than 6 weeks, is just people not supporting the game mode.

I would definitely favor this before kicking everybody including active people in their communities.

And inactive to me, only includes time in WvW. Logging in for PvE or sPvP wouldn’t count.

I think some people seem to forget at times that this is a game…Trying to dictate how long a person stays active in a game with made up timetables is over the top and absurd.

in WvW

Magni.2835

I think some people seem to forget at times that this is a game…Trying to dictate how long a person stays active in a game is over the top and absurd.

So you’re against kicking people out of WvW for being afk?

in WvW

Serenity.6135

I think some people seem to forget at times that this is a game…Trying to dictate how long a person stays active in a game is over the top and absurd.

You can already be kicked out of wvw for being AFK, it is not the same thing as being thrown off the server. To compare the two is illogical. It would be like getting kicked off your server for going to the bathroom or answering the phone.

in WvW

Magni.2835

You can already be kicked out of wvw for being AFK, it is not the same thing as being thrown off the server. To compare the two illogical.

Not really. I’d argue it’s in the same spirit. If I need to go away from the keyboard and get kicked out I don’t throw a temper tantrum that my entitlements have been revoked. If I were to not play the game for months I would have the same reaction to not being on the same server. If my “community” and “guild” mattered that much I probably wouldn’t have gone so long without playing.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

You can already be kicked out of wvw for being AFK, it is not the same thing as being thrown off the server. To compare the two illogical.

Not really. I’d argue it’s in the same spirit. If I need to go away from the keyboard and get kicked out I don’t throw a temper tantrum that my entitlements have been revoked. If I were to not play the game for months I would have the same reaction to not being on the same server. If my “community” and “guild” mattered that much I probably wouldn’t have gone so long without playing.

Sure. If anet forced you off your server and the reason they gave you was…we had to do it for data purposes. I bet you would make your own thread with a TLDR section.

Try to look at it the way a dev would. They look at the entire playerbase, not just you or me. People have lives, some may be able to play 12 hours a day but that does not mean everyone can.

in WvW

Magni.2835

Sure. If anet forced you off your server and the reason they gave you was…we had to do it for data purposes. I bet you would make your own thread with a TLDR section.

Try to look at it the way a dev would. They look at the entire playerbase, not just you or me. People have lives, some may be able to play 12 hours a day but that does not mean everyone can.

What I’m saying is that people who don’t do anything at all in wvw for months on end should be assumed to have moved on and deselected from a server. Not sure how this matters to people who play every day or even once a week. Heck, someone who plays once a month is well beyond having to worry about this.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

What I’m saying is that people who don’t do anything at all in wvw for months on end should be assumed to have moved on and deselected from a server. Not sure how this matters to people who play every day or even once a week. Heck, someone who plays once a month is well beyond having to worry about this.

So if a person is not doing what you think they should they need to be punished? I say again, having players dictate what others should be doing with their time and coming up with ridiculous timetables is absurd and will do nothing to improve things.

in WvW

Magni.2835

So if a person is not doing what you think they should they need to be punished? I say again, having players dictate what others should be doing with their time and coming up with ridiculous timetables is absurd and will do nothing to improve things.

Who cares what they are doing with their time if they aren’t even playing this game?

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Who cares what they are doing with their time if they aren’t even playing this game?

Did not say you should care, I said they should not be punished for not be glued to their computers playing a game every day.

in WvW

Magni.2835

Did not say you should care, I said they should not be punished for not be glued to their computers playing a game every day.

ONCE.
IN.
TWO.
MONTHS.

is what I said

in WvW

Serenity.6135

ONCE.
IN.
TWO.
MONTHS.

is what I said

Made up timetables are absurd, is what I said.

Furthermore, why not 1 month, or 1 week? Same idea right?

Penalizing players for not playing is a good way to keep them away.

(edited by Serenity.6135)

in WvW

Magni.2835

ONCE.
IN.
TWO.
MONTHS.

is what I said

Made up timetables are absurd, is what I said.

Furthermore, why not 1 month, or 1 week? Same idea right?

Penalizing players for not playing is a good way to keep them away.

How is it a penalty? If I leave a restaurant at lunch I don’t assume my table is free for me at dinner.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

now i get it,

either the design team is not competent enough or the programmings lack of manpower

thanks for the hint Raymond

Or us nasty wvwers have scared off yet another dev.

Be nice people.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Just curious, what would you do to destack unlinked and locked BG (57-0-0) in this matchup so that they have a similar population of DB linked with Kaineng and DH?

What would you do to unlinked and locked JQ to force them to destack down to DB population?

DB (0-16-42) is the number four server and is no where close to being competitive.

Do you really think that BG’s “community” is so sacred that it is more important than the game experience of every other server in NA?

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Just curious, what would you do to destack unlinked and locked BG (57-0-0) in this matchup so that they have a similar population of DB linked with Kaineng and DH?

What would you do to unlinked and locked JQ to force them to destack down to DB population?

DB (0-16-42) is the number four server and is no where close to being competitive.

Do you really think that BG’s “community” is so sacred that it is more important than the game experience of every other server in NA?

This: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Elastic-servers/first#post6703028

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

The rules are the same for all servers. How is Anet supposed to know how many people will transfer to a server, are the devs psychics? Now, you were on HoD which was also closed for some time, and recently opened up correct? If there were mass transfers to HoD which completely threw off the matchups would you still be saying the same thing?

Once again, Anet devs are not psychic, the rules are the same for ALL servers, and we will not be given all the data that they have and use.

The rules are the same but the foundation isn’t the same. The rules do not account for the different foundations therefore the rules are a failure.

Why some servers can queue 4 maps while some don’t despite both being full? Devs already did mention the threshold is fixed and just because it is fixed doesn’t mean you cannot exceed that threshold due to having massive foundation, it isn’t rocket science, it isn’t difficult math.

I think some people seem to forget at times that this is a game…Trying to dictate how long a person stays active in a game with made up timetables is over the top and absurd.

If this is just a game to you, then why do you feel emotional bothered about how system dictate you? If system dictating is you is so bothering, why aren’t you bothered about being kicked from the guild for being inactive? Why aren’t you bothered about being for being afking aka still inactive? There is no philosophy differences here, you are being kick for being inactive. I find your reasoning illogical or able to be sympathy about it, basically uncomprehending.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

I certainly wouldn’t have created posts for one up, one down. Without that, this situation wouldn’t happen. Ask other servers who now can willingly move down tiers to get favorable matchups for KDR.

And not created posts to delete servers.

Remove hibernating accounts. Make them free agents after more than _ (fill in the blank) weeks/months. And make the activity as it applies to the mode. So, inactive in WvW for more than that period of time, your server affiliation is removed until you attempt to log back into WvW.

It’s not perfect, but would minimize hibernation issues.

And of course, it could be gamed.

But targeting only one server is not the answer either.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

The rules are the same but the foundation isn’t the same. The rules do not account for the different foundations therefore the rules are a failure.

Why some servers can queue 4 maps while some don’t despite both being full? Devs already did mention the threshold is fixed and just because it is fixed doesn’t mean you cannot exceed that threshold due to having massive foundation, it isn’t rocket science, it isn’t difficult math.

If this is just a game to you, then why do you feel emotional bothered about how system dictate you? If system dictating is you is so bothering, why aren’t you bothered about being kicked from the guild for being inactive? Why aren’t you bothered about being for being afking aka still inactive? There is no philosophy differences here, you are being kick for being inactive. I find your reasoning illogical or able to be sympathy about it, basically uncomprehending.

Wait, so this is not just a game to you? Clearly it’s not me who is emotionally bothered. I believe players should be free to play however they want, whenever. You seem to think that players who don’t play X content for X amount of time need to be penalized because it does not benefit you. Throwing out straw man arguments based on emotion and little consideration of how it would affect others does not help your case.

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Hey guys, you do know that BG population outnumbers all hence this discussion is unbalanced. It’s a Wvwvw out there

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Why not at some point go over World vs. World and rather make it a Faction vs. Faction system where players sign up with factions such as the Kurzick, Luxons and a third faction, and the server portion of WvW is phased out? Will there be potential landslides, yes; but that’s already happening.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Why not at some point go over World vs. World and rather make it a Faction vs. Faction system where players sign up with factions such as the Kurzick, Luxons and a third faction, and the server portion of WvW is phased out? Will there be potential landslides, yes; but that’s already happening.

Dear god, no.

You already have that. It’s called EoTM.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

Hey guys, you do know that BG population outnumbers all hence this discussion is unbalanced. It’s a Wvwvw out there

I wonder why all the servers that hate BG so much don’t join forces to only work against them.

Instead there are only more rumors of large guilds asking BG for gold to allow them to move to BG…

Kind of puzzling actually.

in WvW

Serenity.6135

Why not at some point go over World vs. World and rather make it a Faction vs. Faction system where players sign up with factions such as the Kurzick, Luxons and a third faction where the server portion of WvW is phased out? Will there be potential landslides, yes; but that’s already happening.

It is an interesting idea, but it probably would not work without an internal mechanic to split up the population, otherwise you would literally just have 3 sides with massive queues. The purpose of a server/world/realm structure is to split the population so a game is actually playable. The other mechanic would be to use a megaserver instance creation system aka EoTM, which does not create balanced matchups either.