W.v.W Death mechanics tweaks

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

For strategy purposes I believe death in w.v.w should work slightly different than other parts of the game, let me explain:

information is vital in such a large battlefield

imagine you’re a lookout left behind to provide on the fly enemy information
things like enemy zerg size and composition, do they have siege equipment or not etc.
now the enemy has been clever enough to hide the larger part of their forces from you and jump you from behind and kill you
, now this is the part that needs changing after you die you can still relay information to your team, the fact that the enemy chose to hide their forces from you, kill you 1st and than move in becomes irrelevant.

My proposition
make it so that when you kill an enemy you can than proceed to execute a forced respawn on them, that way after they die they can no longer provide enemy information to their team.

Or, make it so that chat is disabled and the screen goes black or changes into an underworld look instead of still being able to see enemy troops and numbers

This way keeping yourself alive becomes more relevant and at the same time makes it relevant for the enemy to kill you quickly and stop the information lines from flowing.

You can only provide information about what you witnessed while you were alive just like in a real battlefield.

Once you die why should you still be able to provide enemy intel that doesn’t make any sense now does it ?

This I believe would make a huge impact to tactics for world v world.
some of you will agree some will disagree but I believe the majority will agree.
feel free to add more options or ideas that arena.net can implement.

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Needlessly complex. Just have it so when you are dead you can only see the map. Possibly allow a brief period of time (30 – 60 seconds) before it switches to map only.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

As long as it accomplishes the goal of cutting the lines of information I’d be ok with going to map view or whatever, the important core aspect though should be there not able to provide information to allies past your death