WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: mrochon.8765

mrochon.8765

ANET almost had it right when they finally implemented the wvw progression, but your hard earned rank points can spent on such great abilities as…carrying more supply!!

F A I L

Joose Buckaloose
Pink Monkeys [DEVS]
God among Thieves and QQ Instigator

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Please tell me how holding 2x supply is a fail? When you need half the people to repair and build.

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Its exactly what Anet intended and explained from the beginning. So if following through on what you said is fail, then you are confused on how things work in the world.

They clearly said it wouldn’t be a dramatic power up as far as the buffs were concerned.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: mrochon.8765

mrochon.8765

All their abilities are siege based, which is fail. ANET talked early on about molding a pvp reward system similar to DAoC, but they’re way off…WAY OFF. It’s almost as if they were dumfounded and decided to call WoW devs to ask for advice.

“Uhh ya, pvp rewards? Sure, let them do more damage on an arrow cart.”

This game had a lot of potential…

Joose Buckaloose
Pink Monkeys [DEVS]
God among Thieves and QQ Instigator

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

All their abilities are siege based, which is fail. ANET talked early on about molding a pvp reward system similar to DAoC, but they’re way off…WAY OFF. It’s almost as if they were dumfounded and decided to call WoW devs to ask for advice.

You are a very small minority in this opposition. The rewards are for WvWvW, not for PvP. WvWvW is first and foremost about Siege and defense of positions. These rewards are perfect for WvWvW. Looking for bonus to damage against other players is NOT what this ranking system was about. A-Net, please do not feel that this person’s opinions are a sample of the majority.

The game has a lot of potential and this update (I cannot call it a patch) delivered on many fronts.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

You are a very small minority in this opposition. The rewards are for WvWvW, not for PvP. WvWvW is first and foremost about Siege and defense of positions. These rewards are perfect for WvWvW. Looking for bonus to damage against other players is NOT what this ranking system was about. A-Net, please do not feel that this person’s opinions are a sample of the majority.

The game has a lot of potential and this update (I cannot call it a patch) delivered on many fronts.

WvWvW is about siege first and foremost? I don’t think I have ever used a siege weapon. My guild and myself purchased this game to roam and gank. We want open world fights… not siege. I hate that kitten. I do not understand why any emphasis is ever placed on siege game after game. Why is this fun?

If this generation of players is into this sieging, zerging style of gameplay I am definately out of place. Unfortunately this contiguous sequence of games fail to give us the true RvR that daoc we desire. We are always going to be left to play an aged game because that is all there is.

This patch was absolutely fail. Ideas were in the correct direction on every front, but they failed to deliver. There are other threads on this board that address these issues more “eloquently.” (ie. the gear for crests (or lack thereof) is absolutely fail..)

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

The game is how it is. No matter how you and your mates want to run around and gank. I guess get more mates?

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Questions for OP:

1. How many hours of WvW do you play per week on average?
2. Would you like rewards that would make you an 00ber d00d?
3. Can you imagine the outcry if the progression rewards enabled you to completely crush others because you’d spent many more hours WvWing than them?
4. Can you therefore see why these tweaks/xp/improvements have to be “slowly slowly” (at least until we see our first top-ranked WvWers and what they’re capable of with fully unlocked abilities?)

I think it is way, way, way, WAY too early to be complaining here about them until you see the impact they have on the game.

I’m pretty sure Anet will disregard this thread. I sure hope they do.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

ionix.9054

The game is how it is. No matter how you and your mates want to run around and gank. I guess get more mates?

No, get a new game

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

ionix.9054

Questions for OP:

1. How many hours of WvW do you play per week on average?
2. Would you like rewards that would make you an 00ber d00d?
3. Can you imagine the outcry if the progression rewards enabled you to completely crush others because you’d spent many more hours WvWing than them?
4. Can you therefore see why these tweaks/xp/improvements have to be “slowly slowly” (at least until we see our first top-ranked WvWers and what they’re capable of with fully unlocked abilities?)

I think it is way, way, way, WAY too early to be complaining here about them until you see the impact they have on the game.

I’m pretty sure Anet will disregard this thread. I sure hope they do.

They will disregard it. As all PvP… err siegevsiegevszerg games that I have played do

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

WvW is pretty much about siege and the tactics around siege. Its about warfare and armies and stuff like that you know. Its not about small groups roaming around who try to prove themselves for the gods of valhalla.

If ANet would have added anykind of added damage towards enemy players or other stuff like that, maybe even unique skill inside WvW, I would have been most disappointed. We don’t need that. I don’t want anything like if a superduper glass cannon roaming party of five gets behind of 40+ army, that those five could crush the bigger army with AoE in a heartbeat.

You see, for me WvW is about sieging up a place. Was it either offensive or defensive siege, its always fun and exciting for me. Where to place this arrow cart, how many supplies my guildies have, is it gonna reach the one crucial point its ment to reach, etc.

This is GW2 and WvW, not Daoc and RvR.

You don’t see me whining about the inability to twink in this game. Closest I have come to twinking in this game is “abusing” upscaling in WvW.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

They probably gave us entry level abilities to gauge how fast levels are gained. If they had abilities that could decide battles and only a few people had them because they played round the clock for a week that would be a bad thing. Moderate, deliberate additions are best for the game.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Karmagettie.7231

Karmagettie.7231

WvWvW is about siege first and foremost? I don’t think I have ever used a siege weapon. My guild and myself purchased this game to roam and gank. We want open world fights… not siege. I hate that kitten. I do not understand why any emphasis is ever placed on siege game after game. Why is this fun?

If this generation of players is into this sieging, zerging style of gameplay I am definately out of place. Unfortunately this contiguous sequence of games fail to give us the true RvR that daoc we desire. We are always going to be left to play an aged game because that is all there is.

This patch was absolutely fail. Ideas were in the correct direction on every front, but they failed to deliver. There are other threads on this board that address these issues more “eloquently.” (ie. the gear for crests (or lack thereof) is absolutely fail..)

This is where 100% of the community cannot be pleased. Since WvWvW and ranking is based off of points controlled on the map, Siege is by far the most important factor in WvWvW. The last thing we would want is a glass cannon player like a thief getting something like +20% to attacking. It isnt about the individual player, it is about the community. I am sorry that it isnt like DAoC. But….this isnt DAoC, it is GW2.

The only negative thing i seen of this update so far is everyone is literally grouped up into a zerg. I am in a 20 man alliance, but we can run by ourselves because everyone is zerged up. So it is forcing zerg vs zerg vs zerg right now. Again, this isnt a huge negative, because i hope an intelligent mind can come up with ways around this. Like having a 20-30 man flanking unit….omg, i just realized i am on a rant and i will stop.

Necka The Logic – Eng
Karmagettie – Warrior
Tarnished Coast [CYN]

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t think abilities that make players more powerful gankers will ever happen. As other have alluded to, it would be a deterrent to new players. You already have an advantage versus newer players because you are way better. Why do you want them to also be at another disadvantage for daring to come into your world? WvW is meant to draw new players into PvP without the high stakes. There they can contribute and not feel like the let anyone down when you “lolz I pwned you hard” them.

If you want to be a better “ganker,” why not actually face off against more hard-core competition (like yourself) in sPvP? Is it really such a thrill to run around OP and prey on weaker players? Alternatively, move to a higher tier with better guilds that you can face off against. Is it such a bad thing that the outcome of the fight is straight-up reliant on your skill, not some additional power-up you get for playing so much?

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The only negative thing i seen of this update so far is everyone is literally grouped up into a zerg. I am in a 20 man alliance, but we can run by ourselves because everyone is zerged up. So it is forcing zerg vs zerg vs zerg right now. Again, this isnt a huge negative, because i hope an intelligent mind can come up with ways around this. Like having a 20-30 man flanking unit….omg, i just realized i am on a rant and i will stop.

You make a lot of really good observations. However, the answer to the zerg thing is right in front of you. If you are 20 guys organized, and you have another 20-man crew organized, simply split up and take different camps. If they enemy super-zergs and chases one crew, the other should happily go about capturing the whole map. Going offensive will either force them to split or face losing everything! Happy Playing!

WPVP Rewards are a JOKE!

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There is already a dedicated thread about the recent changes made to WvW here : Discuss WvW patch notes- march 26 here!.

Therefore, this one is now closed to avoid duplicates.

Thank you.