WVW EXP acount bound

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: hades.6539

hades.6539

like the title my question only is when will it become account bound?

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I dont think they have stated an exact date, knowing them it will be late and riddled with bugs – just like a lot of things they release without bothering to actually test them first

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Supposedly next week sometime we can expect a large sneak peak at the balance changes coming in February. This is likely also the first major patch of the year, so it’s probably a safe bet to assume the WXP changes will be in there as well.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Supposedly next week sometime we can expect a large sneak peak at the balance changes coming in February. This is likely also the first major patch of the year, so it’s probably a safe bet to assume the WXP changes will be in there as well.

I am going to assume, that they will have “bug fixes” hat actually create new bugs seeing as that is how they roll. Rather than make ANY balance changes.

They should FIRST fix ALL the bugs, issues, text on skills and everything else first. You can’t really balance the game when it has so many bugs and issues.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Did they say it would become account bound? I haven’t played or read forums in awhile

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

They did say it would be account bound, but I’m unsure if they are going to reset the invested points. I’d think it would be the smarter way to avoid bugging the game out with overlapped used points, but then again…

Teef master race

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

If i remember it right, they will summary all your world experience(not levels) and then give you wxp level based on your total world experience.
By you world xp level, each character will have exp points to spend. Each character will have full points based on accoutn level.
If you have now 2 toons with 20 wxp level each(first 5 levels are different wxp needed!!) your total level will be something like 36. So both toons will have 36 points to spend.
Each time you will gain wxp level,each toon will gain it.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i soo much wait the +300-600 points on my characters. finaly i dont need to “farm” points to feel competent

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Last I read, they said they wanted to thoroughly test it in beta before releasing it. From what I have heard they are not even testing it in beta at present, so I honestly would not be surprised if we were waiting another 6+ months going on Anets track record.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

It is tested in alpha EoTM; it seems to me (if I remember correctly) that all my char have same level.
They are also testing a new WvW interface.

But have no idea about when would the release be… If they put it live at the same time as EoTM, be prepared for quite a wait, since, in my opinion, EoTM still have lots of work to be done on it before it goes live…

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

In EOTM all characters has rank 500 at creation but they leveled at different rates.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I heard the summary level will be capped at 100 so no one will have an huge advantage at the start of the account bound WXP.

[DONE]

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Keiel i dont know where did you heard it but that would just mean that characters with WXP lvl more than 100 will be downgraded to 100?
So if I have lvl 500 on my guard and the rest of my toons have lvl 50, i will have lvl 100 and my guard will loose 400levels?

That is just crazy and I dont think Anet will do this. otherwise they will make big number of wvw players really angry. It would be much worse than lowering fractals lvl to 30 as you lost only 20 games(20 levels) while they added new fractals.
But wvw ranks dont have any cap, i know guys with rank 700. If those would be lowered to 100,they will just quit this game.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

if they really lower it to 100 i might quit game as well :/

Roleplayer.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

I heard the summary level will be capped at 100 so no one will have an huge advantage at the start of the account bound WXP.

That would never happen, most players in WvW have past that on one or multiple characters. (The news page states that there are people over rank 2000)

Besides that, they have stated that they’re looking forward to seeing who the first person that reaches rank 3000 will be. (from the news page: “We hope you are as excited as we are for this change, and we can’t wait to see who will be the first player to rank 3,000!”)

News page for confirmation: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

No you didn’t. You never heard that at all. As a matter of fact this sounds like a bitter response to the Fractals level reset when they changed how Fractals work above level 30, therefore reset everyone to level 30.

So don’t fall for it people… there’s no such talk of a level reset in WvW. Unlike Fractals, where the mechanics were changed, it doesn’t make sense in WvW.

#TeamJadeQuarry

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something like this that happened though. I wasn’t going down that avenue though. My guess was they would increase the amount of levels required to unlock the current traits. As it stands I have around 1200 levels, but its spread across 9 chars. So I don’t have the majority unlocked on most. But if I get 1200 levels on each char I will have just about everything unlocked on all chars. I would be fine with that personally. But those who have enjoyed the luxury of only playing one class would lose out.

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

if they really lower it to 100 i might quit game as well :/

same i finally got up to rank 500 and it would be terrible if they destroyed all my hard work. they should at least take the highest rank, but if u look at it in a different way. u played the game with each character and they all ranked up so if they make them accountbound, then the fair thing would be to add all ranks from each character together into one big rank. so if u are rank 100 on 1 char and rank 500 on another then u should have rank 600 accountbound.
setting it back to 100 wouldnt make sense at all and would make people ragequit. the mechanics wont change so why reset and punish players for using badges and stuff for ranks?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Setting it to 100 is a lie, stop worrying about something that isn’t happening. It’s a Fractals complaint carrying over to other areas of the forums because some are upset that the levels were reset to 30 when the content 30+ was changed. When you consider the thousands and thousands of levels that are needed (anyone have an actual number?) to unlock everything in WvW it’s quite clear that a reset to 100 makes no sense whatsoever.

#TeamJadeQuarry

WVW EXP acount bound

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Since we’re talking Fractal nonsense now… perhaps ANet should make it so every level over 30 you have an increased chance of an ascended dropping?!