WVW T2 Armor is too expensive!

in WvW

Posted by: Xarfai.8471

Xarfai.8471

Everyone is talking about lowering the level requirement for T2 WVW armor. But I think we should also talk about the price. I thought it should be a reward for wvw players … But I just did the math and the WVW armor is more expensive than just crafting a regular ascended armor. Even if you want the “new” HOT stats and switch them in the MF its cheaper to craft a regular set.

So you not only have to “earn” all the required WVW Tickets, you also have to pay more … This doesn t make any sense!

In my opinion the price for the armor set schould be have of what a regular set costs, because you already put a lot of work in it, farming the WVW tickets …

Edit: spelling & reuploaded the pictures

Edit 2: I just did some more calculations on the HOT stats and the prices vary a lot depending on which stats you want, so in some cases the T2 armor is actually a kitteneaper (e.g. Trailblazer’s) …

Attachments:

(edited by Xarfai.8471)

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Welcome to WvW, where earning rewards was never easy or fair.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

so then why don’t they fix it?

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

In my day we put in 12-hour days in WvW, dumped our scarce gold into upgrades, all without ANY rewards —- AND WE LIKED IT!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

1. Most of the reason to buy these armor pieces is for the sake of the skin, not for the sake of the Ascended armor level. You would suffer a similar cost buying the Exotic skins because of…
2. Most of the price is behind Memories of Battle whose price has been inflated by speculation. Give it a bit of time to settle.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Welcome to WvW, where they don’t really fix stuff.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Because they don’t actually care about WvW players even though we generate a good bit of income by paying for server transfers, gems for gold because there is no good method of earning gold in WvW for things like food, armor, etc. Those of us who have been playing WvW since the beginning are used to it. We’ve never really been rewarded. The reward tracks basically allow us to pay for our food in WvW at this point lol…

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The marks seem to be badly implemented all around. I just don’t see the point.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Welcome to WvW, where they removed repairing armour costs, but then reduced gold rewards from ALL events by 50% as a result.

Rather pay repair costs and make a little more gold. And I do mean a little gold.
You can still makes more gold in 30 minutes of PvE than in a month of WvW

Pretty simple really, new DLC, I mean expansion coming out probably this October.
In order to get WvW players to buy it, they need to trick WvW players into thinking that they are working on WvW. Hence these little bits of scraps to try to convince the gullable players to buy the DLC, I mean expansion.

(edited by DevilishLyx.2340)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

… but at least it’s now possible.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Interesting, they should adjust the costings. FOTM still better for ascended.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Interesting, they should adjust the costings. FOTM still better for ascended.

FOTM is the only thing that actually requires it, so that makes sense.

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

When will the whining stop. <face palm>

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

^This. In general Anet tends to not fix problems and focus on new content (even if dismally slow for WvW) which creates new problems that probably won’t be fixed. Lather rinse repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

Are you a wvw player?

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Tomahawk.7361

Tomahawk.7361

I see absolutely no reason to use the wvw system to craft right now. You save lots of gold by crafting regularly. There a few posts of people who have done the math on it.

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

2. Most of the price is behind Memories of Battle whose price has been inflated by speculation. Give it a bit of time to settle.

I suspect this is a big part of it. Furthermore, from what I’ve seen browsing the prices, it’s likely that in the long term, claim tickets and not Memories of Battle are going to prove to be the limiting factor in acquiring the new items, and when people realise that we’re going to see memories going back to being a means of earning money off PvE players looking to craft precursors.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I’m not looking for miracles here. I just want the exotic skins for the Triumphant Hero armor set. But as a parent and full time job holder I have tops maybe 3 hours a day to play the game. This last match-up I earned in total 25 Claim Tickets through the Pip system. At this rate, even getting one exotic armor skin worth 250 Claim tickets is going to take minimum some 4 months approx. And that’s assuming I literally ignore all my friends, guild obligations, etc and literally do nothing but WvW.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

Are you a wvw player?

Yes

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Buy the exotic version, T3 requires no crafting so is cheap in comparison. If you don’t have the rank requirements then you better start farming.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They do.. by covering with more stuff that will need to be fixed, so players will start complain about the new thing XD

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I’m not looking for miracles here. I just want the exotic skins for the Triumphant Hero armor set. But as a parent and full time job holder I have tops maybe 3 hours a day to play the game. This last match-up I earned in total 25 Claim Tickets through the Pip system. At this rate, even getting one exotic armor skin worth 250 Claim tickets is going to take minimum some 4 months approx. And that’s assuming I literally ignore all my friends, guild obligations, etc and literally do nothing but WvW.

Personally, I’m in a similar boat in time I can dedicate to WvW and I’m (sorta) okay with it. I figure if I can get 25 tickets in half a week with no weekend time, I should at least finish silver for 45 tickets every full week of wvw play, which should average a skin every 4-5 weeks. If I can reach gold for 70 tickets a week (which is my goal starting week after next when I get the loyalty pip), that’s 3 weeks for most skins up to 4 weeks + Bronze for the most expensive.

That does mean about 6 months for a single set of T2, if I use all my tickets on it and nothing else. Chances of me throwing up my arms and giving up a couple pieces in are also greater than zero. Around 400 ranks to the next rank pip too, so while I try to remember to bring XP boosters, I’m probably going to get that extra pip mere days before I get the full set at the earliest.

But, in the end, I’m ok with it. My only wish was that it took fewer pips to qualify for loyalty pip so I can better sustain it if/when the WvW burnout comes.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Was waiting for this comment, +1.

The new people here from PvE wanting the shiny glowing armor need to recognize something very important about WvW: The format is terribly maintained, has up until recently always been a net loss in terms of gold gained vs gold spent to win, and is absolutely and tremendously off-kilter in just about every way for what should be a respected game mode and major marketing opportunity for the company.

It’s at this point systematically failed; once people get demoralized out of it from the high requirements and terrible profession balance/elite spec gameplay, we’ll be back to bleeding out and maybe, hopefully, ANet will just pull the trigger on it entirely.

People aren’t playing it because it’s fun; most are playing it for the newest carrot on the stick. You can’t have a persistent environment succeed, especially a PvP one, when it’s simply not fun to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

This ^ I knew before we even got the WvW version of ascended that they would be badly implemented just as the fractals and PvP versions are, so ofc it was going to be the same. This game is full of poorly implemented recipes and that has always been the case, I feel like they are never going to get it right at this point.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This ^ I knew before we even got the WvW version of ascended that they would be badly implemented just as the fractals and PvP versions are, so ofc it was going to be the same. This game is full of poorly implemented recipes and that has always been the case, I feel like they are never going to get it right at this point.

What precisely about the marks is poorly implemented? It seems to me like marks, and ascended materials in general, fill a very clear key role and looking at the prices on the market, they do them well (especially compared to markets like Gossamer, Silk, Mithril and Orichalcum).

Nalhadia – Kaineng