WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: zolton.4350

zolton.4350

I know this has been going on for a while now. And i know that so far no solution has been put forth that would fix this solution. But i think they got a great idea in how the Crown Pavilion works. The bosses scale according to the amount of players in a general area.

The main problems with these zergs/blobs is that if you are out numbered you have no chance to defend you towers or keeps as they are down quite quick often before you can even respond and when you do respond you stand little chance if you are out numbered.

So the fix? Have all guards and lords scale in power and hp depending on the number of players attacking the keep as well as the walls and doors scale in HP. I think this would be the best possible solution to the problem. And its self checking.

If a zerg knows it will be tough to take a place because their numbers are to great and will scale the walls doors and mobs and lords to high and take as few as possible they are running into a chance that the opposing side will have more players in there defending and manning siege. So few would try to hold back when hitting a place. And replacing the out numbered part of the buff from not needing to repair armor to you get points added to your score per kill as well would help even things out especially if you add kills done by your defending mobs to the scoring.

Not 100% perfect i know but seems simple enough in theory. And some things would need fleshed out to make it a very viable fix to the problem. But i do think this would be more fair to all sides out numbered or not. And if i were to suggest a fix to it this would be my suggestion. Thoughts opinions?

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Interesting idea but then people would just use catas/trebs instead of rams. No players near the keep, no scaling then. TBH unless ANet does not change PPT system there is little to help WvW in its current state.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

If Anet continues with the constant WvW neglect there won’t be enough players left to form a blob.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Hmmm, you do know that this game mode was designed for zergs, right? Name one game, that offers the large-scale pvp like that, that is not based on zerging?

Hell, even the 40 person PvP maps in other games revolve around zerging.

Can people quit complaining about zerging already, the majority of wvw zergs, and that is who anet is going to care about more when it comes to the wvw talk.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Scaling mobs is neither good nor fun in WvW, unless we’re just talking plain more (ie upgraded keep). Mobs arent supposed to be an obstacle, just something of a filler. When that filler is random… well people dont like rng in PvE, we dont need it in WvW, never knowing how strong a mob is.

But, to drag up an ancient suggestion of mine, I still think there should be local outmanned states that affect mobs as well as players. That gives a fixed strength increase, not random scaling up. If Garrison is under attack by a blob of 50+ then all guards, the keep lord and what few players are there get outmanned – even if all three sides have the exact same number of players on the border and no one else on the border has outmanned. I think a border could be divided into roughly a dozen or so zones.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

zolton.4350

Bartas It could be that catas and trebbing takes into account all the players on that side upscaling them a bit further then if the blob was there making it less likely of a strategy.

Andrew Clear I have serious doubts about that logic. They were designed to be taken by groups not zergs. Hence why they die so quickly when a zerg hits them. A content designed for a group of 5-10 max hit by over 40? Yeah that does not sound like it was designed for zergs. Its more like a design flaw that allows zerging as a type of exploit.

And i can name several. but whats the point? You’ll dance around the issue rather then address it. So no use wasting time on it. And people complain as fewer and fewer people are entering the maps because of this. Meaning the population of those who would take part in WVW are getting smaller and smaller.

How much fun will it be for the zerg when there is no one to battle? What will you do when the map is all yours and no opposition? No WVW at all then is there? And that is what i’m seeing more of. The allowance of letting one side out number another by such a large scale takes any fun or chance to win away from those not in that zerg.

And that is a game flaw that needs addressed along with all the other issues. But the main one is the zerg fest. And Arena Net will care when there is no one left to play. What good does it do to cater to the zergs when it damages the game? Would you go into WVW if you knew you had no chance of winning at all and you are out numbered 8-10 to 1? Or even 2-3 to 1?

And that is already happening. And more and more players are giving up in frustration. That does not bring competition or fun to the game at all.

Dawdler I suggest this as a way to combat these xergs and over populations. Its hard to get players to leave their server especially when their zerg out numbers all others. But we can put more numbers on the other sides that are out numbered by utilizing the mobs that are already in game to off set it some. And the mobs are meant to be resistance to hold back players until the other side can respond. I seriously doubt they are meant to be pixels that do little to help.

Problem is when a zerg hits a place and hits a mob meant to be done by a group is that there are now over 8 groups there so the mobs die to fast to offer any resistance at all. And they should offer some resistance. Even camps you have the option to hire more guards and raise their level. But they do not scale enough. 2-3 players can take a camp with no problem at all even with vets from a mob group nearby helping to defend it.

So camps can constantly be flipped with little to no resistance. And without supply deliveries the towers and keeps remain paper. And a zerg can have a camp taken within seconds. I seriously doubt that is how it was meant to work.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: CyRuS.6915

CyRuS.6915

Outnumbered is pretty much supposed to lose (unless there is a serious skill gap). Zergs beating small groups = working as intended.

Possible “solutions”: don’t be outnumbered; set up defensive siege and leave scouts at the location to provide quick notice of attack; respond to those scouting reports quickly; do better

If your server truly just doesn’t have enough people to participate in wvw… transfer.

Anomaly

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

zolton.4350

Outnumbered is pretty much supposed to lose (unless there is a serious skill gap). Zergs beating small groups = working as intended.

Possible “solutions”: don’t be outnumbered; set up defensive siege and leave scouts at the location to provide quick notice of attack; respond to those scouting reports quickly; do better

If your server truly just doesn’t have enough people to participate in wvw… transfer.

No we have enough over populated servers as it is and this is at the root of the problem. To have a true World versus World every world must be able to compete whether they have a high server population or not. That breeds competition and brings more skill to the table. There is no skill in being in a zerg charging up on a place spamming 111111111111.

If it were set up more for zergs the mobs and keeps would both have much higher hp then they do now. So i believe that logic is flawed. And it does not matter how much siege you set up if your out numbered the siege does very little to off set this. And if you are suggesting it i’m guessing your on one of the zerging servers that are the problem.

And no matter how fast you are you will always arrive to late to defend a camp and very few times will you get there to defend a tower or keep. Especially when you can not get inside because the zerg is right at the entrance meaning you die before even getting inside. And the lords of those places are a joke when it comes to zergs hitting them. They die within seconds and a few seconds later its gone. Then a 5 minute wait to recapture it.

For a true wvw all must be able to compete. If not then its a population contest and we need to rename it to population versus population and not world versus world. But seeing how it is wvw and over population is the problem we need the population to be thinned out to even out across servers or find a way in which servers with lower populations can compete. Zergs really should not be the answer as it requires 0 skill.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

CyRuS.6915

No we have enough over populated servers as it is and this is at the root of the problem. To have a true World versus World every world must be able to compete whether they have a high server population or not. That breeds competition and brings more skill to the table. There is no skill in being in a zerg charging up on a place spamming 111111111111.

If it were set up more for zergs the mobs and keeps would both have much higher hp then they do now. So i believe that logic is flawed. And it does not matter how much siege you set up if your out numbered the siege does very little to off set this. And if you are suggesting it i’m guessing your on one of the zerging servers that are the problem.

And no matter how fast you are you will always arrive to late to defend a camp and very few times will you get there to defend a tower or keep. Especially when you can not get inside because the zerg is right at the entrance meaning you die before even getting inside. And the lords of those places are a joke when it comes to zergs hitting them. They die within seconds and a few seconds later its gone. Then a 5 minute wait to recapture it.

For a true wvw all must be able to compete. If not then its a population contest and we need to rename it to population versus population and not world versus world. But seeing how it is wvw and over population is the problem we need the population to be thinned out to even out across servers or find a way in which servers with lower populations can compete. Zergs really should not be the answer as it requires 0 skill.

I would vote for whatever method they come up with to even out the populations. If someone can figure out how to do that then I am all for it. Transfer was my last suggestion. I said that because I know most forum complainers are going to come up with excuses for the more legit suggestions. Talking about why they can’t scout well, why they can’t respond fast enough to scouting reports, how they are always outnumbered but not because they don’t recruit more players from their guilds/server to get on the map and contribute. For those people that just believe their server cannot do better…. transfer. I didn’t say transfer to T1 but if you are at the bottom and you hate it because you can’t compete… move up a few tiers.

Anomaly

(edited by CyRuS.6915)

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Actually there’s really a fairly simple way to fix it – remove the downed state in WvW.
Think about this for a second (I know this has been discussed before):
Downed state completely removes using the element of surprise as a real advantage for a smaller group to use guerrila tactics on a larger force. If you go into a 1v2 situation with surprise on your side and manage to take down one person before they’re able to respond, their buddy is probably very likely to revive them before you’re able to finish-almost guaranteed to if there are two people nearby to quickly get to reviving.

A stomp takes roughly three seconds to complete, and each class has at least one skill allowing you to interrupt a stomp. If the downed player and/or their friend know what they’re doing they’ll prevent the first stomp from completing, thus allowing an extra three seconds to revive from that downed state. This makes it neigh impossible to actually kill a good, coordinated group unless you have equal numbers.

Now, removing a downed state and sending someone straight into a “hard rez” would completely remove that person from the fight, allowing more involved tactics to have more of a deciding factor in a fight.

(edited by ExpiredLifetime.1083)

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Actually there’s really a fairly simple way to fix it – remove the downed state in WvW.
Think about this for a second (I know this has been discussed before):
Downed state completely removes using the element of surprise as a real advantage for a smaller group to use guerrila tactics on a larger force. If you go into a 1v2 situation with surprise on your side and manage to take down one person before they’re able to respond, their buddy is probably very likely to revive them before you’re able to finish-almost guaranteed to if there are two people nearby to quickly get to reviving.

A stomp takes roughly three seconds to complete, and each class has at least one skill allowing you to interrupt a stomp. If the downed player and/or their friend know what they’re doing they’ll prevent the first stomp from completing, thus allowing an extra three seconds to revive from that downed state. This makes it neigh impossible to actually kill a good, coordinated group unless you have equal numbers.

Now, removing a downed state and sending someone straight into a “hard rez” would completely remove that person from the fight, allowing more involved tactics to have more of a deciding factor in a fight.

There are too many skills and traits involved to remove downed state, it would require redesigning everything. Try to work around it instead. Because Anet is not going to remove a core mechanic, ever. Hopefully they can tweak it, but seriously, we’ve had to live with it for years and a change is extremely unlikely.

For example:
- disallow hard rez while in combat
- lower damage from #1
- only 1 player at once may heal a downed character
- killing a player doesnt rez you from downed, you need to be healed
Etc and so on.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They could implant more ‘’bundles/kits/new enviromental weapons’’ that each character can equip , in order to create a unique ‘WvWvW Meta’’ that defies the ‘’Class Balance of the PvP side’’ and creates roles in WvWvW , rather than zergs .

Or they could implant more Golems with the introduction of the Gate of Maguuma .

Such as :
Catacupult-Golems where a player can hop on the catapult and been thrown at the zerg for an aoe attack (the the throw animation can be the same as in Tentaquil Jumping Pad) .
Escord Golems : Light Golem that helps to speed up the Heavy Golems + Repair them + Help them escape with some portals . (very low hp)
Ninja Golems : They can easily kill the Light Golems + moves very fast and have evasive mechanics . ( low Hp) .
Anti-Golem : The can aply Armor Stractural Penetration Debuff on the Heavy Golems , that reduce their defence tremendously + aply a dot that damage them every sec and also damage the friendly zerg around them
Juggernant Golem : Have short-meele range aoe attack , with fast movement to aplit up the zergs .

But too many Golems on the maps will creates too much whines on the forums

With the ’’bundles’’ althought they can creates roles for the players that love to help their server , but they dont like to join zergs .
Such as in here : ‘’https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Invent-a-new-trap’’ ….
There can be the ‘’Trap bundle’’ that aplies traps al over the map , but the traps are enabled if they detect more than 20 ppl in their 1200 radius .
Anti-Trapper Bundles : sole perpose to find those invisible traps and diactivate them (while he get rewarded for doing so , the enemies roamer that seeks for 1v1 fights , get rewarded also for finding him) .
Cannon Builder Bundle : like the cannons in the Red side of the EotM
Anti Zerg Bundle : Skillshots-no aim spells that you have to calculate the zy axis , otherwise they will ’’fail’’ on the ground .( while they have that bundly on them , they cannot be affected by boons , so they do a lot of aoe dps but only the Toughtness will keep them alive)
Escord Bundles " : creates portals that only the ppll with bundles can use and escape + aply boons to them ( they dont get the boons)

I am sorry for the gliblerish , just got back from a night swift :P

Edit : Those Bundles are only sold by Guilds (if they unlock it with their ’’Upgrade’’ System – they can upgrade even more with items , by doing some bosses on PvE and get some items , or doing high lvl Fractrals or PvP) .
They can place an item in the ground , where passing by ppl can buy/pick them up .
They cost 20 silver (the 15 silver are transfraired to that guild) and if you die 3 times while you are equipping it , the item is lost from the bag/inventory .
By been reserced and sold by guilds , if creates the need to create a Guild to help your server or be used as a Weapon Dealer in a War Era

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Goatslayer.5043

Goatslayer.5043

Why not have a insta-spike when you have the outmanned buff?

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

need a fix for blobs/zergs/mapzones? call yur friendly zergbusting guild to help!

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

IMO, there is little we can do to prevent zerging.

I don’t necessarily think its a bad thing and I think large scale fights with battlefield siege sound pretty cool. However, one sided zerging is unfair and can get boring after awhile since its nothing more than a QD train in the Mists.

One part of the solution can be equalizing the populations of servers (I suggested server clusters which can be reassigned occasionally as players transfer in a separate post) so that there is at least a fair fight in terms of numbers. Once both sides have zergs, some of the complaints about population disparity should disappear. Coverage could sort itself out as hopefully there will be less stacking.

Another part of the solution is in the supply chain to maintain the zerg. Currently, the biggest zerg likely wins because after clearing the battlefield, the winner simply revives everyone who was killed and moves on. There is no slowing down the momentum of the biggest blobs.

It has been suggested before that the down mechanic needs to be revamped and I agree! In a previous post, I suggested:

•Hard down should require WP to revive. This prevents the larger group from simply steamrolling everything in its path without the need wait for reinforcements.
•Soft down can only be revived by self or by teammates. This will force a decision to be made – break off the attack to save a teammate or carry on fighting and possibly lose him because once hard down, no revive.
•Ideally remove the rally off players killed mechanic. Or at least restrict the number rallied to just 1 and within a close radius.

This means that a large zerg can be whittled down slowly by guerilla attacks and in each fight, players need to make decisions if they should rez downed allies or keep fighting. The fully offensive zerg would find itself depleted quickly.

It also makes it more challenging for zergs to take the enemy keep and garrison since one side is near their own spawn while the other needs to run a further distance. However, under this system being able to hold the enemy keep or garrison is a sign of better tactics and supply chain.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Eleminate you too.5390

Eleminate you too.5390

So what people are saying is that if we play on an outnumbered server that we should just transfer us and all of our friends to a server that is overpopulated right? Think big picture here and you might realize that that leads to a single server that has no WvW at all because no one should be on the server that has less people. I am on Yaks at the moment ( a dominantly PVE server) and our current match-up is against 2 T1 servers. Yes we are losing horribly but I can tell you that when we are close to even numbers these 2 servers get more than what they bargained for when we go head to head. The problem is that we are at a constant state of being outnumbered and it sucks pretty bad to be in a group of 15 when you see 40+ running at you because the other 15 people on the map are busy defending the few places you have managed to cap from a much larger zerg. All this person is asking for is for things to be a bit more evenly matched instead of getting steamrolled almost constantly.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Change to objective based scoring instead of possession scoring. If each tick had multiple changing objectives based on the number of players on a map, then servers would have to split their groups to win. Basically change the rewards so that servers are encouraged to split up rather than blob together.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

CyRuS.6915

So what people are saying is that if we play on an outnumbered server that we should just transfer us and all of our friends to a server that is overpopulated right? Think big picture here and you might realize that that leads to a single server that has no WvW at all because no one should be on the server that has less people. I am on Yaks at the moment ( a dominantly PVE server) and our current match-up is against 2 T1 servers. Yes we are losing horribly but I can tell you that when we are close to even numbers these 2 servers get more than what they bargained for when we go head to head. The problem is that we are at a constant state of being outnumbered and it sucks pretty bad to be in a group of 15 when you see 40+ running at you because the other 15 people on the map are busy defending the few places you have managed to cap from a much larger zerg. All this person is asking for is for things to be a bit more evenly matched instead of getting steamrolled almost constantly.

1) nobody is telling you or anyone else to transfer to a server that is “overpopulated.”
2) If you are on Yak’s Bend as you say, then you are not currently matched up against any T1 servers (which is what you claimed). As best as I can tell, Yaks is currently up against FA and SBI (T3/T4).

From what I recall, Yaks has some pretty competent wvw players but then again, the last time I fought against Yaks was probably almost a year ago. If what you say is true—that your server is all PvE players—then clearly, there is your problem. If you don’t have anyone on the map it is going to be hard to compete. Why don’t you try and recruit more of those “PvE” players to start contributing more in the Wvw environment? If you have the people on the server, then it’s an issue of leadership and recruitment… get more people involved.

As far as transferring goes, I would only recommend it as a last resort. Ultimately this is a game and it is about having fun. If you believe you can have fun where you are at then you should stay there. If you are not having fun then you only have a few options:
- Try to fix the problem: recruit more players on your server to join the fight, train players to do better, step up and take a leadership role, etc…
- Transfer to another server. This doesn’t have to be a T1 server and it doesn’t have to be a bandwaggon kind of thing. It’s about having fun and you go where you enjoy the gaming experience.
- Stop playing

Anomaly

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I know better one. Scale me up according to zerg size, I would stop them blobkittens for sure.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They could creates some combo-field-Utilities , specificly for WvWvW that punish the zergs .
For example someone can cast ‘’Wind Breaze’’ , where your team8s in that area get ’’Haste’’(movement speed) for 8 sec

Some1 else can use his ’’Electrocude’’ where enemies in that area get 10% damage , but if it casted at the area of ‘Wind Breaze’’ , your team8s get ’’Haste’’ and your enemes are stunned for 3 sec .

A third guy can use ‘’Whirlwind Attack’ (copy paste of the Warriors greatsword attack) ontop the ‘’Wind Breaze’’ + ’’Electrocuded’’ area , which will create a straight forward Tornato that does KnockBack and shoot chain lightining .

theres a limit of how many tornatos will be in the same area (they cancel each other)

Or the same with other elements that will create 5 slow moving huge fireballs (different pattern each time – like PvE boss) that are easily avoided by moving but punish for stacking

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

CyRuS.6915

They could creates some combo-field-Utilities , specificly for WvWvW that punish the zergs .

“Punish Zergs?” The “solution” should not about punishing zergs. Big fights are fun and there is another format reserved for small scale pvp. The “solution” should be about population balance and/or some other way to enable your server to have access to comparable numbers.

Of course, I am not saying everyone needs to fight in a zerg. But if your server has similar numbers and zerg(s) on the map, then you can make your own choices about what you want to do in wvw and there won’t be any complaining about being outnumbered. If you choose to run alone instead of with the larger group on the map, it’s a choice not a balance problem.

Anomaly

(edited by CyRuS.6915)

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Glacius.4987

Glacius.4987

make maps bigger, remove wp on keeps, prevent open field ac, remove downed state. Limit amount of people inside a building.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pretty much a problem of map and castle/siege mechanics.
All players need to build tons of siege tower to tower + full server stack pvd.
If guilds had some good reason to maintain keeps and defend them that at least would reduce the zerg sizes instead o fcap and leave stuff alone to recap it again.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

make maps bigger, remove wp on keeps, prevent open field ac, remove downed state. Limit amount of people inside a building.

So to translate what you say here…

Make the game boring, remove a feature to make the game even more boring, add limitations to make it boring yet again, remove another feature to add some further boring to that because its not boring enough yet. Also, limit the combat to make more boring.

I dont know about you but I enjoy GW2 for what WvW offer – intense, in your face action. I would absolutely hate to loose that.

Yes maps are kind of smallish, that’s what make them playable. They could be detailed with more horizontal depth (like EoTM), but they dont really need to be bigger. I will agree that they could remake them from scratch, but they can do so perfectly fine under current engine limitations.

WPs are there to shorten travel times. And believe me, travel times are boring. Look at ESO AvA. Taking 10 minutes just to get to action, ugh… Its unplayable. Realistic perhaps, but not a fun game.

Open field arrowcarts is not a flaw of them being in the open field. Arrowcarts themselves are flawed and should be fixed – not the possibility to deploy siege anywhere you want.

Removing downed state would just mean less dynamic and unpredictable combat – things that can actually be fun, like seeing that one friendly player coming to help you while you’re down on your kitten . Its not a perfect implemenetation now – its far too easy to res, you do far too much damage (especially when traited) and the scaling when being healed by multiple characters is just plain wrong. But downed state in itself is a great feature in the game that spruce up combat a bit.

Limiting the amount of people that can be inside a build I dont even understand. Why should you limit how many peeps can be in a keep? Sure its silly when the enemy has 60 peeps inside a keep and your raid with 30 peeps still breach the door and completely whoops their kitten because they are too afraid to come out but… uh… that’s just combat. Stopping them from being inside the keep isnt going to make them come out and fight. Its just going to make them run away somewhere else. Limiting the number of people that can be in a keep is about as futile as trying to stop a baby from chewing everything in sight.

Bah! I’m just feeling ranty today.

Sorry.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I would love to see boss scaling. It should have been in the game since launch.

However, huge epic size battles is what makes WvW WvW instead of SPvP. I wanna see more of them, on new maps, in organized vs organized fashion, awesome times.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

I always thought replacing the lords with a random guild bounty NPC belonging to one of the five playable races would be interesting. That or making new WvW NPCs with that concept in mind; scaling and a unique combat experience.

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

zolton.4350

Another thought i had was to add a buff to Righteous Indignation when out numbered to double its length to 10 minutes instead of 5. This would at least allow those who are out numbered to score ppt for their server despite being out numbered. And give them a bit more time to set up some sort of defense against a zerging mob. Or the RI could be applied to the walls and door for 5 minutes

When out numbered its hard to capture a tower or keep not impossible but extremely difficult to say the least. And right now there is no defense when your out numbered and a zerg is at your keep. Acs’s are often targeted even though they are on the walls as are players standing there trying to fight off a zerg.

Setting a treb at the gate may buy you a little time but often zergs will just turn to catapulting the walls if they notice this so that does not help. And its no fun being out numbered and having no way to fight back. And it definitely will be no fun for a zerg if the map is emptied out by players frustrated. Nothing left to do then as every thing is already captured.

Scaling mobs defending the keep and towers and camps would add a bit more difficulty in taking them yes. But they were not meant to be that easily over ran i believe. If they were the mobs would not even be there in the first place. And having them scale would just require more skill then a mindless blob blobbing from point to point.

To me it sounds more fun to have a challenge in not only defeating the mobs but also the players defending. That is more fun then setting up a ram. Wait for the door to go down storm the lord he dies super fast then head off to next spot rinse and repeat. If the mobs scaled then you would need a strategy and it be best if the zerg was split up into smaller groups to capture points and to be spread out.

Some do not like the crown pavilion because it takes a bit of strategy and skill and working together to achieve the best rewards. But i personally think its a better solution then lets all mob up and storm each boss. And it rewards every one not just a few lucky people who were able to tag the boss before it went down. This is the kind of system we need in WVW.

One that rewards every one and takes every move into consideration. Rewarding for guarding a place. And more rewarding for each kill. I still do not understand how each kill is not factored into the ppt system. Or how taking a place is not rewarded as well with ppt.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Eleminate you too.5390

1) nobody is telling you or anyone else to transfer to a server that is “overpopulated.”
2) If you are on Yak’s Bend as you say, then you are not currently matched up against any T1 servers (which is what you claimed). As best as I can tell, Yaks is currently up against FA and SBI (T3/T4).

From what I recall, Yaks has some pretty competent wvw players but then again, the last time I fought against Yaks was probably almost a year ago. If what you say is true—that your server is all PvE players—then clearly, there is your problem. If you don’t have anyone on the map it is going to be hard to compete. Why don’t you try and recruit more of those “PvE” players to start contributing more in the Wvw environment? If you have the people on the server, then it’s an issue of leadership and recruitment… get more people involved.

As far as transferring goes, I would only recommend it as a last resort. Ultimately this is a game and it is about having fun. If you believe you can have fun where you are at then you should stay there. If you are not having fun then you only have a few options:
- Try to fix the problem: recruit more players on your server to join the fight, train players to do better, step up and take a leadership role, etc…
- Transfer to another server. This doesn’t have to be a T1 server and it doesn’t have to be a bandwaggon kind of thing. It’s about having fun and you go where you enjoy the gaming experience.
- Stop playing

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Eleminate you too.5390

As I said this is a PVE server sir most people play here because they want to PVE. People play on a PVE server because they dot like PVP and the trolling/elitism that goes along with it.

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i love the zerg

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

i love the zerg

I love killing the zerglings trying to get back to their blob.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

WVW Zerg/Blob Solution?

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Scaling of lord due to “zerg” nearby would make it impossible to ninja keeps It’s kind of fun when two huge zergs are fighting and then a small group from the third server kills the lord and takes the keep