WVW player VOTE for reset day [strawpoll]

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

@ArenaNet, simply this? Why can’t those that play WvW vote for resets.

As far as i’ve seen no one wants reset on weekend!

Can we please vote? Thank you!
http://strawpoll.me/5736600

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Why only 2 options? I vote for monday.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Blah, no wonder the red names stay away.

Any single change results in mass protest.

Lack of change results in mass protest.

They can’t win.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

They can’t win.

What do they expect? They are drastically changing the game mode with this “simple” change. We’ve had little to no updates since release and then with the expansion and new WvW content they change the raiding schedule for guilds/ primetime weekend schedule so Fridays are basically useless in this game mode. I’m sure they appreciate the feedback we are giving them on this game mode we love and play because they certainly are showing very little knowledge/understanding of it.

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

They can’t win.

Jayne, sorry, I respect every change, but this is unnecessary change, which will only make people out of habit, people devote their days, people make schedule and apps for WvW, people changed their way of life just to play this game mode as they did for 3 years. They made themselves unnecessary programming changes, and more while they could take additional time to devote to WvW that needs more attention.

We love Friday resets, and we think that WvW reset hour and day, was the LAST thing that we wanted to see, why doesn’t any interact with us and ask us about such things, because this things are WvW player preferences and don’t really effect ArenaNet.

It’s making things even worst for developers, you want to know why?
Because resets have the biggest overheads, biggest dropout and peak of problems which is the worst case scenario for arena net servers, if something goes wrong, they will now have to show up in Saturday to fix the problems, while they could simply have peak on Friday, and fix things then, and be free for weekends with less stress and problems.

It’s their choice, but I feel such decision would be very nice, to have a chat with community, it would mean starts for us, to have this chance, to actually say few things here and there. “Hey community, we would like to know your WvW reset day, pick up your choice, because this brings no drastic changes to use, but since you guys play, it would probably mean world to you to pick favourite choice as one. Love ArenaNet.”

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I didnt think Saturday would get any votes but ofc its bound to fit somebody’s personal schedule.

I wonder if this is more of a casusal vs hard core debate. Those who would rather go to the bar on Friday and want just play for a few hours in the evening vs those who go from bed right to the computer on saturday morning.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You need more options ie moving it to Thursdays or Mondays. Not voting as it stands.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

I didnt think Saturday would get any votes but ofc its bound to fit somebody’s personal schedule.

I wonder if this is more of a casusal vs hard core debate. Those who would rather go to the bar on Friday and want just play for a few hours in the evening vs those who go from bed right to the computer on saturday morning.

I did post it on /r/Guildwars2 reddit, a lot of pve people vote as well, i wanted it to be fair for all. not just those that are already in WvW, but those that intend to join.

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

You need more options ie moving it to Thursdays or Mondays. Not voting as it stands.

Mid week resets are not welcome, wise we can see that from statistics just from our guild over the years.

Mondays 60% attendance of guild mates.
Tuesday 90% attendance of guild mates.
Wednesday 30-35% attendance of guild mates.
Thursday 90% attendance of guild mates.
Friday 90% attendance of guild mates.
Saturday 20% attendance of guild mates.
Sunday (guild meeting only) cca 20% attendance of guild mates.

So just numbers:
MON 60%
TUE 90%
WED 32.5%
THU 90%
FRI 90%
SAT 20%
SUN 20%

This is over 3 years with roster of size between 20 – 60 people variation.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They can’t win.

Well, this change in seemingly a number of people’s eyes seems to be out of the blue. I don’t think I’ve witnessed anyone complaining about Friday being reset night. Now, some people might have that don’t post on the forums, but I think even in that scenario it could use explanation.

Just because people want change doesn’t mean any change is good. Also, consider people that weren’t complaining before that might have preferred or tolerated the status quo and said nothing about it until now.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They can’t win.

Well, this change in seemingly a number of people’s eyes seems to be out of the blue. I don’t think I’ve witnessed anyone complaining about Friday being reset night. Now, some people might have that don’t post on the forums, but I think even in that scenario it could use explanation.

Just because people want change doesn’t mean any change is good. Also, consider people that weren’t complaining before that might have preferred or tolerated the status quo and said nothing about it until now.

You have to admit there’s an awful lot of freaking out that occurs (myself included) to any proposed change in the past three years before it’s even implemented.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They can’t win.

You have to admit there’s an awful lot of freaking out that occurs (myself included) to any proposed change in the past three years before it’s even implemented.

I don’t really dispute that, and it’s possible proof that for whatever bad state WvW is in, the status quo still manages to satisfy some folks (that are still playing, like myself).

Still though I’m not really opposed to this change or many others but I’d just like to know what’s going on and why they thought it was a good idea. You have an idea, you should have to create an argument for why it’s a good idea. Now surely it’s not my game to decide what happens and if it’s because it was in their mood to do so, I’d probably settle for that. But explanations are still desired and this will impact people’s schedules so if they’re upset, I think it’s understandable.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Personally I’d like to see two resets per week, one on Saturday and one on Wednesday but until then, Saturday sounds like a fun little experiment in change. Now if only WvW players could handle that.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Synosius.9876

They can’t win.

the problem is obvious… we havent complained enough.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They can’t win.

I don’t really dispute that, and it’s possible proof that for whatever bad state WvW is in, the status quo still manages to satisfy some folks (that are still playing, like myself).

Still though I’m not really opposed to this change or many others but I’d just like to know what’s going on and why they thought it was a good idea. You have an idea, you should have to create an argument for why it’s a good idea. Now surely it’s not my game to decide what happens and if it’s because it was in their mood to do so, I’d probably settle for that. But explanations are still desired and this will impact people’s schedules so if they’re upset, I think it’s understandable.

I think that’s absolutely fair.

I just wish we would all couch our interaction this way. Not the typical knee-jerk, y’know?

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

They can’t win.

And who’s fault is that?

They neglected WvW since launch, not us!
We’ve given them great ideas, but they implemented their own awful ideas instead.
Any red post will be met with much criticism now, even if it’s the best thing for WvW. We simply do not believe in Anet any more.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

They can’t win.

And who’s fault is that?

We’ve given them great ideas, but they implemented their own awful ideas instead.
Any red post will be met with much criticism now, even if it’s the best thing for WvW. We simply do not believe in Anet any more.

I think “we” have given them some ideas, yeah. Personally I feel most of them are not nearly as good as many think. Many of them were down right bad ideas.

None the less, the WvW scoring week will have the same amount of days in it either way. it seems to me that way too many are over reacting, as well as putting to much artificial value on playing at reset.

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Yep, I agree can you push them to provide an explanation. As I’ve been saying if its due to them wanting to ensure reset is unaffected by patches then its probably an understandable reason.

However as an OCX player the game mode is reaching crisis point, until HOT release there is very little OCX action happening happening in T1 NA at all and this change affects OCX most of all therefore they risk the OCX pop pretty much dying off with such changes. This has to be taken into account.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They can’t win.

And who’s fault is that?

Naw, we have exhausted every single person they’ve sent out to “communicate” with us.

I still miss Habib, you big meanies.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Mid week resets are not welcome, wise we can see that from statistics just from our guild over the years.

Mondays 60% attendance of guild mates.
Tuesday 90% attendance of guild mates.
Wednesday 30-35% attendance of guild mates.
Thursday 90% attendance of guild mates.
Friday 90% attendance of guild mates.
Saturday 20% attendance of guild mates.
Sunday (guild meeting only) cca 20% attendance of guild mates.

So just numbers:
MON 60%
TUE 90%
WED 32.5%
THU 90%
FRI 90%
SAT 20%
SUN 20%

This is over 3 years with roster of size between 20 – 60 people variation.

My guild has 100% on mondays. Guess we should do it that day and everyone else can go kitten themselves right?

There are 7 days in a week.
Can we please vote? Thank you!

in WvW

morrolan.9608

Naw, we have exhausted every single person they’ve sent out to “communicate” with us.

I still miss Habib, you big meanies.

You can only argue that about Habib and Devon and its arguable about Devon given his communication was so poor. Since then the extremely rare communication hasn’t been treated all that badly.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

They can’t win.

And who’s fault is that?

Ya know I have tried and tried to figure out this change. The whys of it. The are two things I can come up with.

One is that on Friday, October 23rd they want everyone to be in PvE doing Jungle work. Regardless of what people want to play they want your kitten in the jungle.

Two is that they know for a fact that there are going to HAVE to be hotfix after hotfix for super bugs that crop up from launch of the new borderland and the new zone, and by putting reset off a day they can concentrate on the jungle Friday and WvW on Saturday. This makes sense in that apparently the WvW available on Friday will be beta-ing the new desert borderland, and will have zero effect on anything.

If two is the reason then I would hope that a permanent change to Saturday reset would be unnecessary, but it looks like Saturday will be the new, permanent reset night.

ANet makes a fundamental change for a group of players that already feel abandoned and undervalued without any input from said group? Yeah, they get mad.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Don’t forget our OCX buddies. They live in the future, so it’s Sunday for them. Pretty crumby to have most of their weekend consist of the end of a match while they’ll have work the day after reset.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

Synosius.9876

None the less, the WvW scoring week will have the same amount of days in it either way. it seems to me that way too many are over reacting, as well as putting to much artificial value on playing at reset.

you are right, it doesnt make any difference mechanically at all and it is indeed artificial value but friday reset has become our tradition. its more than just some arbitrary day just like a national anthem is more than just a song.

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

They can’t win.

And who’s fault is that?

Let me put it this way, I don’t want to sound rude, not at all, I’m just how our communication between ArenaNet and GW2 community is going. I’ve played many of MMOs and Many of NON-MMO games, and i can say, many company’s offer better communication, they often release Question-Form to fill in some gaming experience, how do you feel, what do you feel that we can do better, where are we short.

With other words 20% community driven development, where community helps to build future, because only they/we know the best, how things work in reality as a Guild wars 2 WvW player.

It’s not a secret that we could use some talk with ArenaNet from time to time, and we all know, that we would have 99.9% less toxic, rent, complain and desperate topics about GW2WvW aspect. Just ask us how we are doing from time to time, after all we are human as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Please keep resets to NA friday

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Firelysm.4967

you are right, it doesnt make any difference mechanically at all and it is indeed artificial value but friday reset has become our tradition. its more than just some arbitrary day just like a national anthem is more than just a song.

I sign under this. People that don’t play WvW a lot will never understand us.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

He’s not right at all. And it’s much more than tradition.

1. The weekends is when a lot of players actually have time to play.
  2. Reset and the days right after reset are when matches are “meaningful” as the scores are 0-0-0 and everyone starts out on an even footing. This is when people have fun.
  3. The days before reset are meaningles because the results have long since been determined. This is when people k-train.

You want to match 1 with 2, not 1 with 3.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Some explanations as to why they make such changes would be more then welcome.

Rather then the usual “Ok guys we decided to make x change deal with it, kthxbye”.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

He’s not right at all. And it’s much more than tradition.

You are confusing your subjective opinion with objective fact. For one, he stated the mechanical facts of the matter, and you seem to believe you can declare him wrong simply because it isn’t what you want. That is neither reasonable, nor is it constructive for the conversation

1. The weekends is when a lot of players actually have time to play.

How would the change prevent anyone from playing on the weekend?

1. Reset and the days right after reset are when matches are “meaningful” as the scores are 0-0-0 and everyone starts out on an even footing. This is when people have fun.

I have fun every generally every time I log into WvW. Not sure how you are gauging this, but it appears your suggesting players do not have fun outside of reset nights. In my experience, that is not accurate.

Every point earned is meaningful. If a server scores more points the day before reset, then they do on reset night, then it is quit literally more meaningful then reset night, score wise. You are simply creating and projecting value onto a reset night, that doesn’t exist. Reset has no more value then any other day.

1. The days before reset are meaningles because the results have long since been determined. This is when people k-train.

Well, that is not factual accurate, the meaningless part that is. As pointed out above, if you build up more points on one of those days, as a server, then your server did on reset night, then it is a fact that it was more meaningful.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Friday is better than Saturday. I speculate with this change that Friday to Saturday will be EotM in WvW.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

The straw poll seems in favor of keeping it as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Well I didn’t see the day I wanted so I didn’t vote.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDeath.4398

BlackDeath.4398

This is ridiculous :/ so you are telling me after my suggestions on other posts that have been ignored may I add…. you are now going to ruin one of the most fun days on WvW because of your incapabilities to maintain your system?!
Probably only to keep your precious pve players happy because they purchase most gems or something..

WvW is greatest thing in this game ( as any wvw player would say.. ) but the community is getting ignored completely.

There is no difference between sorting our your crap on friday or saturday morning, what you will do is get non wvw players on to turn it into edge of the mist \o/ happy days!

And please don’t act like you don’t disrupt the resets, 10 minutes in:
" Your game will restart in 10 minutes because we’ve kittened something up in pve "

It’s not only on this forum, every1 is going crazy, so multiply the comments you find on here by 2 please.

in WvW

Puck.9612

Well I didn’t see the day I wanted so I didn’t vote.

same.
It’s funny to me that the op is getting so bent out of shape about this change, but isn’t willing to include the days of the week that don’t work best for him.

in WvW

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

I like this idea, this means that in a close matchup that you have a chance on Friday night and Saturday to make an attempt to catch up and you still have Saturday night and Sunday to “build your lead” for the week.

in WvW

Synosius.9876

Straw poll strongly indicates Friday is preferred.

What will anet do

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What will anet do

Are you sure that its Saturday that ppl are going after or the earlier reset time during Saturday?

So i think its a numbers game not every one can play Friday night but a lot more ppl can play Saturday. Changes is scary but every thing will change in time you cant think things will stay the same forever.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

According to the vast majority of people indicated in this pole (77% at the time I am making this reply) this idea to change the reset time is clearly vastly un-popular. I could write an essay on why, but if you only read the replies on your thread this is quoted from, and the previous replies in this thread, everything has been said already.

People love playing during reset and in the few days following. Most poeple are able to play the most during the weekend, and thanks to this new change you’ve manage to cut the weekend in half. Essentially people (in America) are going to come home from work on a friday at the end of the week, and there will be no point playing in WvW due to it being dead at the end of the match up. This means Friday is essentially a wasted day for people in the US. For people Like me who are in the SEA timezone, its even worse, we miss out on Friday and Saturday without reset.

TL DR
Don’t change reset time, listen to the players. Please.

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

They can’t win.

While it is true that change will never make everyone happy, it is also true that extremely bad changes will make many people unhappy. This is an extremely bad change.

As far using this to justify why red names stay away, that is hardly fair. The very reason why people protest so much to begin with on an epic scale is that it is the only way to get them to pay attention to a game mode and community the continue to neglect.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

They can’t win.

While it is true that change will never make everyone happy, it is also true that extremely bad changes will make many people unhappy. This is an extremely bad change.

As far using this to justify why red names stay away, that is hardly fair. The very reason why people protest so much to begin with on an epic scale is that it is the only way to get them to pay attention to a game mode and community the continue to neglect.

So you’re justifying yelling and screaming as a means to get their attention?

Interesting.

in WvW

Jski.6180

They can’t win.

That the thing the most numbers of ppl would to make happily would be able to make it to reset IS Saturday over Friday night. I get Friday night is an event for ppl but over all the ppl who can play Friday night can also play Saturday but ppl who can only make it to Saturday cant play Friday night. So trying to be a real game changer to make the community bigger swapping it to Saturday is the best chose. Now having it too early for some time zones maybe a real problem and what ppl should be realy talking about.

in WvW

Puck.9612

What will anet do

Are you sure that its Saturday that ppl are going after or the earlier reset time during Saturday?

So i think its a numbers game not every one can play Friday night but a lot more ppl can play Saturday. Changes is scary but every thing will change in time you cant think things will stay the same forever.

Yeah the earlier reset time is what is killing this change for me. I almost never miss a reset but I’ve got a kid and a life outside of the game, I can’t waste the bulk of my Saturday on this crap.

in WvW

Synosius.9876

What will anet do

Yeah the earlier reset time is what is killing this change for me. I almost never miss a reset but I’ve got a kid and a life outside of the game, I can’t waste the bulk of my Saturday on this crap.

I posted that before seeing the new saturday morning time. I actually made that suggestion in the original red thread, do I win or blame me?!

either way… RIP friday.

in WvW

Jski.6180

What will anet do

I posted that before seeing the new saturday morning time. I actually made that suggestion in the original red thread, do I win or blame me?!

either way… RIP friday.

You mean gvg Fridays! I think its going to be a great way to start the weeks aggression and should start the “tempo” for the weeks wvw match up.
You jumped us during the last week so lets settle it in GvG GH or open wvw gvg! If one team wins out and we fight them the week after they may get jumped agent causing all the more drama and more gurgle matches.

Right now if you wipe ppl in wvw they want a gvg right now but that dose take away from ppt and messes up raids for the night you can make Friday the default time for these type of fights. A kind of unspoken rule of wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Doug.4930

Doug.4930

They can’t win.

So you’re justifying yelling and screaming as a means to get their attention?

Interesting.

Well seeing as it’s how many years into the development it is, and only now have Anet added anything to WvW. If kicking and screaming took this long to work, I shudder how long talking normaly would have taken.

Btw Anet plz look at poll.
K thxs bye.

Doug The Unseen Of Homefront Defenders [HD]

Jade Quarry’s dedicated Roaming/Havoc Squad Guild

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

So I can vote from my laptop, my phone (has its own data connection), my work laptop (has its own data connection), my work phone (has its own data connection), my wifes phone (has its own data connection), my wifes work phone (has its own data connection), and my wifes work laptop (has its own data connection), perhaps grab one or two of my kids phones to vote as well?

Hmm, doesn’t seem like a secure way to judge what players want if I can cast 10 votes of my own, without even bothering with IP manipulation.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: ThisIsFkinMine.1356

ThisIsFkinMine.1356

I don’t see how changing the reset day should change the way of any matchup. What’s the point of changing the reset day ??? People who aren’t able to play on weekend will still not play on a weekend and people who can’t play on week days will still not play on week days. People will still log on during their usual times and put in their effort on those times just as they have for the past 3 years.

This is such a pointless discussion.

/edit: as long as the match ups stay exactly a week, this topic is really not worth any discussion. Just think about it. If as mentioned in an above post the weekly reset would be switched to three resets a week, then the votes would matter ( not saying it’s a good idea ) , but if it stays a set interval like 1 week or 1 month or something like that it just wouldn’t make any difference.

(edited by ThisIsFkinMine.1356)