WVW server rotation, please can we have more?

in WvW

Posted by: Daywalker.5346

Daywalker.5346

Hi, i am a original Guild wars player having started playing Guildwars2 about 6 months ago. In this time i have leveled 2 characters to lvl 80 and have 3 other characters on the go, i have found the pve section quite boring compared to the original game but found this great WVW section. So i have read some of the forum posts about WVW likes and dislike and agree and disagree with some of them, but none to any to great a degree to mention. What i would like to know however is with all the servers that i have found listed below taking part in WVW why is it that i as a Yaks bend player i seem to always be getting beaten on by either Stormbluff Isle or Fort Aspenwood. I hear my guildies and server players saying that these 2 servers outnumber us by a ridicules number and that the WVW doesn’t actually balance numbers fairly. So why is this, i would love to play some of these other servers and for the numbers on the server to be somewhat equal.

Blackgate = Never Played them
Jade Quarry = Never Played them
Sanctum of Rall = Never Played them
Fort Aspenwood = Have had them kill me many times
Tarnished Coast = Never Played them
Sea of Sorrows = Never Played them
Stormbluff Isle = Have had them kill me many times
Maguuma = Have had them kill me many times
Yak’s Bend = Own server
Dragonbrand = Never Played them
Ehmry Bay = Have had them kill me many times
Borlis Pass = Have had them kill me many times
Isle of Janthir = Never Played them
Henge of Denravi = Never Played them
Crystal Desert = Never Played them
Ferguson’s Crossing = Never Played them
Gate of Madness = Never Played them
Anvil Rock = Never Played them
Darkhaven = Never Played them
Northern Shiverpeaks = Never Played them
Sorrow’s Furnace = Never Played them
Eredon Terrace = Never Played them
Kaineng = Never Played them
Devona’s Rest = Never Played them

Wow this shocked me even more after i typed it all out surly you can see that there is something wrong here.

Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

You want to play JQ? You realize they’d crush you, right? You want to play Kaineng? You realize you’d crush them, right? Where’s the fun in that for Kaineng?

in WvW

Posted by: Daywalker.5346

Daywalker.5346

Becka, i don’t realize any off the statements you just made, because there is no explanation as to why, just like yourself, no explanation why, is it to do with numbers of players, if so that would relate to my mention of balancing the numbers more equal in any sever at one time. I don’t mind being outnumbered by 10 players but to be outnumbered by 50 players is crazy.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups

There is a reason servers often end up having the same opponents. It doesn’t take a great deal of intelligence to work out what that is…..

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Maybe you do not know that servers have a Glicko rating (similar to chess-players having an ELO number). This represents manpower over 24/7 very well and a higher rating therefore means you are outnumberred most time of the day. Match-Making is based on this rating and some small random variation (approx. + / – 90 random modification)
On https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/ you sse the official (but only at match-end updated) version of ANet
On http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups you can see the life updated version.

Maybe that explains why you meet some (nearby) servers, and some server you may never meet. A rating difference of more than 250 results very likely a blowout (e.g. the enemy has build waypoints in “your keeps” and farms you at your spawn) match for the lower server.

Color assignement: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/When-does-the-worlds-change-colors/3467650

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Krabathor Deus.5432

Krabathor Deus.5432

Add to this the color rotation too. In YB more than 2 consecutive months being red..