WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

>implying lag didn’t exist until now
>implying ANET isn’t aware of said lag
>implying there aren’t ways of avoiding the lag
>implying that everybody is encountering lag all the time

I can continue if you want, but I think you get my point. The lag has always existed, ANET is aware of this, you can avoid the lag by avoiding large scale battles, and not everybody lags all the time.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

>implying anet cares about his opinion

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

you can avoid the lag by avoiding large scale battles

Not really. If a huge battle is in Stonemist castle, then if you are taking anza or wildcreek or w/e you’ll still have the lag. The only way to totally avoid it is to not play WvW.

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Fanboys can imply what they want, the fact is WvW is now unplayable because of lag.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Large scale battles are horrible. Gonna be interesting when that “other” game is released that is utilizing a more up to date engine that takes advantage of crossfire, etc. alongside Direct X 11 support so the engine will utilize multi core processors.

Supposedly the game has been tested for 100v100 onscreen at the same time with minor hiccups performance wise, can’t wait for beta!

GW2 is a great free 2 play game but no one likes skill lag.

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Skill lag isn’t caused by the performance of your computer, its the server maxing on CPU.

And WvW is far from unplayable.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

WWW unplayable

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

you can avoid the lag by avoiding large scale battles

Not really. If a huge battle is in Stonemist castle, then if you are taking anza or wildcreek or w/e you’ll still have the lag. The only way to totally avoid it is to not play WvW.

Not if you’re on the borderlands. We had full zergs battling each other on the Ebay borderlands in one location, and not a single scrap of lag was seen elsewhere.

[hS]

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Large scale battles are definitely an issue, but I also see this even with no one around sometimes. I have frequently been “locked out” of towers/keeps that my server has, and various other issues. Ill tend to be teleported back after I have been running away from said tower/keep for half a minute and sometimes even more. I dont have to best computer, but I run into the same issues regardless of settings.

GW2 is a great free 2 play game but no one likes skill lag.

GW2 is not free to play. Unless you got the game for free. Free to play means that you can play parts of the game for free (which is why its called “free to play”). There isnt even a free trial, much less entire segments of the game, that someone could play without outlaying money. And, once you have to put out money to play the game in the first place, then it is no longer “free” by definition. This type of game is called “buy to play,” because you have to pay money to get access to the game. And again, seeing as how you have to buy the game, it is not free.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

And WvW is far from unplayable.

I invite you to play EU Tier 1 in prime time and you’ll change your mind

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I have frequently been “locked out” of towers/keeps that my server has, and various other issues. Ill tend to be teleported back after I have been running away from said tower/keep for half a minute and sometimes even more.

I’ve been getting this lately too, even when other players aren’t around.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I have frequently been “locked out” of towers/keeps that my server has, and various other issues. Ill tend to be teleported back after I have been running away from said tower/keep for half a minute and sometimes even more.

I’ve been getting this lately too, even when other players aren’t around.

I’ve even had that happen in open world PvE while doing my daily, and of course I’ve had it happen in WvW.

The client application on your computer can do some things independently of the server, which is why you can sometimes find yourself running around for a short bit while the rest of the game is frozen, both in PvE and in WvW. I’m pretty sure that the frozen part is caused by the merged server capacity of WvW dynamically readjusting itself to a sudden shift in demand from a large fight somewhere, possibly even in a different tier. If the game manages to keep sync with your client you jump. If not, you get kicked back to the character select screen … something I call a soft disconnect.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Cetung Cetungos.1752

Cetung Cetungos.1752

WvW begins to work increasingly worse. Lags are getting larger. Even in Lineage 2 does not have the lag like this. Unnecessarily spent money on this game

Ranger lvl 80 [SURI] Far Shiverpeaks

WWW unplayable

in WvW

Posted by: Nathan Gura.3750

Nathan Gura.3750

Funny, I don’t have any lag issues…

WWW unplayable

in WvW

RyuDragnier.9476

Funny, I don’t have any lag issues…

This in a nutshell whenever no large zergs are around.

[hS]