WXP ranking problem to me

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

First of all, I have to say I like this idea of having special skills in wvw. While new skills (balista mastery the latest) are added gradually, it means we have to play wvw using a main char to take the full benifit of it. People like me who likes to play different professions from time to time are actually weak in terms of those added skills.

For example, if a player has 2000 play hour and only uses 1 char, he probably has rank 200+ and have maxed a lot of skills (include the skills that boost stats). If I have the same 2000 play hour but spread them amoung 8 characters/professions, I have only 25 ranks each and have little skills. It totally makes me feel like a noob and at a great disadvantage. Especially now we have this rating system and sometimes fight tough opponents that you have to play defense and don’t have karma train for weeks. Leveling is such a pain.

It kind of remind me why I stopped playing diablo 3. They have this fix level 60 then they add another 100 level for you to grind. And I had 5 different classes at lv 60 that need to be leveled, which is such a pain and too much for me. I pretty much only play wvw now for gw2 and it seems it’s a long road now to become useful to the server before I have a first fully leveled up main, which is the same troublesome feeling. But I can’t because I only play the game for its diversity of playing different profs. And I can’t pick one as a main because they are all good in a way. So now I am stuck and I can’t help feeling going towards super casual mode for the game.

It’s possible that I am a minority who play games this way. Maybe most wvw players only focus on one main so this is not an issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

There are no good reason why WXP or the commander title are character bound. WXP ranks, WXP and the commander title should be account bound.

A lot of people, including me, already discussed about this before Arenanet introduced WXP.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

“ANet made me pick a main and I’m upset about that.”

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

Its god like it is.
You earn the rank with your char and get benefits from it. Why the hell should a twink get all the stuff you earnd with other chars? If so why not get all classes to lvl 80 when you reach with 1 class lvl80

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Its god like it is.
You earn the rank with your char and get benefits from it. Why the hell should a twink get all the stuff you earnd with other chars? If so why not get all classes to lvl 80 when you reach with 1 class lvl80

You dont make sense, might as well make the sPvP rank character bound, cuz why be e.g. rank 50 when u log on ur necro while uve played 99% warrior ?
WvW rank should be no different, ESPECIALLY if you get wvw bonuses which require a kitten load of points tbh, casual players who play on 5-6 chars in wvw will have like 20 points on each char and its really pointless…

WvW level should be account wide no question about it, there is no good reason for it being character bound, there really isnt. It is so hard to make alts already anyway, ascended items taking months to get, fotm ranks char bound also etc.

As mainly a wvw player I already have 2 characters I use for wvw and tbh I want to make another one, but this awful system stops me from doing that tbh, ill be losing out on nice bonuses etc. Horrible idea.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in WvW

Posted by: Merrikk.6790

Merrikk.6790

It would be great if each of our characters could set the wxp abilities independently, but would be awesome if the rank levels were account bound. If this was changed, I would also then like the ability to see the ranks of players on my server so I could see who is a new player and may need coaching.

I really want the world experience to be account bound to help commanders see who is experienced and who isn’t on their server.

Yak’s Bend [LOOT][POV]

in WvW

Posted by: AndyS.6079

AndyS.6079

Ranks, WXP, Commander should be account bound, not as it is now.
Those who have spent many hours in battles with different characters, in fact lost some experience and titles which they might be after the WWW update.
I believe that combining of experience and, thus, WWW achievements solves the situation with advanced WWW players.

Deja Vu [RU] / Cemetery of Fatal Errors [CoFE] on Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

And it’s a gamer right to be.

I dislike palying the same profession for more than a week straight, i like variety.

Yet getting some gear for all of my chars is a chore, Wxp is char based and icing on cake, if i ever get to commander tag it will be char based too.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Its god like it is.

why should someone survive 20m fall?

in WvW

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

You dont make sense, might as well make the sPvP rank character bound, cuz why be e.g. rank 50 when u log on ur necro while uve played 99% warrior ?

Just wanted to say I would really like this. I have like 3000 games on necro and about 50 on guardian. I hate being the worst rank 40+ guard ever when I’m trying to pick up a new profession.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Its god like it is.

You see, much as it would make my life easier if WvW XP was account-based, I think this makes sense! Commander tag is something different and I really think that should be account-based. But the fact that developing an alt is already a time consuming process just makes earning each chars wXP more justifiable IMO. Tough, but true

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Would love to see Bronze Assaulter commander uplevelled running around… Lol.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Only enemies could see that. You cannot see WXP ranks on your allies. WXP rank have low relevance to player’s ability to play. Many got high WXP ranks just by following the karma train or sitting by a superior AC.

While I prefer to level up my characters to level 80 and gear them properly before entering WvWvW, I have actually seen a good commander on our server to use an upleveled guardian. He had commander tag on also another level 80 character. I don’t see anything bad with it. The game scales the low level characters pretty well to level 80. The only important thing you’re missing is traits. A person’s ability to lead has very little to do with his character.

I know a good thief commander and couple of engineer commanders. I use engineer when commanding as well, but I am more of a solo roamer. Now that my new computer can actually handle the massive zergs without a dramatic framerate drop, I could command more (yes, the change is dramatic from 1-2 fps to 30-60 fps even when there is 100 players on screen).

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

I have 8 alts and i support the OP.

If i had to choose a main to play i would have quit gw2 already.

With the introduction of applied stacks for ranks, im now being actively punished stat wise for not picking a main.

Make wxp account bound, if pvp ranks are account bound i see no technical or gameplay reason why wxp isnt.

Meega Kweesta

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I kinda like how commander is character bound, lets people build identities others can see in WvW.

I don’t see any reason why the WvW ranks are character bound though. It really does punish those who can’t stop playing alts (I only play one character but have friends who can’t commit).

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Havana.8625

Havana.8625

ANet shouldn’t be forcing people to pick a main. I got all 8 professions to 80 right away, then found out I liked half of them more. Now I play those four regularly, but never play one profession for more than a week. It really stinks in WvW. It’s not quite as bad yet in PvE (though it might change with ascended armor.) It’s fine in PvP.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success.
(Please no gear treadmills, Colin!)

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Yep pretty much. I have no reason to level alts now, it makes me feel I’m loosing time I could be spending rising the rank on my ‘main’. Should be account bound, same with the commander title.

in WvW

Posted by: Oroibahazopi.9074

Oroibahazopi.9074

hey youre lucky, they just changed it so that you can’t use crafting to lvl alts so you have to grind it the long way

also getting your exotic gear is going to be harder since gold income is going to be nerfed with the dungeon changes

also to get the best gear to be competitive in the wvw pvp you have to go through time gated crap for every char with the extra ascended gear

esports

in WvW

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

hey youre lucky, they just changed it so that you can’t use crafting to lvl alts so you have to grind it the long way
esports

Well, I actually never use crafting as the means of leveling. My first char guardian was leveled by map pve all the way to 80 and is the only char that has world completion atm. Then I started playing WvW at that time and felt WvW was good for me to continue playing gw2. Then I started to feel like to play other professions for zerg sup/breaking so I started leveling others all in WvW after they are lv 10+ in pve.

Note that wxp system only came out when I was on my leveling the 3rd char. So my first 2 chars has little wxp even now (even though I am good at using them comparing to other chars). And currently my highest rank char is at lv 40 XD. It’s a joke really. I have so little skill points to be good explained below.

Before they have wxp skills system, I never hesitate to use any kind of siege when a building is under attack. I will quickly grab mortar/treb/cata at sight and shoot them asap (ac is not my favorate probably because everyone can use it easily). I am very good at these long range sieges (80% chance to hit target on first shot, 100% after first usually). With the wxp system, I find myself not using them anymore. Simply because I feel someone else nearby who has those siege mastery should/might want to use them. And it usually ends up someone else who has bad shots using them from time to time. And I just watch them do it. So I am a defense guy who is afraid of using sieges because I have no mastery and little chance getting wxp playing defense. That’s why I feel this is a broke.

So you might say why not pick 1 char to specialize 1 skill mastery at a time, so each of different chars has different mastery maxed. Honestly I don’t think this will work. A lot of battles are situational. If you have to switch to another char and run back to battlefield, I am afraid the battle is over usually.

I am just glad some people feel the same way too. Thx for your input.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

It should be account bound. I haven’t touched an alt in WvW since they released the wvw abilities, and that is going to reduce my over-all time I spend on the game long term.

Once I get bored with this character in WvW, I’m done.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

The ppl claiming character bound WXP has a reason to be there should list those reasons (or did I overread a post where this was done?). I find no point in making them character bound for the reasons already said several time before me.

Mainly the problem is that you punish players with multiple alts (as I am one of those players). The different build argument is wierd, for a player who only play with one character has all the WXP on that character instead of having them spread arround, making him able to have all the different “builds” on one character.

I saw upleveled generals already in WvW… karma train gets u anywhere apearently.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Ceithlenn.8430

Ceithlenn.8430

+1 for making WXP account wide

Ceithlenn – Necromancer
Hell’s Disciples [HD] – Commander
Henge Of Denravi since beta

in WvW

Posted by: ClanSilmarillion.4091

ClanSilmarillion.4091

Another +1 for account wide WXP

@UW (guess not for long)

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Masteries are a form of power creep, and they have been since their inception in WvW. In terms of equity, Wexp/levels is equity that only increases with time because there are no proper sinks for it (mastery skills are not sinks because they, and the power they grant, only increase with time). Once players max the existing masteries out and ANet runs out of ideas for unique skills, we can probably expect tier 2 masteries and then eventually super tier X masteries and so forth dolled out to keep player interest. This is why I quit as soon as the system was announced.

Making the system account bound would alleviate the grind and that would be wonderful for the player. However, it would go against the purpose of the system, which is to make the player grind even more.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)