Wait..What? I won?!

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

I’m still a total noob in WVW, and I die A LOT. The only time I’ve ever killed anyone was when I had someone with me to help out.

But then I tweaked my Warrior for constant healing, condition cleanse, and condition damage (As much “Rabid” gear as I could get.) So I was running around solo last night and I got attacked by a Guardian. I figured, like always, “OK, let’s see how fast I die this time.” Except…I didn’t die. I just kept switching from my swords to LB to swords again, using shouts to clear conditions and keep myself alive, and it felt weird not going down right away. I wasn’t even looking at her health, since I figured my own death was inevitable. And then suddenly SHE dropped. I guess all that fire, poison and bleeding finally did its work. While she was fighting me from the downed state, another player attacked me (not sure what class). And after about 30 seconds THEY went down too!

About 20 minutes later an elementalist attacked me and HE went down, but by the time his friend arrived to help out I was almost dead, so I went down quickly at that point.

It just inspires some confidence once you make your first build that is strong enough to take someone down 1 vs 1, even if its only 1 time. Trust me, it wasn’t skill, as I’m pretty bad at this game. I only point this out for other players out there who may be very new to WVW like I am. You CAN get better over time. And I’ve also realized that going all “glass” in WVW can put up impressive damage numbers, but it doesn’t keep you alive very well (at least not if you’re new like me). Anyway, FINALLY having a positive outcome to a small battle is a big confidence booster, and now I look forward to exploring some more.

Thanks for all the good advice you Vets have given over the past few weeks!

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

I… I think this is how condi bunker /laugh spammers are born.

Might want to steer clear of that route, OP.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Passive builds pay off. But don’t get used to them, because Anet doesn’t like passive play.

/sarcasm

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

(edited by Menzies The Heretic.3415)

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Passive builds pay off. But don’t get used to them, because Anet doesn’t like passive play.

Ah so that’s why they nerfed power builds? No wait…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

There is a small superhero in all of us, yours just broke free! Well done!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Ah so that’s why they nerfed power builds? No wait…

Sorry, forgot the /sarcasm tag. I’ll fix it right away.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Sorry, forgot the /sarcasm tag. I’ll fix it right away.

Just making sure… I know some people who seriously think that playing condi build is hard.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: klep.4165

klep.4165

OP: Congrats! (now it is 15 characters!)

Wait..What? I won?!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Just making sure… I know some people who seriously think that playing condi build is hard.

I never could get into any of my condi builds because of the high cheese effect. Apply conditions, kite, kite, kite, apply conditions, some more kiting…. oh crap that DPS build is on top of me… oh thats right I have am also super tanky or can easily slink away.

I have gone back to high DPS power builds… they are just way more fun.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”