Warbringer will take a lot of time

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The precursor acquisition of the Warbringer will take a lot of time, especially for new players who enters WvW with a low rank and earning less pips than regular to full-time WvW players that are high ranked and earn more pips.
Buying the 4 parts needed for the precursor Warcry will cost a player 2450 WvW claim tickets and for the essence of annihilation 350. So in total you will be needing 2800 WvW claiming tickets. The reason it will take so much of the player’s time is because you can only earn 175 claim tickets per week. Because of this, obtaining Warcry will take 16 whole active weeks of WvW and maybe even you wont be online for a week or you don’t have much time in a week which leaves you to be unable to obtain 175 in that week… which means it could also take more than 16 weeks (4 months)!
And it could also be worse. Since the patch, the queue of WvW has been increased by a superior amount and i have read that a lot of players waiting for like an hour or 2 to play WvW and earn the pips and WvW claim tickets.
I like the look of this legendary backpack and i really want to obtain it…but i fear that after 5-6 weeks i will pretty much lose focus and ambition on this backpack due to it taking so long and move on to an other goal or spend time on something else, which i am also pretty sure i am not the only one who will quit grinding for the backpack after quite some time.
I have crafted Ad Iinfinitum some time ago and the road to getting those fractal pages wasn’t so pleasant, but that took 37 days for me (28 days for people who did 100 CM daily which i didn’t do)(correct me if i am wrong) and i could stand for that… But 4 months or 16 weeks ? That is just way too much for one legendary.

So, something you may have missed from Ad Infinitum is that it requires you to also make the other fractal backpacks which cost 2 stacks of ectos, not cheap for someone who is new to fractals. Also some of the pages and challenges required a decent amount of skill and a certain AR levels which again if you’re just starting out on it requires you to get ascended gear then the infusions. This is without mentioning that for a long time when the legendary fractal backpack was released you could only get 2 pages a day so it took 2 weeks for a journal, 6 weeks minimum + we couldn’t actually make the legendary for some time.

All in all warbringer will probably take a bit longer to get but it will also be one of the cheaper backpacks because so much of it is based on playing WvW. I know a silver rank player (700ish) that was finishing her platinum chest last night, that’s just over 24hrs from reset. It helps we’re coming 1st and 2nd a lot. I say take longer, it will still be completed quicker than any others because it’s actually able to be made upon release unlike the others and isn’t artificially time gated behind seasons.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

The precursor acquisition of the Warbringer will take a lot of time, especially for new players who enters WvW with a low rank and earning less pips than regular to full-time WvW players that are high ranked and earn more pips.
Buying the 4 parts needed for the precursor Warcry will cost a player 2450 WvW claim tickets and for the essence of annihilation 350. So in total you will be needing 2800 WvW claiming tickets. The reason it will take so much of the player’s time is because you can only earn 175 claim tickets per week. Because of this, obtaining Warcry will take 16 whole active weeks of WvW and maybe even you wont be online for a week or you don’t have much time in a week which leaves you to be unable to obtain 175 in that week… which means it could also take more than 16 weeks (4 months)!
And it could also be worse. Since the patch, the queue of WvW has been increased by a superior amount and i have read that a lot of players waiting for like an hour or 2 to play WvW and earn the pips and WvW claim tickets.
I like the look of this legendary backpack and i really want to obtain it…but i fear that after 5-6 weeks i will pretty much lose focus and ambition on this backpack due to it taking so long and move on to an other goal or spend time on something else, which i am also pretty sure i am not the only one who will quit grinding for the backpack after quite some time.
I have crafted Ad Iinfinitum some time ago and the road to getting those fractal pages wasn’t so pleasant, but that took 37 days for me (28 days for people who did 100 CM daily which i didn’t do)(correct me if i am wrong) and i could stand for that… But 4 months or 16 weeks ? That is just way too much for one legendary.

Queues depend on the server and the time slot now I think. About the only one that queues on CD any more is EBG and that even depends on the time and if it is reset night.

As far as the time gated grind, I’m pretty sure Anet’s reasoning is to get people into WvW and keep them there for awhile in the hopes that they will get to where they enjoy the game mode and stay. If there wasn’t a grind; it’d be nothing more than a faster revolving door of come in, get the shiny & then leave.

Legendaries are about not about instant gratification. They are meant to be a long term goal. My legendary weapon was the end product of 3.5 years of working on and off for it. It was pretty much just an expensive, time consuming skin at that point because I was already running multiple ascended weapons.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Yes. It will take a lot of time. If you lose focus over 4 months then likely the game mode isn’t for you.

If you can’t play often enough to get the max tickets each week, then it takes longer.

A lot of people who have prioritized WvW as their primary game mode see no problem with the wait. We have waited for years for something… anything from WvW. We even note that we play because we enjoy the game mode. We don’t play for the agonies. (Meant shinies but had to leave the other word because reasons)

I have made 4 ascended back pieces which is most of what I need for WvW depending on my build, and I was able to do that from the tracks. Which took me about 6 months of playing WvW. Could have farmed the mats in the maps faster, but again, I made it by playing my favorite game mode.

If the game mode isn’t for you, then forget the shiny. If it’s what you really want, you’ll play the mode.

And yes, it takes a while

in WvW

Posted by: KurokawaKazuma.8641

KurokawaKazuma.8641

Hmm i guess you are right that it takes a while. Guess i will be having to play WvW for a long time :P

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yep it will take a while, but if you enjoy this it won’t be such a big deal. Have a whole week to get those pips.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Yes. It will take a lot of time. If you lose focus over 4 months then likely the game mode isn’t for you.

This ^ if you are grinding for the skins you are doing it wrong, play the game mode for the fun it is and aquire them as you go.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

WvW… 4 months of grinding for 1 legendary back item.

PvE… 4 months of grinding raids for 1 set of legendary armor.

Balance…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: TenthLife.5724

TenthLife.5724

Add to that an extra juicy 300 gold for acquiring the ‘Commanders wings of war’, as you need a commander icon to obtain it. Like every scrub in wvw really need a dorito running around..
Not complaining, just a rather silly addition to the grind, as you don’t really get ‘rich’ in wvw unless super lucky or just don’t spend any gold. (And no, I don’t tend to pve farm for gold, as limited time gaming I have to choose where I spend my time).

in WvW

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Yes, and so did Ascension for PvPers. You couldn’t technically do it in one PvP season so it was minimum 8 weeks,more like 12 weeks and then you even had a month break between the seasons. At least in WvW you’re playing and always making progress,not being barred by stupid time-gating.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Balance…

There has never and will never be a balance between WvW and PVE, they are completely different game modes, so your attempt at sarcasm fails.

(edited by Vavume.8065)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Balance…

Are we counting the full year we had to wait for it to be added to the game when we had started the collection?

in WvW

Posted by: rechner.1408

rechner.1408

Balance…

Are we counting the full year we had to wait for it to be added to the game when we had started the collection?

at least u can get a legi armor in pve try to get it in wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Balance…

There has never and will never be a balance between WvW and PVE, they are completely different game modes, so your attempt at sarcasm fails.

Nah, my attempt, to point out the silliness of it all, passed! 100%!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

What about pieces from other game mode? Should anet move complete Legendary armor to 1st wing raid on first try? Or move Ad Infinitum to 1st tier FoTM? Or change The Ascension to only 1 season token required?

Each game mode has it own reward. Which has it own hard way to get.

Just keep it that way please.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Balance…

I believe;

1. that it isn’t really helpful to spread the legendary gear through the various game-modes. Although I can understand that they want to promote a variety of playstyles, it means that people have to play game-modes they’re not as fond of.
  2. there will, over time, be further ways to acquire legendary gear from each of the various game-modes – thus finally allowing people to play as they like.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Balance…

Only if you are brand new to wvw prepare for 700 hrs to 30 hrs to hit weekly ticket cap depending on your server and once the loyalty pip has kicked in. (There’s only 168 hrs in a week). Unless u grind for months to rank up just to have it go up by 1 pip. Dunno why players would applaud such a grind.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I am personally glad it will take a lot of time. I have been in wvwvw since GW2’s release and enjoy all aspects of it. The back piece is just a bonus for playing a game mode I really enjoy.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

As a wvw vet, I’ll never get it. Purely because I have a restricted play time during the week (and weekends) these days and because of my play style and class that I play and server that I am on (and q’s at my time that I can play), I generally don’t even complete the second box, so it will be 10-25 tickets a week for me.

If I manage 25 tickets a week that’s 112 weeks- that’s if I manage to complete the second box before it resets and I lose all those pips.

If only I could have been a mindless blobber blobbing and bandwagonning on a spam 1 class…nope.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.