Warrior Defensive Sustain

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I dislike nerfs but the Warrior Defensive Sustain with Durability runes is simply OP. Not just a little OP but seriously OP. A big chunk of their sustain is completely passive allowing the build to take high damage armor sets and still be more bunker than most other classes. The damage window on a heavy armor class with relatively high spike damage shouldn’t be a handful seconds between blocks and invulns.

I know Guardians have a similar, even better bunker capability but they trade off damage to get there. The same can be said for Tempests.

This mostly revolves around Stance builds that often have 80% or longer boon duration. This also hits home with just how OP Durability runes are: 175 toughness, 125 vitality, 20% boon duration AND AoE Protection, Resistance, Regeneration. Name ANY other rune set that bumps stats that high or is even close. If Rune of the Scrapper needed a nerf, Durability needs the nuclear option.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Yeah agreed. I think the resistance proc doesn’t need to be touched, but I think completely removing either the Toughness or Vitality stat from the rune would be a good way to nerf it. People are using Durability in tandem with high DPS sets like Berserker or Marauder while staying tanky as all heck due to how many stats it gives.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

This age old problem of dps warriors still being tanky has nothing do with durability runes really. It’s the healing signet in combination with passive traits. It’s always been that.

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

This age old problem of dps warriors still being tanky has nothing do with durability runes really. It’s the healing signet in combination with passive traits. It’s always been that.

/This

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The age old problem in WvW is that warriors without DPS are only good for bannering. A front-line melee class has to be both tanky and do damage, otherwise there is no use having it outside of the horridly unenjoyable pirate ship wet noodle builds. Going back to the 1 or 2 warriors just for banners wouldn’t be a good thing.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Yeah worker warrior is boring but maybe a PvP character shouldn’t be built like a Mack Truck and hit like one too? If you want the excitement of doing real damage then take some risks and trade something for it.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Yeah worker warrior is boring but maybe a PvP character shouldn’t be built like a Mack Truck and hit like one too? If you want the excitement of doing real damage then take some risks and trade something for it.

If you are full ascended, with the best min/max of stats. runes, and sigils it doesn’t matter what class you play you will trade very little damage to have sustain.

These kinda posts, and comments are often made by people who don’t have great gear, builds, and personal skill as players, who end up getting destroyed by somone on a “insert class” who has all of those things.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Healing Signet hasn’t been overpowered for a long time now. It’s output is surpassed by healing skills on other classes, it can’t deal with bursts, but it can’t be interrupted, which is its strength. Poison still works well against it.

That said, the recently buffed Adrenal Health adds the sustain that the class was sorely lacking (even with Healing Signet). Whether it’s overtuned or not isn’t clear, but it can be a real issue when combined with a heavy sustain build. For that, you need to deny the warrior from landing bursts as much as possible. If that can be prevented (kite, dodge, blind, interrupt, etc), then it will have a huge impact on the warrior’s sustain.

Durability runes sound like they need a clip, given the cross class experience people have been having with them.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

It should do both. Just like other characters hit like a Mack truck from range, or hit like a Mack truck and stealth, or hit like a Mack truck and evade.

The idea that front-line warriors in WvW are playing without risk is utter nonsense. Only warriors have been expected to give up all their damage to survive just so they can pop an elite skill on a long cool down. It’s ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This also hits home with just how OP Durability runes are: 175 toughness, 125 vitality, 20% boon duration AND AoE Protection, Resistance, Regeneration. Name ANY other rune set that bumps stats that high or is even close. If Rune of the Scrapper needed a nerf, Durability needs the nuclear option.

Pack runes provide 175 Power and 125 Precision, so the stat gain is the same. They also add Might, Fury and Swiftness and the duration boost is for Swiftness, not Boons in general, and the 4th rune CD just got a 50% increase (20 to 30). The 3 boons granted by the 25% on hit proc last much less time than the ones granted by Pack runes, so the difference in CD seems warranted.

I don’t believe the Rune by itself is the issue. However, its 20% Boon Duration bonus is likely being stacked with Concentration obtained via Commander’s gear. As is often the case with GW2, it’s the combination that produces the egregious effects. Perhaps it’s Boon Duration in and of itself that needs a look.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Change the boon duration to protection or regeneration duration (like pack is swiftness) for exemple and watch people tossing Durability aside for Leadership.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Prior to HoT and post HoT changes, long Resistance wasn’t part of their Heal and they had no easy way to extend Stance boons. Durability, Gnashblade, Concentration and Commander armor effectively double boon duration while keeping a warrior squarely in the bunker category.

My out of the box version typically fights with 20+ stacks of might, vigor, speed, fury and for most of the fight has stab, regen, prot, retal, quickness and resist running. Add on blocks/invulns… it is a beast that only gets better if around another class throwing off boons often from Durability.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Pack runes provide 175 Power and 125 Precision, so the stat gain is the same. They also add Might, Fury and Swiftness and the duration boost is for Swiftness, not Boons in general, and the 4th rune CD just got a 50% increase (20 to 30). The 3 boons granted by the 25% on hit proc last much less time than the ones granted by Pack runes, so the difference in CD seems warranted.

20% boon duration is equivalent to 135 extra stat points. This rune set is giving around 435 stat points and AoE Regen, Prot, Resist. Add on that a warrior can easily gain double the boon duration meaning they sit on 5s of Protection and Regen with 2s of Resist every 20s. That is over 40% dmg reduction for at least a third of a fight. They can get 100% up time on that just being around a couple other bunkers with the same runes.

They nerfed Scrapper runes because it gave 7% dmg reduction at close range. This build runs 6 times that for a large chunk of the fight at any range. Pack which gives lessor boons IMO got a nerf as well. Exuberance might be close in stats on a Vitality build but it doesn’t have any defensive boons much less AoE versions of them.

Durability is one of the most OP runes that has ever entered the game and that includes pre-nerf Plex.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

This. It’s been like this for a long time, and Anet will not budge on changing the Warrior’s tankiness (which is why there was a joke of them being the dev’s pet). We shouldn’t punish the other classes because they refuse to do anything about the Warrior’s defense.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Choppy.4183

This. It’s been like this for a long time, and Anet will not budge on changing the Warrior’s tankiness (which is why there was a joke of them being the dev’s pet). We shouldn’t punish the other classes because they refuse to do anything about the Warrior’s defense.

You didn’t notice warriors locked in the basement for a long time until recently? Nobody has called warriors “Anet’s pet” for a loooooooong time.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You didn’t notice warriors locked in the basement for a long time until recently? Nobody has called warriors “Anet’s pet” for a loooooooong time.

Because Adrenal Health was nerfed unto nothing. Now that adrenal health is back, all warriors returned to re-embrace their former glory.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Warriors are a feast or famine class. Any time the meta brings external changes that allows them to bridge their sustain downtime, the class becomes a beast. Right now it is probably one of the strongest classes in the game at least certain variations. I was even smacked with 20 stacks of burning from one warrior last night… one tick nearly killed me.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

/This

/That

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

/This

/That

/AndTheOther

in WvW

Choppy.4183

Bois, I know it’s in a strong state again. I was responding to his claim that it is and always has been strong.

in WvW

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Think most of these big dmg high sustain comes from a trait,on CC u get heal “its around 4k i believe” and 1k toughness.It doesnt have CD.Ofc on top of the buffed adrenal healing and healing signet we talking about dps machine with healing of tank.Also it wont change for some time,cause balance patch is behind us.Havent played warrior for some time,but you should be able to get to around 1k healing per second without the on CC trait on “glassie” warrior.

OTAN guild,WSR server