Warrior Vs Guardian in WvW, fun and survival

in WvW

Posted by: Limulus.4380

Limulus.4380

Q:

Which do you enjoy playing most, Warrior or Guardian?

in WvW

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Warrior, man. Guardian probably has more survival right now, but I like a lot of Warrior abilities. Unfortunately, most people using Bull Rush/Frenzy/Hundred Blades are giving us a bad name.

Call me Smith.

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

guardian for sure… all i gotta say is… lol … to that thief that tried to daggerstorm and killed himself before he even got rendered

in WvW

Posted by: AlienMagi.7102

AlienMagi.7102

Proven.2854

They’re giving you a bad name by using a decent DPS technique? What?

I think you’re giving a bad name to yourself being an elitist.

in WvW

Posted by: Palinois.1064

Palinois.1064

Proven.2854

They’re giving you a bad name by using a decent DPS technique? What?

I think you’re giving a bad name to yourself being an elitist.

Think hes talking about the people that “only” use that. It is a good technique but easy to dodge if you know what to look for.

I’d say warrior is good for damage and guardian is good at support but you can build them however you like, Last thing is, In WvW ranged is usualy better that melee, might want to keep that in mind,

in WvW

Posted by: gloombot.3519

gloombot.3519

Guardian for sure.
Causing thieves to kill themselves is so entertaining.

Also, dropping reflection wall on a door being sieged is just LOL with numbers.
You do 10s of thousands of damage every second with that.

You have to spec right though, survivability. That mean Power/Toughness/Heal gear.
Boon time, shouts, and ground targeting consecrations.

Doom Bot – One Man Riot [iRez] – Maguuma – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

So for that Guardian setip, Power/Toughness/Vitality armor is a no go?

My health is so low in Power/Toughness/Heal gear.

in WvW

gloombot.3519

Balance it with some jewelry.
I have 21k health in my Power/Toughness/Heal gear, over 3000 toughness and over 1100 healing power. I can fully heal myself twice in like 30 seconds. So essentially I have 60k health.

in WvW

Posted by: jester.1083

jester.1083

I don’t seem to have an issue with retaliation guardians with my condition thief. All seem to go down eventually with mortal strike poison. I also have enough CC to make you sit still until more people come.

Just my two cents on the people saying how guardians are easily taking out thiefs.

in WvW

gloombot.3519

Guess it depends on the player behind the keyboard. I’ve always either killed thieves, or made them realize their attempts to kill me are so futile they invis and run away eventually.

We should have SO much condition removal and regen that poison and other conditions are non issues. The problem is so many guardians spec for Power/Precision/Crit greatsword burning damage builds, and they’re terrible except in PVE where everything is easy anyways.

Even saw one guy in Lion’s Arch recommend a high condition damage build for guardian… I was like 0.o

(edited by gloombot.3519)

in WvW

Posted by: jester.1083

jester.1083

That being said, I’d have to say that fighting warriors with the thief is much easier than a guardian… The F1 steal on the warrior is literally “Spin to Win” Melee AoE that easily hits up to 8000 damage on a use with all exotic gear, while evading.

in WvW

Posted by: Asilion.9213

Asilion.9213

OT: They need a thief champ in a certain game which can steal a certain champ’s “Spin to Win” ability and use it against them. Kudos Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Rusty.8697

Rusty.8697

I have toughness on everything I wear (Full exotics) and only at 2.4k…how do you have 3k toughness AND 20k hp? screenshots or it didn’t happen.

Silborn, General of Defenders of [Hero]ism

in WvW

Kracin.6078

So for that Guardian setip, Power/Toughness/Vitality armor is a no go?

My health is so low in Power/Toughness/Heal gear.

effective hp is far better than total hp.

i have 15k hp on my guardian and i have no problem taking on more than a couple groups at a time.

im not going to give away what my build is, but you could say that because of the abilities i use all the time, it makes my 15k hp with maximum toughness, basically like having 22k hp all the time. and its much easier to heal, and because its effective hp (lose less, heal more). its much easier to keep yourself at or near max hp, than trying to constantly bring yourself up to 25-26k hp from 10k or so

in WvW

Posted by: Fellwitch.4536

Fellwitch.4536

Gloombot I do not think that is possible. Please post screenshots thanks

in WvW

Kracin.6078

Balance it with some jewelry.
I have 21k health in my Power/Toughness/Heal gear, over 3000 toughness and over 1100 healing power. I can fully heal myself twice in like 30 seconds. So essentially I have 60k health.

this is statistically impossible. stop spreading lies.

with full exotics in power tough healing gear i have no where near those stats lol.

916 is the base stat for these things. and you are already claiming to have gear upped 2094+ toughness… oh boy

on top of have 600+ point in vitality to boot. and traits only give 300 max to each when maxed

(edited by Kracin.6078)

in WvW

Posted by: AnubisXy.5713

AnubisXy.5713

Which do you enjoy playing most, Warrior or Guardian?

Depends.

Guardians biggest weakness in WvW is their range. They have only one 1200 range weapon (the Scepter) and it suffers from certain issues. If you run with the zerg, you’ll frequently notice that you’re having issues tagging enemies and scoring loot bags. You’ll be doing amazing support but… supporting doesn’t give the rewards that damaging enemies does.

If, however, you run with a half-way decent guild, that might not matter too much.

Warriors are probably better if you plan to zerg around with a massive group of people, whereas Guardian is much more fun if you’re part of a well coordinate group and don’t care about loot bags all that much.

in WvW

Kracin.6078

^ anubis has the best explanation.

guardian is by far the better support type, and comes in handy more than a warrior.

but a warrior will be more fun for someone who likes to see big numbers more often. and have a ranged weapon worth a kitten . or two (rifle and long bow)

in WvW

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Warrior. There is nothing wrong with Bullrush+Frenzy+100B. Its actually ideal for WvWvW, as if you go GS/Sword+Shield (+Mobile Strikes) you will be able to charge into “zerg”, kill someone and fly out. Any other weapon or combos wont allow you to do that because, 1. You wont kill anyone fast, or 2. You are not mobile enough to get out once mass zerg targets you down.

Build, 10/20/20/0/20

(edited by VictorTroska.3725)

in WvW

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

Pretty sure gloombots means he has 3000 defense and his stats are achievable having a high score in your WvW and all 3 orbs plus 25 stacks of healing. i.e. wear some power/tough/vit with power/tough/heal gear.

I have a guardian and under that circumstance I can easily top 3000 defense with 17k hp and 1700 healing so if I switch out 600 healing for vitality I’m sure I’d come close to what he has.

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Warrior. There is nothing wrong with Bullrush+Frenzy+100B. Its actually ideal for WvWvW, as if you go GS/Sword+Shield (+Mobile Strikes) you will be able to charge into “zerg”, kill someone and fly out. Any other weapon or combos wont allow you to do that because, 1. You wont kill anyone fast, or 2. You are not mobile enough to get out once mass zerg targets you down.

Build, 10/20/20/0/20

Or I watch for that, then drop them while they are in the middle of the combo on someone.

I love warriors all run with that cookie-cutter dps lol

in WvW

gloombot.3519

Pretty sure gloombots means he has 3000 defense and his stats are achievable having a high score in your WvW and all 3 orbs plus 25 stacks of healing. i.e. wear some power/tough/vit with power/tough/heal gear.

I have a guardian and under that circumstance I can easily top 3000 defense with 17k hp and 1700 healing so if I switch out 600 healing for vitality I’m sure I’d come close to what he has.

Yep exactly hackuuna. Actually my hp with our Maguuma orb bonuses of 15% and other WvW bonuses ends up over 22-23k somewhere. The only reason I have high HP is for falling damage, since I am not specc’d in the trait that reduces it, but am VERY tempted to.

It’s a really fun build and I find I die only when I want to if that makes sense. All my deaths are purposeful, for one reasoning or another. If I don’t want to die, I won’t. I notice other guardians I face that are built similar and play similarly to me are next to impossible to kill as well.

Their nearby teammates are twice as hard to kill too, as are mine.

I roll with warriors all the time, they’re beasts. I’m just saying, Guardian is a really fun class IMO.

(edited by gloombot.3519)

in WvW

Kracin.6078

and the difference is, he said 3000 toughness, and that is a huge difference than saying 3000 defense, or 3000 armor

in WvW

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

@Epicsmooth

Warriors have many good builds, in SPvP Hammer is my favorite, in PvE 2xAxe is fun or banner spport. But in WvWvW, 100B is just best damage spec. But one should never go full glass cannon 100B in WvWvW, you will die before you see enemy. Every class have cookie-cutter spec, warriors are not that special.