Warrior or Guardian for wvw commander?

in WvW

Posted by: albert.3219

albert.3219

I asked this question a while ago to myself and just figured might as roll both and play which one I like more. I enjoyed both of them but the only thing that bothers me with the guardian is their mobility.. it blows. I can’t figure out which one to main still & I’d rather main one character than two constantly switch between two.

So, I’m back at the forums asking for each player’s 2 cents on my topic:
(to meta standards) main a warrior or guardian for wvw commander?

thanks

in WvW

Posted by: RazGerb.6173

RazGerb.6173

Guardian because staff 1.

Legendary RazGerb|Razris|Razgrox|Razxerius|Razalos
RazGerb The Machine/Tempest/Inferno
~The Best Rager Ranger NA~

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I command on both and personally prefer warrior commander because of its mobility, speed, and self survivability. I get focused a lot by enemy zergs so self survivability is extremely important. It does depend on the size of your group and what you intend to do as a commander, though. You may want to wait until the Tuesday update to see what happens there first.

in WvW

Posted by: albert.3219

albert.3219

I’m going to switch to a low tier server to command so the groups are probably not gonna be any bigger than 15 people. & I want to cap keeps

in WvW

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

I’m going to switch to a low tier server to command so the groups are probably not gonna be any bigger than 15 people. & I want to cap keeps

You will be seeing bigger than 15 person groups on low tier servers. I have commanded on both, but prefer warrior because I feel like I have a lot more sustain than on my guard. Both of them do work well though, but also take into account the group you might be playing with to determine what kind of roles you have behind you in battle.

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in WvW

Posted by: moxx.4629

moxx.4629

Carefree warrior. You won’t regret it

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Guardian will keep your party alive longer. Warrior will stay alive longer. IMO for skill group fights it is really hard to beat the Warrior. For PUG runs, the Guardian really does shine since it can hold together a core better. Ultimately it is splitting hairs since both are the toughest group fighters in the game.

If you want bags, Guardian staff is the bag king.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I actually like my necro more than my guard or warrior to command. Can go full pvt for 36k health (with guard stacks) + DS + Plague form. Stand in red for days! Usually run pvt armor with zerker trinkets though.

But everyone is different. 90% of commanders are guards because of the sustain + utility while commanding.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

Guardian because staff 1.

If tagging stuff is your top priority you must be a terrible commander :[

Guardian for buffs/stability

in WvW

Posted by: Dabrixmgp.4758

Dabrixmgp.4758

isnt there some warrior build that makes you unkillable? I know our warrior commander never dies unless its like 60 v 20.

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

isnt there some warrior build that makes you unkillable? I know our warrior commander never dies unless its like 60 v 20.

Yep, I run this build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIMQNAR8ejkOtwxQqQMRCE0DN8K2CTheQVAPSKEjBE-jEyAorITMCE5AO7VEN2yYR0Y1LY6SioaPeR0qjBgJ-w

I run that and charge into the enemy zerg and draw as much people on me as possible to get them all focusing me while I pop my stances and negate all of their damage. This is great for my teammates (especially the squishies) because it reduces aggro on them and allows them to cast under less pressure. If I have zerglings that are balled up, I don’t have to worry about them getting AoE’d as much too if that AoE is being used on me (can’t always count on it).

That’s why I love warrior in very large scale combat. When my stances are up, it doesn’t really matter if there’s 20 enemies on me or 60. Now once they end…different story.

I’ve always felt that for Guardian vs Warrior commanding, larger scale favors warrior more and smaller scale favors Guardian. This is because of Warrior’s self survivability and mobility is good in big groups and then in small groups, the Guardian’s support skills play a big role (not to be forgotten in large groups, but remember that you may get focused in large groups and you don’t want to be taking a death). My warrior pretty much does poop damage but it’s made up for by the amount of damage I absorb so if it’s a small group, then I’m not as useful.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I have seen all sorts of commanders.

Warrior or Guardian, please, as a commander , make something large,obnoxious and loud so that we folks can target you and also see your commander pin in the midst of battle. Nothing beats “Bomb here” when a commander is tiny and drowned by a sea of enemies lol.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Warrior because the impossible amount of survivibility

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

id go with whatever siegerazer is running!