We accepted wvw skill lag years ago

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Its just normal to not be able to use your skills in SMC when 3 servers are fighting. Always has been.I would be lying if I said it was a great time. Can it please not be the norm any more?

Pancakes
Thief

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I doubt there is any easy technical solution.

It would probably require rewriting the game from scratch or the at least the servers from scratch.

Throwing more hardware at it probably wouldn’t help much either.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The reason skills dont fire is because the server skill queue get clogged with too many requests. So stop using any skill other than 1111111111111. Simple.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

https://youtu.be/OxlmQuVhQdQ

Ug.
Even instant casts are struggling to cast.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

From save mode long range pressure, to yolo skill 1 group spam. All your utility skills will be disabled. Skill 2 to 5 are disabled. The only thing you can do is dodging while spamming 1. Even dodging can cause you DC If you dodge to many times in the insane lag. Everyone knows you have to be carefull when your dodgebar is still full in your screen after you have dodged. I can go on about flaws that are in the game from the beginning. But I dont think they going to change. Forget blobbing. Roaming is the new way or life.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Those fights would be so epic without having to pre spam your heal 20 seconds before you think you’ll need it. Funny thing is if you can manage to get a reflect up you will wreck so many people spamming ranged auto.

AoE, boons and condis are probably the main issues. Though you can actually feel some lag before the fights even start.

in WvW

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Those fights would be so epic without having to pre spam your heal 20 seconds before you think you’ll need it. Funny thing is if you can manage to get a reflect up you will wreck so many people spamming ranged auto.

AoE, boons and condis are probably the main issues. Though you can actually feel some lag before the fights even start.

LMAO! “Alright my guts telling me my behind is gonna eat a heavy burst soon so imma queue up dis heal right here, HOLY kitten I was right! And there’s the heal seven seconds later!”

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I like to lie to myself and say it’s done on purpose for immersion. You’re in a giant battle, things are flying everywhere, big booms, pops, ahh. Think of that rushing the beach scene in Saving Private Ryan. You’re just plowing through dazed and in shock doing the best you can.

So, yeah that’s it, it’s all about immersion… :s

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

They cant fix it, their servers are cheap and at their limits.

The game coding is bad and not optimised.

The game is just hanging on, it’s pretty much dead really, and not many people will buy gems for a game they know isnt worth it, as HoT proved.

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They cant fix it, their servers are cheap and at their limits.

The game coding is bad and not optimised.

The game is just hanging on, it’s pretty much dead really, and not many people will buy gems for a game they know isnt worth it, as HoT proved.

Dont think it is the code, they said they have been improving but also game lost alot of WvW players.
They need to reduce the ticks, aoespam, cleaves, less calculations server side. make better aoe skills to compensate, if game would be more single targets than gather all aoe and spam we would not be talking about this :\

GW2 needs to be less of spam and a less flashy game it is to much brainless at a certain point and that might be making gamming to laggy(it is easy to get super lagged when 2 groups spamm all the aoe and condi ticks), and when u cant move due the low fps + skill lag… the red carpet cant be avoided.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

-We accepted wvw skill lag years ago-

And that is why they won’t improve it and continue to neglect wvw. They know they can get away with it and you will keep playing. Blatant truth.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It is a design limitation in the engine and any multiplayer engine for that matter. To reduce the lag they need less skill spam and fewer targets during attacks. This can be done by limiting the population, increasing skill activation times and lowering the number of multi-target attacks.

Since pretty much nobody on the forums or in the game will suffer longer activation times, a lower AoE cap or far fewer AoE skills… well here we are.

The other alternative is to trust the clients more but we all know how that would work out.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

they could fix the fps part of it with dx12 but that will require time and investment. not only that they will need to learn more stuff to make this happen since dx 12 is more close to the hardware and remove a layer that devs do not see right now, it remove the safety net of the dx api to solve the error done between what they do and the layer they do not see. for what the devs will do before releasing the game or game update that means more testing so there is no error, just look at this forum bugs and error and think how many time will this takes? as for server limitation I do not think it should have any problem server today can install os on 1500 system per second, so it should be able to handle fight of 200 people synch for skill, position and timing.

there might have been skill lag years before, but you could still use some skill with a longer delay before the skill fire, now you can be minutes pushing button with nothing happening and the lag is not only where the zerg is but it spread out on the map. also notice that it does not always reflect in fps or ping anymore through the option panel. before you could see the ping doing very high number or the fps number drop very low.

(edited by stephanie wise.7841)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

they could fix the fps part of it with dx12 but that will require time and investment.

Yes and magical elves will come out of your computer to blow on it when it gets too hot from all that DX12 speed. Have you even seen game benchmarks coming out? Marginal, if any differences.

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Yes, many people don’t continously support the game and then still are surprised, if they have no ressources to fix problems. Maybe there should be “kickstarter”-tracks where we can donate money to things that are more expensive to be fixed and if enough money is gathered, then the problem will be fixed and if not, then not? Then arenanet would have a reason to avoid the things people don’t want to finance and people cannot complain if they aren’t willing to participate.

Skilllag is annoying. I haven’t seen it in a while and I think I only see it appearing now, because with the serverlinking there is a larger possibility that three mapqueues fight each other in SM. It is sad that those situations get robbed of their epic potential. But it are only a few situations a day, if any. So I can live with it. I haven’t seen it happening in situations where there weren’t three mapqueues close to each other yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

anet stated only way to fix it was upgrade the sever it was a waste of money in there view.

in WvW

Posted by: szshou.2193

szshou.2193

The game really just isn’t optimized for RvR gameplay. If you look at DAoC you can see that the character details were very minimal and it was very low-res (more-so a product of it’s time rather than optimized) and this provided smooth, albeit not pretty, gameplay even in large scale fights. Even on best-performance settings with disable effect LoD turned on the servers cannot handle 200~ people casting skills and the sheer amount of cross-player incoming/outgoing damage/healing being thrown around. If I had to hazard a guess, it’s somewhere in the tens of millions of calculations per second just process a snap-shot of the fighting, add to it: textures, skill animations, trait and other modifier interactions like food and boons. Oh and not to mention the random generation of loot dropped. There are tons of factors needing to be processed in such a small amount of time that the server just gets clogged with data. Data packets are received and sent slowly causing skill lag or even worse, the packets are lost completely causing rubberbanding. If the game were more dedicated to such a game-mode then there would be more resources available to make the gameplay smoother.

[eN] midline rallybot

(edited by szshou.2193)

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Compared to ESO wvw performance is golden in GW2. With the exception of large Blob fights i do not encounter any skill lags at all. Most of the times i run in small groups of 3-8 players behind enemy lines. So leave the zerg and it will get better.

in WvW

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

Before they add more content or doing something they should fix that kitten lag. It is really lazy man. There are hugh lag spikes. This game is unplayable during Primetime.