We are FoW, we will not go down easy!

in WvW

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Just a shout out to those people that have transferred down into our tier and think they are the business.

We are the FoW army. We will not surrender. We will not go down without a fight. We have honed our skills against higher numbers since day one. When the numbers are fairly even, we never lose.

The only thing you have going for you is to zerg us to death. One of us is worth 4 of you. Unfortunately we are outnumbered 10-1 which makes things quite difficult but we will not surrender.

To those who native Vabbi and Ros who feel like their servers have been taken over. We offer you sanctuary in our lands. We will help you smash these usurpers until they decide they have had enough and leave this tier. When that happens you can go back to your own server with heads held high that you have not just given in and let your country be taken from you. that you have stood as proud men (and women) to fight for your homeland back from the clutches of tyranny.

I throw down a challenge to all those upper tier badboys that think they are so hot to fight me. I will be keeping vigil over Greenwater supply camp. Some of you have already tasted my hammer and know what it means to go up against a FoW Guardian.

I will be waiting.

Winters Ascension

Guilded Death Squad Guardian of the fissure of Woe

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in WvW

Posted by: Tripleghost.5490

Tripleghost.5490

The only thing you have going for you is to zerg us to death. One of us is worth 4 of you. Unfortunately we are outnumbered 10-1 which makes things quite difficult but we will not surrender.

My guild have plenty videos that we(and not only us) own 10 vs 20+ Vabbi or FoW enemies. So don’t call us newbie.

But i’m not here for flame or , it’s a battle and proud of have sometimes some guilds vs us. I don’t like battle only gate or wall.
See you in battle

Commander Ghost Loves Farm
[WIC] – Piken Square

in WvW

KensaiZen.3740

20+ FoW? lol I would love to see that video. You sure it wasn’t 5 FoW mesmers and their clones? lol

Anyway, Bring the pain. I will be waiting

[Fissure of Woe]

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Today I had the first Zerg experience on FoW. We were maybe 30 or 40 ppl caping towers and keeps. And still, we were pushed back eventually on several fronts by surmia and vabbi.

However, I feel like that more FoW players are getting the courage to WvW. Many new players are hitting lvl 80 and we seem to have some commanders with dedication and a plan. I think that the RoS-Vabbi-FoW-tier will stay for quite some time together, because not only can’t any server get enough point difference to raise in ranks, but also FoW seems to wake up a little.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

KensaiZen.3740

Hail fellow FoW. Glad to hear that we are having positive responses in our homeland. Hopefully it continues and FoW WvW will continue to grow as we up our game.

[Fissure of Woe]

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Oh man it must be some kind of joke. For last 4 days my guild was STOMPING, SMASHING you all the time. 2 days ago we were able to def garrison 15vs40. We didn’t sit inside, we didn’t have any machines. Just jumped on your fellow server mates and farmed badges…. We even started to call you locusts because you’re many(evening time, 9 pm CET) but you probably don’t know what WvW is about(this I’m able to understand). I didn’t see any organised WvW guild on FoW. I mean really organised.
W8 one more week, we’ll be higher then and you’ll be able to fight in your fierce battles
Prove me wrong, you still got some time.(btw. we’re trying to ignore your borderland mostly, but when there is nothing else to do… sorry:))

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Nothing but respect for FoW – anyone who’s stuck with them all this time despite them consistently being the bottom-or-near-bottom ranked server has some serious dedication.

It’s a shame they were starting to really get their act together when some T1 guilds decided they wanted to drop to the bottom to stomp low pop servers for a while – I hope you guys can stick it out and that balance returns to the lowest tier soon.

Good luck

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: Leopoldina Balanuta.2871

Leopoldina Balanuta.2871

You had help this week ( certain guild from RoS ) but this "1 of us worth 4 of you " attitude is wrong, you accomplish things in zerg just like everyone else, just that you only can make one and in prime time. Also i think skill is equal on all servers, numbers and server loyalty counting more.

Even if RoS and Vabbi brake away from this tire, servers that get pushed down also outnumber you.

I would go recruiting with “FoW needs your help” rather then this, but i don’t seem to understand people lately, it may be me.

Peace from a “native” RoS

George Cosbuc [MR] Mint Rubbing
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

You know the butter when it’s melting in a frying pan? Well, this is more or less what happens when we run into a FoW band :p
It’s true, you guys got in a tough situation and you should not give up as it will most certainly evolve soon or later but until then, bring the butter in! Mwha ha ha!

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Yea big respect for you guys. I imagine when WsR meet you again now you will have a blast as both servers are going to be on a more even footing. But till them give Vabbi and RoS hell!

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

I am from FoW, we know there are experienced players in each server as well as beginners.

Do not try to “establish” a supremacy position when talking about RoS or Vabbi or whatever other server.

The fundamental difference between FoW and more “powerfull server” is that we in FoW give a big welcome to anyone willing to enjoy and learn during the process, we might not be the best performant server at all time but we sure know how to stand a fight sharing same spirit of cooperation and dedication.

If you then need to talk about single guilds, simply more experienced in skirmish and such, then i can recall just IMP Guild from Ros, being nicely organized moving on the battlefield showing some knowledge; nothing to compare to other latest guild using just 1 WvW zerging approach method: stay compacted, ready to stealth, AOE on the same spot and such… These large group of people use the strenght in numbers as sardines do against Tuna predator :p
Displace their zerg and they ll become pop-corn on fire camp.

Beside, do you want go serious about showing your PvP skill? Do not address your “arrogant supremacy” on a WvW server based performance, rather get in a party and do some Tournament, then we shall see the “real” supremacy

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in WvW

TyPin.9860

No matter what the new RoS players say. FoW became stronger within the last week. At least that is my perception. But I have not so much time to play lately.

Yes we lack big organized guilds or even an alliance. And if I had the time, I’d start one myself. But this is, what I like in FoW. Many of the players I know here play GW2 for fun and not for the competition. And when it comes to competition, we can win and lose and have fun nonetheless.

No arrogant words, from a well experienced guild can change that. If the big organized guilds are the military and the smaller more casual ones the militia, then FoW is mostly militia. And anyone, who says, we shouldn’t be proud of what we do, can just go home to mami…

btw: you can crush a 40+ zerg with 5 ppl, if u’re organized and the 40 ppl are not. But when u 15 ppl wanna feel glorious by smashing a zerg of 40 players, that mostly communicate with writing chat, where 20 of them are upleveled players (from lvl 1 to almost 79 all possible) and just play for some short time after work to have some fun, then feel glorious. You seem to need it.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

Oh well, as a ros player since the beginning, step by step I`m getting sick of these new things here. And at some point I hope fow will accept me and one more friend. Better down and nice than up and .. .

in WvW

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

Hello! I been watching over this thread for a bit :P I am the Guild leader / Commander of this “certain” guild that came to fissure for a week.. now that i saw things from both sides i understand fissure a bit more :P im here to say that fissure is pretty good at not giving up believe it or not.. they die they respwan they run back in.. which is something some servers lack.. Fissure is also rather frinedly ( from what i seen ) to new players :P They asnwer newby questions in team chat rather frinedly.. Compared to some servers.. e.g. if someone asked What Supply is in team chat they would prob be trolled on higher tier servers :P

The Angry Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Za Playing Nurse.6329

Za Playing Nurse.6329

Can I take the ‘’U guys are nubs, can only take down Fow by zerg us’’ as a oki to go an smash FOW BL? can we touch it again freely?? Since we’r a zerg with only nubs ppl it should be alright right? o.o
Plz dont hate coz if we zerg u down, we are not as pro as u guys, who can take a 4 vs 1 like u said. We can only smash u guys with zerg, while u only need 1 person to smash 4 of us. Meaning, when u guys are 20, and we are 40, then you will be perfectly fine taking us down. So i wont see a reason for us (the new commer) to stay away from ur BL anymore

Lots of Love from Jucha<3

-_-! geeh did my best and feel soo bad about transfer and ruin the game for Fow, that feeling suddenly vanish from those comments.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

We are DEX, We camped your north camp with 4 till you gave up.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Za Playing Nurse.6329

Za Playing Nurse.6329

You speak of your superior skills, yet no one sees it. We were able to assault your supply camp being outnumbered. 10v5 of us and we won. We were also able to defend against your attempt to reclaim your keep at EB. Lol, guess the part where you said One of us is worth 4 of you………. You were lying.

To think the worse part for them was.. None of us die.. hehehe^-^

in WvW

TyPin.9860

You are rly amusing little kids. I see myself as a medium skilled player. I do not know, when the big mouths of u are online, but when I am (yesterday from 20:30 till 23:30 GMT+1) I saw us being outnumbered or beating u guys. There were 5 or 6 RoS capping spirits and on our side 2 (one lvl 80 and one upleveled guy with no good equipment at all) and we were holding and delaying u capping it until u got more reinforcments (wehen we arrived all the npcs were dead already). Later 3 pll of u fighting 2 of us, trying to pull the fight to surmia friendly npcs near ascalonian hills. All 3 died easily.

The only time we were defeated yesterday (except the situation where we were zerged) was when we tried as 2 ppl to cap an almost fully upgraded camp (one upgrade still missing) and u only succeeded, because we were too greedy at one point (I shouldn’t have tried to finish this ele in the middle of all the npcs^^). There are good and bad players on every server… so I guess u have some good players too…

And while u left ur server, because it wasn’t going ur way, we stick with our server to the end.

BTW: U never left our borderlands alone. Maybe some of u did, but there were plenty of vabbi and RoS attacking FoW borderlands, while there was plenty of stuff to do for u in EB and ur own BL. So drop the arrogance. You don’t win by skill. You win by more experience zerging, and by being more ppl…

Much luck in the higher tiers… U will need it.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: fonzo.6325

fonzo.6325

To be fair you cant tell who is better skilled, it is probably equal yes you can say 5v10 and we killed them but that could be 5 experienced players vs 10 beginners, i am with fow and have found that it is probably true that fow are better on average because we are under pressure all the time while with ros players can go out and know they will win with out much effort at all. while fow have to work harder in a more joint effort to gain a good win im not saying that fow are better players than ros but ros at the moment will always be better by numbers that’s it but when i have seen our selves do well, it’s because we put in a good effort while ros don’t seem to have to do that to gain a win. fow are not better from skill but are better by effort.

(edited by fonzo.6325)

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Amazing how it can all change just because we got transfers, maybe you guys forget the past weeks where RoS owned you when we didn’t have as many ppl ?

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Surmia have outnumbered FoW for months, not as heavily as they do now sure, but they still outnumbered them.

More on topic however, as someone who has previously fought on both RoS and FoW. The whole “We learnt to fight better because we didn’t have numbers” implies that the outcome is equal with each force having a different strength, one side using numbers the other using skill, we know however that the fight is NOT equal – the numbers side wins every time.

Both sides have been thought their “learn to play” phases when Vabbi had the upper hand the first time around, and neither side particularly improved. When Surmia became the dominant faction (due to numbers, yes that is why) for that 6 weeks or so they became more complacent and lazy, so anything they did learn was rapidly forgotten or at least unused. During those 6 weeks or so of RoS dominance Fissure did definitely improve and Surmia barely even put effort in, they would log into WvW once Fissure got their borderlands almost 100%, zerg it, then leave.

However that improvement was not enough to claim any sort of equality or “You have quantity we have quality” statement.

For the record, I have seen both Surmian players and Fissure players claim this “Every one of us is worth 5 of you” silliness. The one big difference is that Fissure have never had their period on top, so the only players left are the ones who do not give up… the same can not be said for Surmia.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

(edited by Neandramathal.9536)

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Keep it up, FoW! Transfers ruin many matchups and servers but only in hard times, you get a chance to prove fighting spirit and endurance. I hereby dedicate this video to your server. It has served Miller’s Sound (lost about half our WvW population, causing us to drop 3 tiers) and will serve you and strengthen your will to endure this situation:

(Well, you would have to replace some words here and there)

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Sure we have outnumbered them, but it wasn’t by much, maybe you forget that we were fighting both vabbi AND FoW at the same time ? Those superior numbers would be halved and we would have less people than FoW in their own BL and yet we held hills and Bay and the southern towers most of the times and took garrison at primetime, I remember when there was 30 man zerg trying to get into bay all the time and there would be only about 10 defenders at best sometimes even less.

Maybe you also forget that FoW has a kitten load people on at night where they outnumbered us 1 to sometimes even 1 to 10. I’m pretty sure you didn’t count them to the total tally.
As for overall population, FoW has had more. We just have more dedicated WvW players.

On another note, thanks to FoW trying to get bay from all different sides we have learnt to defend bay much better so you can’t say that we have learnt nothing.

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

TyPin.9860

The time I am online (mostly from 17:00 to 0:00 mgt +1) mostly RoS and Vabbi outnumbers us. Not always really much, that is true. And as long as numbers are almost even, we can make stuff work. I saw it, I was part of it.

But we have many players that are not lvl 80 yet. And we have a bad coordination, for we are many small guilds with no voice chat or smth similar between the guilds. And it is easier to fight outnumbered but organized than with superior numbers but completely chaotic…

However, it does not make sense to point always out, how great one is against superior numbers (I know, I did that too, but it is pointless). We will see how the tier stabalizes in time. And I wish the original RoS players much success and joy in WvW.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

2 vs 15 at Woodhaven lord room, you FoW went down pretty easy :p
And i’m not exaggerating the numbers.

Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Ilesyt.7084)

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Now try do it without being in a D/D ele ^^.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

What’s the fun in that ?

Ruins of Surmia