We don't need content

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: MrFluffy.9307

MrFluffy.9307

WvW is first and foremost a PvP game mode. People are going to care more about the fights than the loot they get. The only reason people attack structures is to bring out the enemy for a fight. There’s no feeling of accomplishment by winning a matchup (which is largely determined by who has the most players). But fighting a rival guild and winning? That feels great.

Anet needs to focus on recreating that atmosphere it once had, where small skill groups could take on groups much larger than their own (zergbusting used to be a common goal for most WvW guilds). Fights shouldn’t be determined by who has the most players. It should be determined by who plays the best, who has the best builds, and ultimately which side has the best teamwork.

Hi

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Reading the forums this seems to be subjective.

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Second paragraph seems right, first paragraph seems a bit off.

We don't need content

in WvW

MrFluffy.9307

I don’t think the forums accurately reflect the overall consensus.

Hi

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Me neither. This forum is over-populated by players who prefer fighting other players for bragging rights rather than those who just like easy wins to collect karma and loot.

Self-evidently there are far more of the latter than the former actually playing the game-mode these days.

Myself, I would prefer a meaningful competition with structure and results. The main content I want would be akin to the Seasons we used to have or to the intermittent periods over the last four and a half years when circumstances meant a critical mass of players were invested in outcomes rather than performance.

We don't need content

in WvW

MrFluffy.9307

Me neither. This forum is over-populated by players who prefer fighting other players for bragging rights rather than those who just like easy wins to collect karma and loot.

Self-evidently there are far more of the latter than the former actually playing the game-mode these days.

Myself, I would prefer a meaningful competition with structure and results. The main content I want would be akin to the Seasons we used to have or to the intermittent periods over the last four and a half years when circumstances meant a critical mass of players were invested in outcomes rather than performance.

Most people in WvW would rather fight than play for PPT. I literally cannot think of any major WvW guilds that cares about who wins the matchup (for reasons other than what tier they roll too). Large combat scenarios are what make WvW interesting. Anet should be focusing their manpower on creating fight scenarios rather than designing new maps or creating new siege weapons.

WvW guilds used to set up their own competitions in the OS with proper turns and structure. We had actual GvG tournaments, and the winning guild was rewarded with lots of gold (and of course bragging rights).

If the WvW team doesn’t want to make the mode more fight focused, than perhaps they need to create a new mode catered to the GvG guilds?

Hi

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

I GvG almost every week. But the player base of guilds on the NA servers who actively GvG right now is under 200 players. Anet shouldn’t cater to such a tiny minority. We need more people in WvW, playing it however they want, rather than a more segregated smaller population.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Honestly, I think it’s just another mmo that’s aged and players move on slowly. It happens, just the way the industry is.

Dtox

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Most people in WvW would rather fight than play for PPT. I literally cannot think of any major WvW guilds that cares about who wins the matchup (for reasons other than what tier they roll too). Large combat scenarios are what make WvW interesting. Anet should be focusing their manpower on creating fight scenarios rather than designing new maps or creating new siege weapons.

WvW guilds used to set up their own competitions in the OS with proper turns and structure. We had actual GvG tournaments, and the winning guild was rewarded with lots of gold (and of course bragging rights).

If the WvW team doesn’t want to make the mode more fight focused, than perhaps they need to create a new mode catered to the GvG guilds?

They fight for fights, and dont care about the matchup that much, true. But part of that is fighting for the OH SO prized Loot Bag.
You see, the Loot Bag is the key to a WvWers heart. It not only symbolizes the physical dominance you have jsut exterted on a single, group, or zerg of enemies, but also rewards you with that sweet sweet chance of getting a precursor 1 in 20385729375930294857929 times.
That, mr Fluffy, is why we DO care about loot.

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

They fight for fights, and dont care about the matchup that much, true. But part of that is fighting for the OH SO prized Loot Bag.
You see, the Loot Bag is the key to a WvWers heart. It not only symbolizes the physical dominance you have jsut exterted on a single, group, or zerg of enemies, but also rewards you with that sweet sweet chance of getting a precursor 1 in 20385729375930294857929 times.
That, mr Fluffy, is why we DO care about loot. [/quote]

You, sir, know your players very well. You are extremely right on this, expecially about lootbags and precursor chance. (Also you may add the odd-unique builds, and tactics)

I simply logged in to appreciate your spot on target comment. Have a great day.

We don't need content

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

My squad had four precursors drop in one raid a few days ago. Yes, four. In 4+ years of WvW, that’s been pretty much unheard of. Lootbag count matters.

I thanked the commander of the enemy zerg that dropped them.