We need PPK back

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Miracle.1365

Miracle.1365

Nightcapping (1AM – 4AM) and Morningcapping (4AM-8AM) are ridiculous. I just wanted to reminder this situation and maybe Anet decides to do something about it.

Something needs to change in favor of fights, so PvDoor is not that impactful on PPT.

(edited by Miracle.1365)

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

IF ANet encourages PPK during OCX/SEA/EU over PPT I can see some benefits

Good idea OP ! Brilliant

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

Something needs to be done. It’s exasperating to log on to find the entire map green this week with the green team exhibiting a PPT of over 500. Just luck of the draw when it comes to match-ups. Some servers are fortunate to have a large SEA/OCX presence. It’s a game of numbers & coverage which has been stated many times on this forum. Difficult-no impossible to overcome when your server is not the biggest and your population is centered in NA.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

recruit is all you can do as Anet has stated night capping etc is fair game so go recruit players/guilds.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Never understood why they removed it in the first place after the success it was. They should have left it in and changed the numbers:
1 PPK if winning server
2 PPK if second server
4 PPK if losing server

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Why is okay to minimize the impact of people who play when you happen to not be online?

What if instead they minimized NA prime? No? Not cool because your effort should count the most cuz ’merica?

-FYI, i play during NA prime, but the arrogance of posts ranting about night capping is rediculous. “its not fair that other people play when i log off, do something about it Anet”.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I’m in favor of rotating ppk on hourly basis. Every say 3 hours, ppk gets enabled for 2 hours. This means every timezone gets to ppt and ppk during their timezone. This will give people a reason to go out and fight for a couple of hours, then focus more on ppt for a few hours after.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I’ve said this many times. Getting rid of PPK with HoT only encourages K-trains. Since there will be no bloodlust, make PPK standard.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

PPK should be brought back permanently, and emphasized as the primary way to attain points. This would solve a wealth of issues.

I would prefer if they only awarded points on kills and captures. Then ticks (based on how much you own and how it’s upgraded) awards the players on the map with a combination of gold and items. Thus solving both the rewards issues, and the night capping issues.

Yes it still favors servers with larger numbers, but that’s an entirely different beast.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Jizmak.1489

Jizmak.1489

PPK was one of the better things put in WvW. I can list the reasons, but i’m too lazy.

/agree bring it back 4 ever.

Battle Commander – [JINX]

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

PPK needs to be enabled permanently. I would be good with, as Xillllix said, weighting PPK towards the losing server. This would give the fights guilds their due without robbing the PPT guilds of their contribution.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Nightcapping (1AM – 4AM) and Morningcapping (4AM-8AM) are ridiculous. I just wanted to reminder this situation and maybe Anet decides to do something about it.

Something needs to change in favor of fights, so PvDoor is not that impactful on PPT.

Exactly, I’m sick of going to bed only to find out the Americans have night capped everything, I assume they only PVD anyway.

Bring back PPK!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

While PPK is fun, and I like it. Right now we do not have PPK and even with equal forces in WvW some groups just high-tail it back inside their keep/tower and sit on Siege or fight in their siege aoe’s. (Believe me I’ve poked and poked enemies with 10-15more then my force and seen it.)

Add in PPK and yeah…the enemies running happens more when equal numbers. :/

@the night capping comment, get over yourself. Not everyone’s night and day are the same. Heck I live in the NA, but my “night” is the “day” for most in NA. Should points I get against another server count less just because I work a night time job?

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

@Mishi no they should count about the same and not 10 times more per player online. thats why ppk.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

PPK will lead to less fights. And if there is anything this game doesn’t need, is more PvDoor.

Tarnished Coast

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

PPK waws a great and BALANCED additional score system. It must get into main game.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

We have a point per stomp in effect. Stop mindlessly spamming #1 and start thinking of tactics to deliver stomps instead.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

The solution is so simple and absolutely equal to all timezone: no activity on a map = no score from that map

To get X PPT from a map, your side need at least X people on the map (only people that spend the whole 15min on this map are counted).
If less people are there than you hold objectives you get only as many score points as you have people on the map, if none is there you get no score.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

PPK..or KKP::PKK…KKK or just PKP

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It does sound interesting.

We do have Bloodlust already though, but I guess it’s a separate feature in a sense which is a reward for controlling the ruins.

On the subject matter of fear of engaging when outnumbered and feeding enemy, what about bonus PPK when outnumbered, or no PPK when killing an outnumbered enemy?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don’t understand why every time this topic is brought back there is no response from the developers. They were the ones that had us test PPK in the first place; then we all agreed it worked well but could be improved in favor of the losing servers, and then nothing was done.

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I don’t understand why every time this topic is brought back there is no response from the developers. They were the ones that had us test PPK in the first place; then we all agreed it worked well but could be improved in favor of the losing servers, and then nothing was done.

Probably because it can be easily abused like those that use Obsidian Sanctum to rack up kills over and over since the way points are so close by. I caught two players doing it just week last again.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

PPK will lead to less fights. And if there is anything this game doesn’t need, is more PvDoor.

This. There are so many potential unintended bad consequences of PPK. For those in favor of making it constitute a greater % of total points (or even all points, as some here seem to be in favor of) I would ask: How would you implement it so that it isn’t gamed? How would you deal with the fact that it heavily discourages outnumbered fighting? What about the hate for uplevels in WvW, already bad because of their rallybot reputation, which would only grow worse when they give free points to enemy teams?

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Well PPK will cause servers to discourage new and uplevel players. This isn’t good because the game mode needs as many players as it can get. I would suggest only activating PPK during reset, when anything goes:)

CCCP….

We need PPK back

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

+1 for PPK.

Maybe even have # of points gained scale with the rank of the enemy you killed… like ‘bronze x’ = +1, ‘silver x’ = +2, ‘gold x’ = +3 ect…

Also have only enemies that were killed by players give points (like if someone is killed by an AC the killing side does not get points) or if a siege weapon did more than 50% of the dmg to a player then you do not gain points for killing that player..

Idk how this affect scores but hopefully it will promote more fights instead of just stacking siege in towers/keeps and sitting there.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.