We need help to fix domination in NA

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Some of you are completely delusional.. Blackgate had 3 guild groups running last night. KnT (over 30 in discord) – KiS (over 30 in BG ts) – CL (over 25 in discord) + whatever pugs were following them. BG had about 2 queues last night. Every so often a 3rd map would queue up but it’d generally go away instantly.

This is from the biggest server, just imagine how it is on the rest of them with smaller population.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Shining One.1635

Shining One.1635

The Devs specifically allowed BlackGate to overstack. They couldn’t be dumb enough to open BlackGate over and over and over and over again when BG was hibernating. Nobody is that stupid.

Why do so many people assume this is a manual process that involves a developer “opening” up a server to allow a transfer? I’m fairly sure it’s an automated process.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

It is automated. And yes, people have spent a lot of time and effort to “exploit” the automation to get on to servers who should never be open.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

I think it would be a good idea to bring this discussion back to the key points of my original post:

• When one server (any server) is so dominant that other servers actively change their play so they won’t be in the same tier then this means less fun for everyone.
  • There has been more than enough time and opportunity for players to voluntarily spread out and avoid a permanent dominance. This has not happened. If we as players won’t fix this then we need help from outside.

This thread was intended to open discussion of solutions that would help promote a more healthy competition in WvW. At present Blackgate has been the most dominant server in NA for a long time. They have nowhere to go, and face no new challenges.

All of the solutions suggested so far require outside intervention by Anet, and that’s really my point. We need help here. If we offer constructive suggestions then perhaps we can be part of that process, however it is worth remembering that server linking showed Anet are prepared to sacrifice a smaller number of players interest for the greater good of the majority, and we would do well to remember this.

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

The Devs specifically allowed BlackGate to overstack. They couldn’t be dumb enough to open BlackGate over and over and over and over again when BG was hibernating. Nobody is that stupid.

Why do so many people assume this is a manual process that involves a developer “opening” up a server to allow a transfer? I’m fairly sure it’s an automated process.

To be fair, more things in this game are manual processes than you’d think.

If I’m not mistaken the WvW matchups & links, as an example, are manual processes.

Them doing the server opening/closing manually isn’t a huge stretch when you think about it XD.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I think it would be a good idea to bring this discussion back to the key points of my original post:

• When one server (any server) is so dominant that other servers actively change their play so they won’t be in the same tier then this means less fun for everyone.
  • There has been more than enough time and opportunity for players to voluntarily spread out and avoid a permanent dominance. This has not happened. If we as players won’t fix this then we need help from outside.

A Solution(s):

1. Make winning more meaningful, and do something about server transfering. Paying gems to win doesn’t seem right. But….if we make them pay ‘enough’ gems, and limit the transfering, AND add incentive towards winning across all servers……we can ‘eventually’ create a setting where all servers are more balanced and playing for keeps rather than throwing a week so they can win the next 1-2 weeks easy.
Another solution is to relink servers in a way where all servers are ‘equal’. Then create a tournament style where moving up consecutively awards higher rewards. As it stands, people who move up are generally facing much higher population servers…and are inclined to slink down again. The exemption to this is servers who were not properly balanced to begin with….who just win every week for the first 1-3 weeks, or who are at the top to begin with and always win (ur blackgate or whatever…since they don’t rely on pairings to begin with). For servers that are so big to begin with…..this may require gutting their playerbase via sanctions or something longterm. Otherwise the only solution is to pair in such a way as to match them….but that will create even fewer pairings likely. Anet really screwed their own system.

2. Do something about the “life after death” and revive system in wvsw. The skills and everything allow for ridiculous snowballing, to the point where its more sensical to abandon entire maps than try to fight. I mean its like fighting a boulder with a stick alot of the time….even the efforts of the best of players only serve to feed the enemy more points. I don’t know of any other game where ‘not trying’ is the best way towards winning….
People need to die when they are killed. I cannot repeat that enough times. The waypoint system and downed system are so hand holdy to begin with. If you want to be revived after dying you should have to ‘giveup’ something to do so. They even go one step further and prevent their second death, should they somehow manage to be that incompetent, from amounting to ANY point for the enemy at all with their cooldown on ppk. Just ridiculous…if we are playing the game as we are meant to it means we should NOT kill the guy they just mass rez’d. So you just ignore the guy you killed, as he gets up and starts running around fighting again…..can we at least reskin him as a zombie or something? lol.

Could be as simple as giving the revived player the effects you get from using a revive orb. Downed state penalties are laughable, they might as well not even exist.

Feels like anet is one of those people who play rts with the “infinite resources” option on. They ruin the game by creating a spamfest. All strategy in an otherwise eloquent complex game, is dumbed down to the point of mass building barracks and slotting an infinite number of troops……setting their waypoint and just cranking out the most production in the least amount of time over the least distance possible to overwhelm the enemy barracks/production.
I mean these are the people who thought it was a good idea to let 80 people rally off of 1 dead guy. Just look at three way fights today, and you’ll see the same mindset IS STILL engraved into the gameplay.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

snip for size came from the first post.

I think they need to lower the Server Pop Cap completely, give GB JQ Mag Yaks all the larger servers 3 months to transfer to Lower end servers for free by their own choice so Guilds are not broken up. At the end of the 3 months you lottery X amount of people regardless of what guild they are in to have to change to a lower population server of their choice. All the while keeping the Lock servers locked and bringing the population down which will obviously affect BG more than other servers and benifit the lower end servers that have population control issues.
Once all servers reach population cap lock all servers and allow only new players or accounts to join say the lower end till they surpass in population a certain point than keep recycling till all servers are roughly on the same population level as BG.
For WvW this will potentially allow if people and guilds volunteer to move in the three months to create a more competitive atmosphere in WvW than BG is rank 1 and JQ rank 2 Mag rank 3 all the time. ( I am just throwing out stats other than BG i have no idea where JQ and Mag lie at this point in the rankings ) What it will do is distributed the good guilds among the lower end from all top servers and make a much more competitive game mode every week.
Believe me when I say that when and If you give the guilds an option over 3 months time to stay together but separate from their server most guilds will take the free transfer for their whole guild.
Although on ANet’s part theyw ill have to give a decent visual look at when their servers are where they want it. So like the WvW rankings that ANet host they would do a page that shows a server in the
-Red: still need a lot more transfers off
- Yellow: getting better but still need more to transfer
- Green: your server is ok no more transfers are needed
If the server is in the green by the end of the 3 months no one will be forced off the server. Although if it is still not to the levels they want than no one will have any right to complain that their guild is being broken up since they would have had 3 months to make sure that didn’t happen.
Coming from BlackGate and recently migrating off BG ( in due part to 6 to 8 hours que times, and wanting to get away from what is BG and try to help create other competitive servers) I can tell you the majority of the Guilds that are Good and make BG what it is; on a general note, Love to fights and the challenge, they could care less about PvT, most of them want the challenge. I feel if ANet did this we would be a a Mass exidous off the server.
this also fixes yet another lasting Problem, since most of the good guilds from BG/ JQ/ Mag/ ect. will be dispersing to multiple servers the over stocking of one server to the next will be quelled. The key to this is making sure that all servers stayed Lock that are not low end servers that are being forced to link because of population issues. This also fixes the Linking issue and gets rid of it. Than you can set up the bracket system again to reflect the following
T1 fights : T2 and T3
T4 fights: T5 and T6 and T 7
T 6 fights: T4 and T 5 and T7 and T8
T8 fights: T5 and T6 and T7
this allows for a proper movement of Tier rankings, and with a good redistribution of Solid WvW guilds through all Tier levels we will in theory see more in and out of different servers in Tier 1 Rank 1 2 and 3. I don’t think this is a prefect fix I understand that eventually you will always have the top 3 but at least the top 3 wont be able to field max units on all maps against servers that can barely field a max limit on one.

Roughly the same as Ops suggestion but it promotes populating the lower end servers by dispersing All the lock servers down in Population. This will in turn show an immediate affect on BG potential to field what they do but in a 6 month time frame to a year even out population across the board.

There is no quick fix that doesn’t destroy a server or two, if a fix is to be put into place it must be a slow productive fix.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

This thread was intended to open discussion of solutions that would help promote a more healthy competition in WvW. At present Blackgate has been the most dominant server in NA for a long time. They have nowhere to go, and face no new challenges.

All of the solutions suggested so far require outside intervention by Anet, and that’s really my point. We need help here. If we offer constructive suggestions then perhaps we can be part of that process, however it is worth remembering that server linking showed Anet are prepared to sacrifice a smaller number of players interest for the greater good of the majority, and we would do well to remember this.

What you’re talking about is dismantling a server because they win too much this is very different from linking servers due to low activity.

Furthermore I reject one of what appears to be your fundamental premises about why Blackgate wins every week. They don’t just win because of numbers and coverage. They win because they try harder than any other server to win. They are also extremely well organized compared to every other server in the game. These are good things that other servers should try to emulate. The thing is that no one cares enough to do the work necessary to make that happen. I’m no exception I really don’t have the willpower to do the work I know I’d have to do to try to beat Blackgate. But it’s ok because they’re fun to play against win or lose.

TL;DR: stop whining and get better or accept that Blackgate is the top server in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

We are closing this thread because Match Up threads are not allowed.