We need some defence against greifers!

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I guess I’m not the only one who saw sabotage in WvW. Killing golems on purpose (and sometimes openly admitting it!), turning trebs/mortars 180 degrees, etc…
We need something to prevent it, even if only partially. Right now I’m waiting for responce to my ticket about a guy killing 2 omegas, but even if ANet actually decides to punish him, it’s not a solution, as most players are too lazy to write a ticket, so such morons can destroy others fun and take no consequences.

We need some system. I don’t know exactly what, but something simple, like a window, where I can check who can use siege I place, with options: “Anyone, squad memebrs, guild members, party members, friend list, only me” could be a quick solution for this problem.

Any other ideas?

@edit
argh, error in topic name :s

(edited by Terkov.4138)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I guess I’m not the only one who saw sabotage in WvW. Killing golems on purpose (and sometimes openly admitting it!), turning trebs/mortars 180 degrees, etc…
We need something to prevent it, even if only partially. Right now I’m waiting for responce to my ticket about a guy killing 2 omegas, but even if ANet actually decides to punish him, it’s not a solution, as most players are too lazy to write a ticket, so such morons can destroy others fun and take no consequences.

We need some system. I don’t know exactly what, but something simple, like a window, where I can check who can use siege I place, with options: “Anyone, squad memebrs, guild members, party members, friend list, only me” could be a quick solution for this problem.

Any other ideas?

@edit

Maybe like an option when you click on them to “kick from Map” resulting in a 12 hour ban from that map, after selecting that option, a little sub-window pops up in the corner somewhere to everyone on the map with “yes” and “no”. If 80% of players say yes then he’s gone, if anything less then that, then person can not be nominated again for another 12 hours.

I dunno

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Any other ideas?

@edit

Maybe like an option when you click on them to “kick from Map” resulting in a 12 hour ban from that map, after selecting that option, a little sub-window pops up in the corner somewhere to everyone on the map with “yes” and “no”. If 80% of players say yes then he’s gone, if anything less then that, then person can not be nominated again for another 12 hours.

I dunno

Nah. Because of certain servers we know of, that would so be abused soo badly.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Yeah, it could be abused. Especially during prime time, when big part of map population are guilds that could cooperate :/

And what about simple block list? Like, if someone is on my /block, then he can’t use siege I placed.
Doesn’t solve issue of wasting supplies in keeps to build circles from rams, but at least saves golems and other siege from blocking it during attack.

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Defense against greifers is Arenanet’s design team’s problem, mostly.

The current supply system is horrible, but when I said this in map chat I got responses about how it was “skill” and that the server with the most people who don’t understand or intentionally screw over supply moves is somehow inferior and deserves to lose.

So I guess first thing is the playerbase needs to understand good game design and what is acceptable and put pressure on the devs to fix the supply system mess.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Anet can’t do much, especially put a kick option. If that ever came about, you can guarantee there would be guilds collaborating to boot people out of the map to make way for their own.

The other issue is playing how you want to play; perhaps those people find killing golems fun. It’s hard for Anet to tell them otherwise.

The only thing I can possibly think of that would stop it is for those who build the golem (or any siege) take full ownership of it. Meaning nobody can use it but them unless the specifically designate another player to use it (perhaps a right click option on the player)?

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Kick option? Terrible idea, open to abuse from large groups.

The ability to make only those you choose able to use siege? Again, terrible idea and open to abuse, as griefers would lay down siege in key spots and set them so only they can use them.

I find it a wise idea to look at every idea one thinks of and go “How can this be abused?” That might explain why it’s not implemented.

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

or like on arrowcarts the owner of the golem blueprint shoud be able to kick out the kittened from inside. Golems are the only sieges where you cant kick out… I say anet did this on purpose. So ask anet for your gold back. Also because this thread in in the www section it will be ignored

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

If X player gets x amount of reports the same day by the same hour he will be tagged red npc and players can now kill him.

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

2 steps to stopping the siege grievers (Anet has not actually admitted it is even against the rules yet btw)
A report option that describes grieving (siege grieving or whatever term they use) so multiple reports build quickly, and then Anet would need to have actual in game GMs who can respond in a timely manner to see the grievers in action.
Any bootable/bannable option should only be done by Anet GMs, NEVER by players

in WvW

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

What Anet needs to do is block all new accounts from WvW for the first two weeks. 99% of all griefers are brand-new, secondary accounts (based on the fact that they are upleveled w/ 0 to <100 achievement points), so banning them via infractions will accomplish nothing, as they’ll simply resume playing on their main accounts. Furthermore, banning them is ineffective due simply to the fact that by the time they are reported/banned, the damage has already been done and they’ve accomplished what they set out to do.

By banning ALL new accounts from WvW for a period of two weeks, these secondary accounts would have to be acquired several weeks prior to any matchup. Due to the randomness of all matchups this would make griefing for a specific matchup extremely difficult.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

in WvW

Posted by: Ronin.4501

Ronin.4501

Any other ideas?

I like this idea as well, but I’d flip it around. Rather than allowing only friends/guildmates to access the siege you’ve built, thus denying friendly PUGs the ability to use it, make it so that anyone on your Blocked list is unable to use it. Furthermore, adding anyone to your blocked list immediately kicks them off the siege.

Ronin V/Skhaar/Vicious Blacktongue
Dog Biscuits [DOG] – Stormbluff Isle
Self-Proclaimed King of Orr – “It’s MY Island”

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

1. Implement a 1-week WvW lockout following a transfer.
2. Implement level-locking for WvW abilities. For example (actual ranks & levels subject to change):
a. At level 5, unlock the ability to pick up supply and build another player’s blueprints.
b. At level 8, unlock the ability to operate arrow carts & ballistaes
c. At level 10, unlock catapults & trebs
d. At level 15, unlock Cannons & Mortars
e. At level 30, unlock Siege Golem Use
f. At level 40, unlock the ability to deploy your own blueprints
3. Ability to report players for WvW griefing.
4. Griefing penalties apply to a player’s primary + secondary accounts. It should be possible to identify related accounts from IP addresses, email address, guild membership, and inter-account mails.

(edited by Heimlich.3065)