We seriously need some better rewards.

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Anyone seen the cost of crafting one kitten ascended weapons? 200 Gold in total to reach 500 and craft one weapon. Subsequent weapons cost 50 g each. WvW players are completely shafted. Either give players bags of coins for each player kill or increase rewards for taking over areas or drop more heavy loot bags. This is getting out of hand.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

I think its freaken crazy.

I was in the Scarlet event zone watching netflix and just stayed there… didnt even TOUCH a mob… we LOST the event.. failed it…

and I came away with 2 greens, a rare, 3 dragonitte ore and 6 Bloostone things.

PvE and WvW rewards are so far out of wack at this point there is no more hope I thnk

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Just wait till season 1. Hopefully they’ll actually remember we exist then.

I ? Karkas.

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

Just wait till season 1. Hopefully they’ll actually remember we exist then.

Sorry, you’ll have to wait two months for that. If we decided WvW players existed halfway throughout the first Season, it would not be “fair” to the PvE players. When can you expect this? Soon. How soon? Can you wait a couple more Seasons?

Ledarius

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Anyone seen the cost of crafting one kitten ascended weapons? 200 Gold in total to reach 500 and craft one weapon. Subsequent weapons cost 50 g each. WvW players are completely shafted. Either give players bags of coins for each player kill or increase rewards for taking over areas or drop more heavy loot bags. This is getting out of hand.

You and people like you are the reason we are on this treadmill. Why aren’t you asking for new and better content instead of better gear and more loot??

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

You and people like you are the reason we are on this treadmill. Why aren’t you asking for new and better content instead of better gear and more loot??

Cause reward disparities that persist in new content diminish it significantly?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Cause reward disparities that persist in new content diminish it significantly?

You’re going to have to detail out for me what kind of significant new content you think WvW has had over the past year because I really can’t think of any worth mentioning. If WvW were fun, entertaining, fresh, and exciting you wouldn’t give a rat’s kitten whether or not there was a reward disparity with PvE … which by the way suffers from the same lack of meaningful content since Living Story “content” is mostly a way for ANet to substitute a loot grind for clever game design. How many invasions would you have bothered to do if the loot hadn’t been there? Not many I’d venture, since zerging mobs out in the open got boring as hell after just a few of them.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

What I find most appalling about this whole situation is that PvE players have been making tons of money off the living story content over the past few weeks. They’re the ones who can afford paying the high costs associated with leveling crafting disciplines to 500 and crafting ascended weapons. Meanwhile, WvW players, who were already eons behind on the reward curve to begin with, must now struggle to cover the costs – or pony up the cash to buy gold from the gem shop in order to keep up. The fact that WvW is the only format (outside of fractals) where ascended gear actually makes a real difference only adds insult to injury.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Are you really kidding yourself into believing it actually takes effort to balance rewards between PvE and WvW? Changing a number from, say, 5, to say, 12?

This has nothing to do with new content or the exclusion thereof. It has to do with remaining competitive without having to grind PvE, which is what a lot of other hardcore WvW players would like to see I’m sure.

Treadmills you say… Would you rather WvW be about who grinded PvE most to win due to gear? Seen that in other games, I don’t play those games. Have, but don’t anymore.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

Treadmills you say… Would you rather WvW be about who grinded PvE most to win due to gear? Seen that in other games, I don’t play those games. Have, but don’t anymore.

You do now

Anyway once more WvW hasn’t been taken into account while implementing new stuff that will have a big impact on it. Leave alone the new content.

Zerg play has been even more encouraged (mats dropping from lords) while roaming, defending obj and actual player vs player is becoming always more pointless.

The grind in this game for someone that wants to play fun PVP is becoming ridiculous. First the daily grind for laureld -> trinkets. Than you are forced to pve for the back piece. Now I’d have to grind a crafting profession 0-500 because of the new bullkitten tier that you can’t even buy on tp or in other ways.

People on the WvW forum has been talking for weeks about this and once again they have been completely ignored.

I’m getting real tired of this kitten.

And who here really thinks that the future 3 capture points in the middle of each map are going to drastically improve the hell awfull situation we have now? I srsly don’t.

We need better reward but they need to be implemented carefully, it’s time to stop incentivating zerg play and mindless tower flipping

(edited by Delta Blues.8507)

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think everyone would like some new WvW content. We would also like the rewards between PvE and WvW to be normalized.

Frankly, I would be happy if WvW was slighly worse than PvE (to keep WvW from becoming a PvE farm) but the current state is ridiculous.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Are you really kidding yourself into believing it actually takes effort to balance rewards between PvE and WvW? Changing a number from, say, 5, to say, 12?

This has nothing to do with new content or the exclusion thereof. It has to do with remaining competitive without having to grind PvE, which is what a lot of other hardcore WvW players would like to see I’m sure.

Of course it would be relatively easy to simply change the number, but that doesn’t fix anything and wouldn’t be needed at all if you never wanted to do PvE. It just perpetuates the gear/loot treadmill when all we really care about is being able to compete straight up with other players in a fresh and meaningful environment.

Try to look at it this way … if everyone playing WvW had access to all of the abilities they do now but if EVERYONE never was able to use anything better than greens, would the game be less fun to play?? Not in the least, and if players were clamoring for better content and more intelligently configured matches where raw population didn’t figure so prominently, ANet wouldn’t be able to deflect the issue by putting us all on this treadmill. You and others who make this an issue of loot merely feed the root cause of the problem.

And how on earth can you say this?

“Would you rather WvW be about who grinded PvE most to win due to gear? Seen that in other games, I don’t play those games. Have, but don’t anymore.”

You sure as hell are playing it now, and if you don’t realize that you need to take a pill or something.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

WvW is nothing more than a mini-game in this PvE Game.

Welcome to the expanded version of LoTR!!!

YaY

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

I’m so disappointed that the interesting pvp mode (for me and most others based on numbers) is a total contradiction to the mandate and is in actuality:
“Your can’t play it your way”
“You have to grind PvE and living story crap to not be disadvantaged in wvw”
“Gear grind basis for pvp”
“New grinds every 2 weeks”
“No proper support for WvW e.g. party systems broken for a year! I mean WTF”

etc

etc

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

The fix is stupid simple, but then again so is the dev team…

PvE should be the primary path to loot and gold. Mind numbing no-skill-required content is built for the MMO scrubs which make up the bulk of the MMO community. The success of any MMO is drawn from pleasing these drooling idiots who’re bad at every game they’ve ever played and only ever played on the lowest difficulty setting if given the option. So sure flesh out PvE with a volume of no-skill-required rewards ANet, it’s not like you’re capable of making quality content.

WvW on the other hand should hold the greatest non monetary rewards. We don’t need bull&#! rewards, we need prestigious rewards. Rewards that say "bad mother $&#!er!" and not "Yeah, I had alot of free time." . WvW is supposed to be about putting boot to #&! for your server, not trying to augment your bank account.

Fixing this is as easy as making WvW specific armor, weapons, backslot items, and skill based titles that are only progressed against enemy players ( ex: # of attacks dodged with less than 25% health “Catlike Reflexes” title. # of enemies defeated while you have less than 25% health “Killer Comebacks” title. 60 critical hits landed without a miss/block/reflect in 60 seconds “Steaming Pile of Crit” title.). When a seasoned WvW player that is genuinely good at the game is trapped in a queue, the PvE scrubs should be able to bare witness what awesome looks like and know they’ll never feel the sensation of being challenged nor offered the opportunity to showcase their skill (or more accurately the lack thereof).

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I think we all know we`re just slaves for the PvErs.

We fight hours over one spot, more then likely dying loads, spending a fortune on repair bills, having to pay to even install waypoints, merchants & npcs that can be killed all too easily & for what?
To give the server a smidgen more hp/etc to help those PvErs dragon slay (cough spam one cough)

The scarlet zergs (which for some reason is now flashing up in WvWs, you could run & fill over 100 bag slots with loot & gain plenty of silver/gold over a short time.
Having to vendor/salvage whilst fighting mobs & fighting for bag space ;p

To get that in WvWs would take weeks or months.

Worse, I suffered that to get the watch-tonic, something to play with in WvWs.
But oooooooh no, we`re not allowed to use those in there.

Don`t even get me started on the fact we need years to get the WvWs achievements, whereas PvErs get new ones every two weeks :$

/sigh

Could be worse though, at least we get hundreds of grey spikes, all those in bgs get are crappy click to salvage every time items & once in a blue moon a dye.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I’m mostly a WvW player and I’ve had more problem getting to 500 crafting and making the items I need to to make my weapon.

The 200g figure was the QUICKEST way to get to 500, not the cheapest. Please remember that.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I just hit 100 gold and thought I was rich =(

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Did that a couple of days before this patch, first time ever felt rich.
Nice of them to force us to spend that on mats that WvWs isn`t dropping :$

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

100gold is 5 days farm of orichalcum and ancient wood log……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I want to buy a commander book but Im afraid of using up all my gold, having only just reached 118 gold yesterday for the first time :c

I ? Karkas.

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

The fix is stupid simple, but then again so is the dev team…

PvE should be the primary path to loot and gold. Mind numbing no-skill-required content is built for the MMO scrubs which make up the bulk of the MMO community. The success of any MMO is drawn from pleasing these drooling idiots who’re bad at every game they’ve ever played and only ever played on the lowest difficulty setting if given the option. So sure flesh out PvE with a volume of no-skill-required rewards ANet, it’s not like you’re capable of making quality content.

WvW on the other hand should hold the greatest non monetary rewards. We don’t need bull&#! rewards, we need prestigious rewards. Rewards that say "bad mother $&#!er!" and not "Yeah, I had alot of free time." . WvW is supposed to be about putting boot to #&! for your server, not trying to augment your bank account.

Fixing this is as easy as making WvW specific armor, weapons, backslot items, and skill based titles that are only progressed against enemy players ( ex: # of attacks dodged with less than 25% health “Catlike Reflexes” title. # of enemies defeated while you have less than 25% health “Killer Comebacks” title. 60 critical hits landed without a miss/block/reflect in 60 seconds “Steaming Pile of Crit” title.). When a seasoned WvW player that is genuinely good at the game is trapped in a queue, the PvE scrubs should be able to bare witness what awesome looks like and know they’ll never feel the sensation of being challenged nor offered the opportunity to showcase their skill (or more accurately the lack thereof).

pretty much everything this dude said. the WvW devs are failing so hard its almost impossible to believe they aren’t doing it on purpose

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I can agree with this. It is going to be bad once ascended armor comes out and you need like 700g worth of stuff to get all of it.

in WvW

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I think we all know we`re just slaves for the PvErs.

We fight hours over one spot, more then likely dying loads, spending a fortune on repair bills, having to pay to even install waypoints, merchants & npcs that can be killed all too easily & for what?
To give the server a smidgen more hp/etc to help those PvErs dragon slay (cough spam one cough)

The scarlet zergs (which for some reason is now flashing up in WvWs, you could run & fill over 100 bag slots with loot & gain plenty of silver/gold over a short time.
Having to vendor/salvage whilst fighting mobs & fighting for bag space ;p

To get that in WvWs would take weeks or months.

Worse, I suffered that to get the watch-tonic, something to play with in WvWs.
But oooooooh no, we`re not allowed to use those in there.

Don`t even get me started on the fact we need years to get the WvWs achievements, whereas PvErs get new ones every two weeks :$

/sigh

Could be worse though, at least we get hundreds of grey spikes, all those in bgs get are crappy click to salvage every time items & once in a blue moon a dye.

I was actually thinking exactly that yesterday. If only WvW was considered viable volunteer work when applying for a job. :C

I ? Karkas.

in WvW

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

If you blame not having a ascended weapon while the enemy does for dying, its an L2P issue. Ascended weapons are by no means required, simple as that.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in WvW

Seven Star Stalker.1740

If you blame not having a ascended weapon while the enemy does for dying, its an L2P issue. Ascended weapons are by no means required, simple as that.

I don’t think anyone 100% blames it, but with the natural imbalance in WvW, it’s like an extra weight we have to carry.

I ? Karkas.

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

That’s bullkitten and it’s already been discussed. Sure if you play in a zerg you can walk around with blues. If you only pick on upleveled and stupids you dont need it.

Fact is ascended gives 10%+ stats/dmg increase and if you actually look for good fights against good players that’s huge.

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

have to grind like an idiot to get ascendeds and now we even lose out on half of the rewards if we are not into crafting… just get your boring pve grind off my back, Anet. Gauntlet’s challenges and SAB are the good direction, farming crap is not and grinding for an equal powerlevel should be forbidden for you guys.. remember the manifesto.. i mean wtf happened, this game is a HUGE grind now just to be on the same powerlevel as others. its sad! having to craft to be even able to use the rewards i get in WvW… makes me cry!!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

I play 1h a day, since headstart, wvw only. I own 17g. Few days back I had the most powerful weapons in the game. lol

I dont give a crap about ascended weapons in the current state. Its not achievable for me. As soon as I notice everyones running around with ascended weapons in WvW, I quit this game.