Weaver for solo roaming?

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Nevostrius.2758

Nevostrius.2758

Hello all,

Im excited about the new Weaver elite spec for the ele and all the skills the ele gets.
I was wondering if it will be likely for the ele to be viable in WvW solo roaming with this new spec. I saw there are some new 600 range escape skills that would be good to engange/disengage fights. But will that be enough? Or is it just better to stick with a guradian?

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lol how the should we know without having played it… roaming is so much more than just disengage

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Just have to wait and see. I hope a none water/earth build will be viable for eles. Their is a condition removal trait that remove conditions ever 0.5sec whenever they have superspeed and gain superspeed when immob, cripple, chilled. Then weaver get barrier(500-800hp) whenever they use a dual skill. Also weaver get a vitality trait that +120 vitality plus 5% per power/precision. Yea looks like a fun spec but what about the other profession. I know the FA builds will be more powerful.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Vanilla scepter/dagger is good solo roamer. Just need to much more skilled than enemies, but in WvW it shouldn’t be hard.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Vanilla scepter/dagger is good solo roamer. Just need to much more skilled than enemies, but in WvW it shouldn’t be hard.

I agree, zerk staff is also amazing vs potatoes.

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Sure as long as you don’t mind long range sniping from the Deadeye. Highly mobile long range stealth class… sounds awful problematic in competitive play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Sure as long as you don’t mind long range sniping from the Deadeye. Highly mobile long range stealth class… sounds awful problematic in competitive play.

This. Long range sniping might be another matter if ANet spec developers were applying sufficient opportunity costs to the new specs, but the first set of Elite Specs did not do that, so I have little reason to think the new ones will, beyond the obvious “must give up Daredevil and its three dodge endurance bar.”

Weaver for solo roaming?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

… I have little reason to think the new ones will, beyond the obvious “must give up Daredevil and its three dodge endurance bar.”

Dare Devil certainly amplified the thief’s ability to dish out damage at close range. Seems with Deadeye ANet may have finally patched the one true weakness the thief has in roaming and that is ranged attacks. Being able to engage outside of most classes range is going to be fun. Terrifying if it can out shoot a Ranger or GF Warrior.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”