Week of 11/16: SBI vs JQ vs SOS

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Q:

What is the latest score report?
I will be using the answer feature to move score updates to the top.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

(edited by cold.3946)

in WvW

cold.3946

A:

The current scores as of 9:45 pm PST on Thanksgiving night 11/22.
I might not be updating the answer regularly from here until reset, so if you want the absolute latest score please check the end of the thread.

Sea of Sorrows     218,849 (+275)
Jade Quarry          165,790 (+155)
Stormbluff Isle     163,683 (+265)
Turkey                                 1
Keg                                        0

Congratulations to SoS on an exciting first week in tier one and a well deserved victory. You came, you saw, you conquered. You showed us how hungry you all were, a feeling that on this Thanksgiving night I believe I will never feel again. You showed class and poise, something we appreciate in this tier. Most of all you showed generosity and I look forward to knowing that in our loss we were at least able to help out through your charitable donation.

Though we were never quite able to recover from that 30-40k point lead, I’m happy to see that both JQ and SBI are still putting up a fight even as I write this. This week has been the most fun I’ve had in a long time of WvW despite the image below aptly describing how it felt from our perspective. I’m sure many great battles lie ahead, but for now let’s all congratulate SoS on their win.

Attachments:

www.strikeforceguild.com

(edited by cold.3946)

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

3rd Stormbluff Isle 751 +145
2nd Jade Quarry 1,122 +250
1st Sea of Sorrows 1,193 +300

Last I checked

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

RIGHT NOW there’s an SOS person underground at Bluevale Refuge attacking things with impunity on SBI borderlands (green). Can target and report (reported as botting), but unable to get an account ID.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Zahrim.3601

Zahrim.3601

Account ID’s are now hidden per the last patch notes.

Zahrim
[ATac] Applied Tactics
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Good luck this week. Lets get thru the initial “were new to T-1 so we got lots to prove lets rush in hard” weekend zerg and get down to the chess match. JQ. Where you at? get in here boys!!!! :>

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

current score:

Sea of Sorrows: 9,744 +300
Stormbluff Isle: 7,109 +230
Jade Quarry: 6,762 +165

This is the first Tier 1 BL SoS ever took, tough fight, great fight.

And I have no idea how we kept one single garrison on SoS BL for so long, I believe the fight there might be more intense, thats where im going to.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Doing well SoS! Let’s not lose any steam! – Mockingbird

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Way to come out swinging SoS. Good fights all night.

in WvW

Posted by: Rusalka.5930

Rusalka.5930

SoS hitting hard as promised.. I think you guys have managed to distract us a little from this Lost Shores event and the new dungeon. Glad to have a new server with us in T1… I think it’s a little bit of a tradition now for SBI to take weekends easy (I know for one that I’m slacking off haha!) and have some rest from a long week of fighting. See you on Monday :P

Forever home in JQ ~ [ATM]

in WvW

Posted by: glock.2089

glock.2089

Good luck SoS, I’ve had the pleasure of facing your forces already on SBI and have received several “bows” and “salutes” from your players which is a good sign you are as classy a server as advertised

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Good luck this week. Lets get thru the initial “were new to T-1 so we got lots to prove lets rush in hard” weekend zerg and get down to the chess match. JQ. Where you at? get in here boys!!!! :>

Couple of major things this week will effect this match. The one time event will definitely pull all but the most dedicated away this weekend (and I would imagine a server who is new to the tier would, on average, have more people dedicated to fight because of the enthusiasm). Also, a number of people are leaving over the start of a gear treadmill. Then at the end of the week Thanksgiving may pullsome people away (but bring some people in). All around its gonna be a strange week.

Those two things may affect some servers more than others for a variety of reasons (one of which I mentioned above). I for one (on JQ), am gone until Tuesday and then gone again on Thanksgiving through Friday.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Yeah this week won’t be representative of a real WvW week at all. Too many things are going on that are pulling people away. No side should pound their chest over a victory.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

can anyone identify this player and or guild? I was at sunny from the time we lost garrison and bay, to the time they attacked sunny, and it was clear. Once JQ launched their assault, our gate never fell…was ours throughout the night and mornng. As soon as we started defending the JQ attack, this guy appeared on the wall and began to attack us from behind. There is NO way he entered Sunny normally.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

There is an endless supply of excuses… some are factual and some are fanciful. Excuses don’t make for good battle nor bedtime story.

Certainly there are challenges… but heros are measured by the strength, cunning, determination, and sometimes even the luck of their enemies.

The winner of the match will be the server that can bring it to the ticks… steady and sure. The winner of the match will be the server that can see through adversity, maneuver around obstacles, blow past obstruction, and ignore the attrition of disinterest/distraction.

• If circumstances become so dire that our forces must meet naked, with nothing but snaggled teeth and bloody fingers to rip flesh from bones… Bring it.
  • After the blood of both enemy and ally has washed sight from our eyes… Bring it.
  • After the wails of the dying have long since deafened us… Bring it.

Rally up!

(edited by zortek.9607)

in WvW

Posted by: Wiredgunslinger.5480

Wiredgunslinger.5480

Couple of major things this week will effect this match. The one time event will definitely pull all but the most dedicated away this weekend (and I would imagine a server who is new to the tier would, on average, have more people dedicated to fight because of the enthusiasm). Also, a number of people are leaving over the start of a gear treadmill. Then at the end of the week Thanksgiving may pullsome people away (but bring some people in). All around its gonna be a strange week.

Those two things may affect some servers more than others for a variety of reasons (one of which I mentioned above). I for one (on JQ), am gone until Tuesday and then gone again on Thanksgiving through Friday.

No the only thing affecting this match is SBI’s superior off peak forces. We tried hard as hell this morning but were outnumbered buffed most of it.

Server: SoS Guild: Work
Verucalize: 80 Thief
Señor Chang: 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Hats off to all those in SoS BL last night. Thanks JQ for breaching garrison so we can have a tower to siege from, that helped our insta queue last night The 3 way fight for Garrison was awesome, that SoS counter on our Bay pulled it in for JQ to get the Garrison, good work on pulling us off!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Hats off to all those in SoS BL last night. Thanks JQ for breaching garrison so we can have a tower to siege from, that helped our insta queue last night The 3 way fight for Garrison was awesome, that SoS counter on our Bay pulled it in for JQ to get the Garrison, good work on pulling us off!

I echo these thoughts… I saw the battle from the JQ perspective. It was a very interesting 3-way tango that used the entire dance floor. On more than one occasion, I saw all three server tags on my screen in a wash of aoe suppression and support.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

I’m happy to see the SOS guys using their puppy heads. They aren’t mindless attack bots. They are going after whoever is weakest, and going after them hard. They were spawn camping us last night in JQ BL to the point they were losing camps for it, and for that, I no longer like you…but I do respect the tactical brilliance you’re showing. Now that I don’t like you though; I will have to kill you dead. <3

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

I echo these thoughts… I saw the battle from the JQ perspective. It was a very interesting 3-way tango that used the entire dance floor. On more than one occasion, I saw all three server tags on my screen in a wash of aoe suppression and support.

I was in that too it was tons of fun. Props to SoS for some lords room defense first time we broke in the doorway was literally all red with arrow carts and siege and aoe and all that fun stuff. Nicely done we finally did get it but after a lot of hard work and lots of deaths on my end at least lol.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

We were like, “yeah, just wait and let JQ do all the work, we can def swoop in and steal it!” That uhh….didn’t work out as planned

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

SBI doesn’t rely on Koreans, we have a day-team too. We fought hard in SBI BL during American hours last night and managed to get a majority holding on the map, doggedly. SoS is definitely playing at T1 levels, BG definitely deserves to be in T2. Only thing BG accomplished in the last 2 weeks I’ve been fighting them is capturing the castle in EB and holding it.. while they lose every other holding on every other map.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

I’ll definitely have a reduction in my playtime, but I’ll be pushing hard when I can. I definitely don’t like how there’s really not much diversity in WvW gear, so you have to leave and go to the regular dungeons and whatnot to get different skins.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

SBI slacking off in the weekend and relying on Koreans might very well be their downfall when the Koreans decide to slack during the week

Ignore him. He’s still bitter over talking all that trash early on and then getting bumped to T-2. Snow. Let it go. Focus on winning your league.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Raven you really need to let it go, want to know why nobody appreciates and respects Blackgate? It’s because of crap like that, get over it.

Good to see Sea of Sorrows grow since I transferred off (Stupid old crappy NA coverage, then the week I transfer off you guys get all kinds of NA guilds)

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

(edited by Alsonia.4753)

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

Refreshing seeing you SoS guys out there last night. Just about every keep, camp, or road that I found myself on went a little something like this…

and once the gates where down…

So I thought I’d just chill out and run yaks until your ninja doom squad appeared..

I don’t know how you guys pull this stuff off. There are just so many of you! ><

(disclaimer: Youtube doesn’t use kittens…)

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

in WvW

cold.3946

Sea of Sorrows    27,781 (+235)
Stormbluff Isle    25,393 (+220)
Jade Quarry         22,563 (+240)

Attachments:

www.strikeforceguild.com

(edited by cold.3946)

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The chickens are SoS during Oceanic prime time.

It’s the stuff of nightmares I tell you.

(edited by Azure Prower.8701)

in WvW

Posted by: Cabol.8904

Cabol.8904

Echoing Cover Girl’s question a bit ago, this happened just 20 minutes ago at Sunnyhill. Gates fine after a JQ attempt, no breach. This thief from HzH just appears in the tower and starts running around killing siege. Just awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/bergalad/gw008.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Wait till they start flyhacking mesmers into your keeps because you’ve defended a keep from then for 6 hours and they couldn’t get in legit.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Militiaa.9735

Militiaa.9735

Here are the scores of the match that has been played, Really fun so far.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

SBI slacking off in the weekend and relying on Koreans might very well be their downfall when the Koreans decide to slack during the week

Ignore him. He’s still bitter over talking all that trash early on and then getting bumped to T-2. Snow. Let it go. Focus on winning your league.

Bitter? Talking trash?
I’m not sure what exactly you’r talking about, as I had great fights for the 3 weeks I was in T1 with BG and enjoyed my time.
Outside of SBI/JQ being full of QQ and just doing anything they could to dirty BG’s name the 1st 2 weeks I actually enjoyed most of the last weeks forum talk too.

All my comment was pointing out is that if SBI is going to get used to slacking in the weekend they’r going to loose during the weeks too once that force leaves the game or gets bored of it.

As for pointing out behavior.
You got it stuck into your head that anyone from Blackgate is a baddie without second thought.
So don’t go pointing your finger at others while you’r the one with the problem.

As for me being in this thread
I’m pretty interested in how this match will turn out.
I hope Blackgate wins T2 and SoS manages to push either of the 2 servers out of T1 so we can get a really fresh match-up next week.
But we ll have to see how the weekday battle goes before we can anticipate anything at all.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

So JQ commanders. Here are two confirmed incidents involving some thiefs on your servers getting into the Sunnyhill base while it is secured. The guy in my pic, Myself and 3 others watched him attempt another entry via the rear entrance after the pic/post. Same guy, same situation. Please address this as best you can with your players.

SBI commanders, keep watch for our guys doing this if its happening on our side and squash it. We don’t need dishonor among the ranks of the top 3 servers. Thanks guys for working with us all on this.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Veetus.5814

Veetus.5814

So JQ commanders. Here are two confirmed incidents involving some thiefs on your servers getting into the Sunnyhill base while it is secured. The guy in my pic, Myself and 3 others watched him attempt another entry via the rear entrance after the pic/post. Same guy, same situation. Please address this as best you can with your players.

SBI commanders, keep watch for our guys doing this if its happening on our side and squash it. We don’t need dishonor among the ranks of the top 3 servers. Thanks guys for working with us all on this.

Where are the pics?

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

scroll up. both of us posted pics in earlier posts.

here is an additional pic of the thief about to make a play into the base. he saw us watching him and ran off.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

cold.3946

Friendly reminder: please be sure to use the ingame report feature, as that’s the only way for Arenanet to take action. I’m sure CG is aware of this but perhaps others aren’t.

Bringing exploiters to the attention of their guild officers is also a great way for the community to police itself. SBI and JQ have been very proactive about this in the past. Let’s keep working at it to keep tier 1 free of unscrupulous play.

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Aggression [AGG] you have the best thief in the game. He knows who he is.
Kudos to you.. you evaded us for 2 hours killing siege, workers, merchants, hell everything that moved. I had fun watching you.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Server events will nearly always affect SoS more, due to the nature of the SoS server.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Server events will nearly always affect SoS more, due to the nature of the SoS server.

Oh what is the SoS server? I didn’t know there were different types of servers (other than Euro/US)

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Been a good 2 days so far, some really intense stuff out there. That LoD hammer train is nucking futs, I don’t think I could’ve lived through that crap even if my healing didn’t take a 50% hit from the Evasive Arcana nerf.

On a side note, there seriously needs to be diminishing returns in this game. Removing an immobilize just to have another one thrown on me, just to cleanse that one, then have another thrown and cleansed off again, just to be chained hammer stunned from 100 to 0% makes one feel like utter kitten.

On another side note, everyone keep up the good work (on all servers). It’s nice seeing new people on the battlefield, and I’m sure everyone on SBI and JQ thinks so too.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in WvW

Posted by: snivs.5134

snivs.5134

Aggression [AGG] you have the best thief in the game. He knows who he is.
Kudos to you.. you evaded us for 2 hours killing siege, workers, merchants, hell everything that moved. I had fun watching you.

Heh, I am curious as to who this is. What race was he?

Commander Oxram Ironbrow 80 Warrior
AGGRESSION [Agg] Sea of Sorrows
http://www.aggression-gw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: sheldon.3825

sheldon.3825

I’m one of the member from DD guild, some of ya don’t know us but we’ve been around since open-beta. but anyways..
fighting against prx reminds me of the old HoD, well of course it would since prx was the one of the core guilds in HoD. Their forces are pretty disciplined, responsive, and strong. But seems like they have gotten dirtier since last time we’ve fought against ‘em.
-portal bombing
-frame bugs
-and etc
also have about 2+ thieves to keep hitting the watergate at the keep so that we have to port back to the entrance of eternal instead of keep.
I c them using a lot of the in game sources for the best result but.. just keeps bugging me that they’ve gotten dirtier on wvw..
but it’s not the end yet.
let’s keep up til friday nite !

Valkyrie Slayer Warrior [Commander]
Shelenn Elementalist / Pink Cloak Thief / Valkyrie Templar Guardian
Member of [GR] from Kaineng Server

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I c them using a lot of the in game sources for the best result but.. just keeps bugging me that they’ve gotten dirtier on wvw..

funny how you think these tactics are dirty, perhaps we should build our golems out in the open to be more sporting.

in WvW

Posted by: Tdawg.8309

Tdawg.8309

Atm in JQ borderlands we have a player building rams on the supply camp ruining our supplies on purpose and yesterday we had another player jumping off hills with an omega golem on SoS border, killing our golems.

Just trying to mention that portal bombing doesn’t seem like such a dirty tactic to me when that happends.

in WvW

Posted by: Archiael.3258

Archiael.3258

Hi, what was otherwise an excellent battle in Jade Quarry Borderlands has been marred by some unfortunate behaviour. One, and I suspect more, people have been building flame rams next to the supply depots for no apparent reason, other than to I suspect, deliberately drain supply and to reach the siege cap.

This happened at ~10:30-11:00pm Sydney time on the JQ borderlands in the SoS server.
If anyone knows this person, please implore them to stop. And if it’s a deliberate tactic by someone from another server, I hope you understand it’s not conducive to a healthy competitive environment.

And as an addendum, I’ve heard that there were people who hopped into golems and jumped them off SoS borderlands garrison.

And as a further addendum, it has been amazing playing against JQ and SBI so far, the battles have been pretty tense and the sieges have been pretty fun, both offensive and defensive, hope this will continue all week!

Attachments:

Necromancer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Archiael.3258)

in WvW

cold.3946

Score update since nobody else is posting them.

Attachments:

www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Daish.6139

Daish.6139

it will be Monday in Australia when it is Sunday in the US that is when Sea of Sorrows will go down hill even trying to night cap

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

it will be Monday in Australia when it is Sunday in the US that is when Sea of Sorrows will go down hill even trying to night cap

If everything Daish said about his own server were true, we’d be in Tier 26. Daish, you’re a pretty decent strategist, but you have the people skills of a birthing rhinoceros. Thankfully, we’ve somehow tripped, fell, and miraculously landed in Tier 1 despite all of the things you say about us.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

I like how you turned this into Q&A so the latest score is always the 2nd reply. I APPROVE!

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

I’m one of the member from DD guild, some of ya don’t know us but we’ve been around since open-beta. but anyways..
fighting against prx reminds me of the old HoD, well of course it would since prx was the one of the core guilds in HoD. Their forces are pretty disciplined, responsive, and strong. But seems like they have gotten dirtier since last time we’ve fought against ‘em.
-portal bombing
-frame bugs
-and etc
also have about 2+ thieves to keep hitting the watergate at the keep so that we have to port back to the entrance of eternal instead of keep.

There are a few things that are not dirty trick. Except the portal bombs which is recently became an issue, the other thing you listed is what the old HoD did to us since late August. I can’t say it’s PRX guild, it could be other guilds. What I’m saying is those tricks have a long enough history, there’s nothing to fuss about
Keep the wp being contested is annoying, but we’ve gone thru more tricks I just don’t want to recall here. We’re doing fine so far and I’m sure we’ll sort a way to counter these tricks.

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas