Week of 11/16: SBI vs JQ vs SOS

in WvW

Posted by: Relentless.6709

Relentless.6709

The thief isn’t hacking. He’s using infiltrators arrow to ‘teleport’ him into the keep. In the one picture posted, you can see he has his crossbow out ready to use the skill. In the thief forums, a thief actually just posted a video the other day showing various places you can use the skill to get access to. Yes, it is a problem and I’m sure Anet will address so don’t get all QQ about it and blame the thief for hacking. Direct all anger at Anet for the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Evenstar.7189

Evenstar.7189

SOS is very strong….

I don’t think like this..

Good Game Storm would be trying hard..

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

This match is far from over. We don’t have a dedicated daytime and EU prime coverage so this still can be anyone’s game.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

I would think 13 – 16k is not a whole lot of difference in tier one. Still up for grabs. I almost want to transfer over just to watch it unfold in the last few days. I won’t, but it’s tempting…..yes I am a strat thief :p

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

in WvW

Posted by: Syphen.1980

Syphen.1980

The thief isn’t hacking. He’s using infiltrators arrow to ‘teleport’ him into the keep. In the one picture posted, you can see he has his crossbow out ready to use the skill. In the thief forums, a thief actually just posted a video the other day showing various places you can use the skill to get access to. Yes, it is a problem and I’m sure Anet will address so don’t get all QQ about it and blame the thief for hacking. Direct all anger at Anet for the issue.

They were supposed to have fixed the ability to do that. I would bug it and screenshot it ingame so they know exactly where it is. There is probably a terain block that got overlooked and needs to be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhar.6392

Dhar.6392

I would think 13 – 16k is not a whole lot of difference in tier one. Still up for grabs. I almost want to transfer over just to watch it unfold in the last few days. I won’t, but it’s tempting…..yes I am a strat thief :p

JQ was up by at least this much last weekend. Given the major event taking place… it’s not surprising. If the lead stretches to 40-50K…then it might be too much to recover from; but 10-25K is still a wide open match this early.

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

It was fun going againsts SBI & JQ !
Non-stop action… luv it ! xD

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Sunday, November 18 2012 11:56AM

I guess I’m a nub, because I don’t know how to reply as an “answer”….

Attachments:

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

(edited by Jedbacca.6297)

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

Exploiting…nice :| No matter how relentlessly you defend using this, it is an exploit. Take some screenies and write up a how to and submit to Anet.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

in WvW

Posted by: Relentless.6709

Relentless.6709

Exploiting…nice :| No matter how relentlessly you defend using this, it is an exploit. Take some screenies and write up a how to and submit to Anet.

Wrong. It’s not an exploit. An exploit is doings something unintended. If this were an issue, it would have been fixed. It hasn’t or wasn’t. In fact, it wasn’t even in their Nov. 15th patch. Honestly, it’s really not that big of a deal though it can be annoying. It is hit or miss where we can use it and is far less of a threat then the mesmer portal bouncing from place to place.

in WvW

Posted by: Fletch.4603

Fletch.4603

Sbi going to ever attack sos in eternal or are they allied

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Atm in JQ borderlands we have a player building rams on the supply camp ruining our supplies on purpose and yesterday we had another player jumping off hills with an omega golem on SoS border, killing our golems.

Just trying to mention that portal bombing doesn’t seem like such a dirty tactic to me when that happends.

Same thing happened to SBI last week, only they used 30 arrow carts in the skrit farming area. I have an idea who it is, but no solid proof…

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Yes, SBI is always allied with a server every match up. You got us…

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

lol…you’re terrible allies too…how many times do we have to tell you…we’re you’re allies…you attack the OTHER team, but no, instead you seem to keep attacking us and taking our things, so now we have to fight SBI and JQ!

sarcasm intended

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

SOS dont give yourself excuses now. we have shown we are capable standing toe to toe with other tier 1 servers in strategy and ability.

the only thing that can make sos lose is lack of participation.

keep getting people into the boarderlands. spam your guild. spam lions arch. spam those new pve areas.

do you want to tell people that you “did some pve and killed some mobs like we’ve done in WOW for the last 10 years” or you “helped carry your server from rank 12 to rank 1 champion in 1 swift 2 month undefeated rise to the top”?

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Excellent. SBI is the host for Friday’s 3-Server Dance Party before the Shuffle.

Food trays are on you! :P

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

SOS dont give yourself excuses now. we have shown we are capable standing toe to toe with other tier 1 servers in strategy and ability.

keep getting people into the boarderlands. spam your guild. spam lions arch. spam those new pve areas.

do you want to tell people that you “did some pve and killed some mobs like we’ve done in WOW for the last 10 years” or you “helped carry your server from rank 12 to rank 1 champion in 1 swift 2 month undefeated rise to the top”?

Hold on there cowboy. It’s Sunday. You aren’t the undefeated champs yet/

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: kiddo.1423

kiddo.1423

Wow this is getting embarrassing

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Wow….now I know SBI are the comeback kids….but looks like Sea of Sparrows have gone madski….nice work SoS.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

Attachments:

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoS was ranked 5th during 24 hour matchups and then dropped to 10th. They never dropped further than 10th.

in WvW

Posted by: Mouse.4782

Mouse.4782

Hold on there cowboy. It’s Sunday. You aren’t the undefeated champs yet/

Ssshhh… you’re spoiling the climax. Let them have their moment of glory

——
Raichi – Sylvari Mesmer (Strike Force)
Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Elterzzz.4378

SoS was ranked 5th during 24 hour matchups and then dropped to 10th. They never dropped further than 10th.

source? pretty sure we went further down than 10th rank. if you’re looking at matchups page you got the wrong details. WvW has been going on before that page existed

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Going to need SBI guilds to start queueing now. A weekend 20-30k point deficit is par for the course, but SoS is far more dedicated than any new T1 server we’ve faced.

Many of their forces skipped the PvE this weekend for map control. That is worth our attention considering they have coverage during the same hours we do and seem to only lack EU which we do as well.

Commendable effort and attitude thus far SoS. You guys deserve to be in tier 1, no question.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

source? pretty sure we went further down than 10th rank. if you’re looking at matchups page you got the wrong details. WvW has been going on before that page existed

I am pretty sure because I was on SoS since day one until about a month and a half ago and I remember being stuck in 10th for a long time. . Maybe we did drop to 12th and I just didn’t notice. Sadly I do not have a source. Wish those matchups went back a bit further. Though I am 100 percent sure when the weekly matchups began SoS was ranked 5th.

(edited by SmokeyNYY.7841)

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Wow….now I know SBI are the comeback kids….but looks like Sea of Sparrows have gone madski….nice work SoS.

well, this is normal considering there was a huge event going on right now. A huge chest full of rares and exotics. in my zerg alone 9 people got precursors so that’s where all sbi and jq were. SOS are dedicated that’s for sure, to miss out on free loot.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Elterzzz.4378

Going to need SBI guilds to start queueing now. A weekend 20-30k point deficit is par for the course, but SoS is far more dedicated than any new T1 server we’ve faced.

Many of their forces skipped the PvE this weekend for map control. That is worth our attention considering they have coverage during the same hours we do and seem to only lack EU which we do as well.

Commendable effort and attitude thus far SoS. You guys deserve to be in tier 1, no question.

Thanks, all due to the hard work and dedication from fellow Sea of Sorrowers
We’ve faced so much criticism from our past opponents, and yet we still hold on strong. We are here in Tier 1 to prove them wrong which is why we aim to stay dedicated and focused. We’re definately expecting a storm coming during the upcoming days, and im sure my fellow SoS brethens are going to fight back with the same hard work and dedication we used to get here in the first place. Been quite a fun matchup this week and may it continue to be so!

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Good luck this week. Lets get thru the initial “were new to T-1 so we got lots to prove lets rush in hard” weekend zerg and get down to the chess match. JQ. Where you at? get in here boys!!!! :>

Couple of major things this week will effect this match. The one time event will definitely pull all but the most dedicated away this weekend (and I would imagine a server who is new to the tier would, on average, have more people dedicated to fight because of the enthusiasm). Also, a number of people are leaving over the start of a gear treadmill. Then at the end of the week Thanksgiving may pullsome people away (but bring some people in). All around its gonna be a strange week.

Those two things may affect some servers more than others for a variety of reasons (one of which I mentioned above). I for one (on JQ), am gone until Tuesday and then gone again on Thanksgiving through Friday.

Server events will nearly always affect SoS more, due to the nature of the SoS server.

Oh what is the SoS server? I didn’t know there were different types of servers (other than Euro/US)

SoS is where much of the Oceanic community gathered, for similar timezone playing, etc, for all parts of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m so happy im able to experience WvW in tier 1. Looking forward to the rest of the week with you guys!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: Sephyxia.1465

Sephyxia.1465

well, this is normal considering there was a huge event going on right now. A huge chest full of rares and exotics. in my zerg alone 9 people got precursors so that’s where all sbi and jq were. SOS are dedicated that’s for sure, to miss out on free loot.

I got my free loot after we got +600 Priorities, priorities~

in WvW

Elterzzz.4378

and so did i double rewards

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

I curse you both for skipping the 2.3 hours of useless lag and stupid kill all quest chain then going to the end for chest… I want those 3 hours of my life back :<

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

I curse you both for skipping the 2.3 hours of useless lag and stupid kill all quest chain then going to the end for chest… I want those 3 hours of my life back :<

Strange I was there when we capped 600 points and I made it to the event. I even skipped the boring majority of it.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

Arenanet has repeatedly stated that if you think something is an exploit – if it gives you an unintended advantage, then you should treat it as such. Circumventing tower/keep walls by glitching through them is obviously unintended.

This thread is meant to be for score updates. Please continue the discussion about thief mechanics elsewhere.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cueball.6207

Cueball.6207

Does anyone have a current score, stuck at work!

in WvW

Posted by: Akhet.6527

Akhet.6527

score update, about three minutes ago

Attachments:

Varien Sundfor
Council Leader of Flux Capacity [FLUX]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Capdevila.3628

Capdevila.3628

Current score:

Attachments:

in WvW

ISteveI.9732

Actually, some of our regular wvw players also went for PvE this weekend. We even have out-manned buff during our oceanic prime time.

Hope sos/sbi/jq wvw back to normal soon…
Looking forward to see ya all in battlefield ! xD

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

it will be Monday in Australia when it is Sunday in the US that is when Sea of Sorrows will go down hill even trying to night cap

every week this same old song.

yet, always wrong.

in WvW

ISteveI.9732

I already get used to it :p

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

there shouldn’t be any QQ about nightcapping/daycapping anymore in Tier 1 matches now. the servers are balanced.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

Score update as of 4:20am EST.

Attachments:

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in WvW

Posted by: Ashlov.3819

Ashlov.3819

Maybe we can find a sponsor and do an “Excuse of the Week” segment on You Tube.

Chuck Chuck Bobuck – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sanctum of Rall
http://www.dwarecmercs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3DARC_rwUQ

in WvW

zoobaby.7804

Wrong. It’s not an exploit. An exploit is doings something unintended. If this were an issue, it would have been fixed. It hasn’t or wasn’t. In fact, it wasn’t even in their Nov. 15th patch. Honestly, it’s really not that big of a deal though it can be annoying. It is hit or miss where we can use it and is far less of a threat then the mesmer portal bouncing from place to place.

To quote you:
“Relentless.6709:
The thief isn’t hacking. He’s using infiltrators arrow to ‘teleport’ him into the keep. In the one picture posted, you can see he has his crossbow out ready to use the skill. In the thief forums, a thief actually just posted a video the other day showing various places you can use the skill to get access to. Yes, it is a problem and I’m sure Anet will address so don’t get all QQ about it and blame the thief for hacking. Direct all anger at Anet for the issue.”

Sounds like you think it is an issue as it is an intended effect of an ability. Basically that is the definition of a exploit. Exploits are not the same as hacks, but pretty exploiters are not much better than hackers.

SBI native and Altoholic

in WvW

zoobaby.7804

Maybe we can find a sponsor and do an “Excuse of the Week” segment on You Tube.

LOL….I like it.

SoS was strong all weekend, but really during the PvE event, SoS just freaking wafflestomped JQ and SBI. SoS had EB on lockdown, and most of the BLs on lock down.

Looking forward to more fun fights against SoS.

SBI native and Altoholic

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlyRush.1620

DeadlyRush.1620

Great job to all MERC, AFS, and other guilds in SBI borderlands. We cap the whole map.

Attachments:

Deadlyshield[AFS] Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

This is the score about 2 mins ago :] JQ fighting back at last ^^

Attachments:

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

(edited by Mini Crinny.6190)

in WvW

Posted by: TigerBait.5143

TigerBait.5143

SoS player here,
We have someone from JQ running around wasting all of our supplies. Hope this isn’t supported by the server as a whole. If it is good to know you all fight that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Kelo.4370

Kelo.4370

Being one of the very few SBI players that completely skipped the stupid PvE crap and focused completely on WvW all weekend, I don’t care about gold and gear winning is all that matters. I am very upset with SBI’s attendance so far, I know we have a slow showing on the weekends but due to the event this weekend was the worst. I have never had outmanned on all 4 maps for so long and during such high population times.

PLAYERS OF STORMBLUFF PLEASE GET INTO WORLD VS WORLD!

Sea of Sorrows is going to think they are good and pat themselves on the back for winning this week if we don’t LOG IN AND FIGHT! For the rest of this week we need everyone online to WvW. Fractals of the Mists will always be there, farming PvE stuff with always be there, sPvP will always be there. But this first time match against Sea of Sorrows will NOT and we cannot let them walk away with an easy victory.

I know at this point due to no-show over the weekend the point deficit may be too much to recover from, but as long as we keep the score close and maintain a higher PPT than Sea of Sorrows for the remainder of this match we can still hold on to the #1 rank.

To those on SoS who think they are doing great, you have not faced anyone in Tier 1 so far, it’s been PvDoor since Friday night as everyone has been far more interested in Karka than they have been in WvW. Even if we lose this week due to the PvE event you will see the true might of both SBI and JQ next week when we crush you in the rematch!

in WvW

Posted by: Tdawg.8309

Tdawg.8309

Pat themselves on the back? I’m sorry but we’re just having fun and try to be as organised as possible. On our server to our commanders are spamming LA chat for people to get into wvw, we too have a lot of people who prefer some pve this weekend. Maybe less then you, who knows. All I know is we’re new into wvw tier 1 and probably have a little more dedication, so that might explain why we are winning this pve week….but patting ourselves on the back for winning a pve week with halloween? No. I doubt any of our organised guilds are like that. We’re having fun and trying to be at our best, nothing more, nothing less.

But hey, seeing your Crystal Desert tag…if things get worse you can always just transfer right?