Week of 11/16: SBI vs JQ vs SOS

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

SoS q times currently are instant for all BL’s and maybe a 10-15 q for EB. But thats normal since a lot of the randoms end up in EB crying about x guild camping the jumping puzzle since they heard a precusor dropped from the chest there once.

Every zone on BG is insta Q and maybe a 5minute q on EBG and this is every week, not even on holidays. Anyone who’s been on BG the past 2 months will tell you, 3-5 hour q’s are non existant.

BeeGee
Beast mode

(edited by pot.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: slipslopslap.4329

slipslopslap.4329

Whats the score girls and boys?

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Whats the score girls and boys?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

so, about 3 more hours and it becomes impossible for anyone but SoS to win

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

It’s already impossible based on PPT. It’s a wrap.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

right now on EB the biggest fights are in the jumping puzzle. I think everyone seems content to ride it out how it has been playing all week. JQ and SBI are very close though. It will be interesting to see if SBI can fight back from last place.

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

right now on EB the biggest fights are in the jumping puzzle. I think everyone seems content to ride it out how it has been playing all week. JQ and SBI are very close though. It will be interesting to see if SBI can fight back from last place.

When the beast arena puzzle isn’t being camped by JQ using siege. There is actually some pretty epic fights going on in the puzzle there. Love it!

in WvW

Thobek.1730

The current scores as of 9:45 pm PST on Thanksgiving night 11/22.
I might not be updating the answer regularly from here until reset, so if you want the absolute latest score please check the end of the thread.

Sea of Sorrows     218,849 (+275)
Jade Quarry          165,790 (+155)
Stormbluff Isle     163,683 (+265)
Turkey                                 1
Keg                                        0

Congratulations to SoS on an exciting first week in tier one and a well deserved victory. You came, you saw, you conquered. You showed us how hungry you all were, a feeling that on this Thanksgiving night I believe I will never feel again. You showed class and poise, something we appreciate in this tier. Most of all you showed generosity and I look forward to knowing that in our loss we were at least able to help out through your charitable donation.

Though we were never quite able to recover from that 30-40k point lead, I’m happy to see that both JQ and SBI are still putting up a fight even as I write this. This week has been the most fun I’ve had in a long time of WvW despite the image below aptly describing how it felt from our perspective. I’m sure many great battles lie ahead, but for now let’s all congratulate SoS on their win.

what a nice guy!! I’m supposed to hate you SBI guys and try everything in my power to kill you. but this gave me the warm fuzzies.

cheers SBI, not your all bad at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

whenever i engage an SBI or JQ adversary I make it a point to bow or salute after because they always give me one heck of a fight. im having so much fun on wvw now because of the community.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: scree.2061

scree.2061

I don’t think queues or the lack of at this point in the game are indicative of a given servers dedication to WvW. I think in general most servers no longer have queues for WvW due to the inattention its recieved in the most recent patches (next to zero). Not only that but Anet seems to have left their plans for WvW vague at best (we know of rewards being implemented supposedly in future).

I’ve spoken with a few of the SBI commanders and most were pretty disappointed by the most recent patch. Is that contributing to a lack of queues? you betcha.

I chalk up this week to Thanksgiving, and even more to the jaded feeling many were left with after building up the “huge” content patch we just had dumped on us. Fractals are fun, but your end game is WvW. Supposedly.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

anyone involved in the HUGE picture perfect battle that’s been raging for the past 3 hours on SOS BL, can you agree that this is what WVW is all about? HOW fun was that? The back and forth, the last minute save on garrison by SBI 10 times!, the “how many attacking bay? oh kitty all of them!”.
I cant go to bed now. too.. much.. fun.
I am sad that JQ disappeared after wiping ONCE.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: MephistoX.1390

MephistoX.1390

One more thing… Swirling Winds… WTF???? A-Net you haz some ’splainin to do.

Were you with the group trying to treb SoS Garrison from Longview? If so er… sorry.

Though to be fair, I know I learned the Swirling Winds trick after having both SBI and JQ pull it on day 1 of the matchup.

Haha that was fun blocking those treb shots, got a bit rough when the zerg rushed us to try and stop our defence but good times all around.

in WvW

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

To the SBI and JQ folk who came out this week and fought the good fight, thank you. It felt as refreshing as our first of many matches against SoR and IoJ did those many weeks ago. Mad respect to you map-flipping guys from SF and LoD who kept pestering us on JQ borderlands, god kitten do I loathe your BS immobilize/stun trains.

Wednesday night I think we all got tired of seeing you guys come on to sweep your corner and harass us so we bunkered down and actually forced you guys off the map for the first time during the match after some epic fights in and around ruins/Champion’s Demense/Greenwater. While I hope to see less of SF and LoD specifically this week, I am looking forward to the match and another week of excellent WvW.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

We have finally done it!!! :D

First off, credit to all of the opponents that we have faced over the months and for the good sportsmanship and support from many of you. Many of the battles and match ups that we have had against each other have been fierce and tense and in my view some of the most epic of all time, well done!

Thanks so much to everyone on Sea of Sorrows for their effort! Not just for this week, but all the weeks leading up to it and to everyone that contributed to make this happen. We’ve all worked really hard and had a great team ethic, I’m really happy with the way that we’ve conducted ourselves and we couldn’t have done it without each other, a big thank you to ALL you guys from all over the world!

We’ve also joined a very exclusive club now. Henge of Denravi, Jade Quarry, Stormbluff Isle. These are the only servers to have won in North America, and as of 11/23 Sea of Sorrows joins them!

We are the champions!!!! And nothing can ever take that away from us! :D

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Beyonce.3207

Beyonce.3207

Thank you SBI and JQ for a gruelling but most enjoyable week.

We are taking a break today to collect donations for siege weapons and to enjoy RL for a short while after all that 24/7 stress you gave us these past seven days. Good luck on the second position for this match and cya when server resets.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Yay, good job everyone.

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: PRXKV.1296

PRXKV.1296

Few things:

1. This victory belongs primarily to the hardcore Oceanic WvWers of Sea of Sorrows, most notably Jedahs and [MERC] and [OCX] but to many others as well, that have stayed with SoS since the early days and battled each week. The Oceanics of SoS had the most to prove as they were constantly doubted:•They couldn’t stand up to SoR’s Nine Dragons and CRS, but they did stand up, and stand tall.

•They would get crushed by IoJ’s Oceanics, but instead beat them three consecutive times to prove who has the best Oceanic WvWers.

•War Machine would roll over SoS’s Oceanics, but they didn’t.

2. Secondarily, many NA and other guilds, hearing the call of from the SoS Oceanics, joined the server, when it was ranked 10th or lower, for a challenge. Instantly we all worked together and communicated and shared the load. Even though most nights we always had a map with nearly zero coverage during our NA timeslot (and to this day virtually no Euro coverage), we typically had the best ppt while pulling double duty and constant all-calls. Much respect to guilds and alliances such as FoE, AoI, WORK, HuG, FANG, TSym, RMA and DiE (forgive me if I forgot any). We have many talented folks that, when they’re on the map, put in great work. The militia and commanders do a great job as well. I have witnessed extremely little infighting on maps during matches.

3. To JQ and SB, thanks for a great match and I salute your hard work and skill. You folks deserve to be mentioned among the best servers of all time in GW2 for your consistency. I can only hope that SoS shows such consistency at the top.

in WvW

Posted by: Dharnia.9860

Dharnia.9860

This was the most fun and entertaining match yet! Thanks SBI and JB for being great sports and I can’t wait for the rematch!

Khrystana Ranger in Sons of Arkham [SoA] @ Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Good Job SoS. You surely shut up those talking crap before tha match started real fast.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

Congratulations to SoS for your first T1 win.

You came with the burning desire, you played when others PvE’d, you had the morale not to rest on your early lead, but kept on pushing. Therefore you deserve the win.

In terms of skill, this week has shown that SoS belongs in the top tier. Pretty organised groups. Maybe missing a tad here and there in tactics, but your response times were absurdly quick. Your commanders surely know what they are doing.

I usually do not bow ingame (too busy killing the next red name…), so let me do it here:

::bows::

@JQ: Didn’t see too much from you this week. Maybe you were (like SBI) a bit burned out. Maybe you just played different borderlands than I did. In any case, I am hoping for lots of fun 3-ways (with all sides having equal numbers) in the next week.

Xeeron – Strike Force

in WvW

Posted by: Xeeron.9254

Xeeron.9254

Few things:

1. This victory belongs primarily to the hardcore Oceanic WvWers of Sea of Sorrows,

You are selling your NA and especially your EU players short. Whenever I looked at late Asian-Oceanic times, SBI usually did pretty well. Not the 600+ we might have had in some matches, but solid leads. It was always the EU SoS team that turned the table around and left us with an uphill battle during NA times (when SoS NA defended very well). Without your great EU players, you would not have such a large lead, and likely have lost the match.

In T1, you need good coverage in all 3 time zones, 2 is not enough.

- Xeeron

Xeeron – Strike Force

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

To the SBI and JQ folk who came out this week and fought the good fight, thank you. It felt as refreshing as our first of many matches against SoR and IoJ did those many weeks ago. Mad respect to you map-flipping guys from SF and LoD who kept pestering us on JQ borderlands, god kitten do I loathe your BS immobilize/stun trains.

Wednesday night I think we all got tired of seeing you guys come on to sweep your corner and harass us so we bunkered down and actually forced you guys off the map for the first time during the match after some epic fights in and around ruins/Champion’s Demense/Greenwater. While I hope to see less of SF and LoD specifically this week, I am looking forward to the match and another week of excellent WvW.

Much appreciated. Both of our teams were trying to balance multiple BL’s this week while the rest of our SBI think it’s a great idea to have a real family. Us WvW SBI family are family too!!!!! It was hella fun, and as usual we love workin’ with LoD. The Garrison on your guys’ BL usually looks pretty secksi to us. I believe a couple nights ago I heard a player say in team chat that she’s teasing us and we need to do something about that

@SoS in general. From what I have seen and what you guys have been able to accomplish not only with dedication, but with high end styles of game play, I’ll have an extra vodka tonic tonight when I’m downing one of your poor souls in honor of your competition. Whenever I take foot on a BL I’m in an instant chess match on how to crack not only your morale but your with holdings. So far GG, let’s see how this continues

@JQ in general. Ladies and gentlemen let’s make this a proper 3 way. Your numbers are as terrible as ours if not more! When you guys were on, it appears that you were a little mad when we borrowed your keep and towers for points. I can honestly explain…actually no I can’t we were trying to raise point tick :x The fights were pretty epic, especially at your spawn supply camps. I remember purposely running over there because we were informed that there’s enough JQ over there for an epic battle Well fought to those who showed this week.

@SBI in general, thank you for those who showed up this week and accepting the fact that we have drunken commanders at times that get more ADD than when they are sober

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: Azariah.8420

Azariah.8420

Few things:

1. This victory belongs primarily to the hardcore Oceanic WvWers of Sea of Sorrows,

You are selling your NA and especially your EU players short. Whenever I looked at late Asian-Oceanic times, SBI usually did pretty well. Not the 600+ we might have had in some matches, but solid leads. It was always the EU SoS team that turned the table around and left us with an uphill battle during NA times (when SoS NA defended very well). Without your great EU players, you would not have such a large lead, and likely have lost the match.

- Xeeron

Well I’m pretty sure he thanked the NA guys, but …we have EU players? I apologise in advance if we have EU guilds running around I was unaware of, but…..when did that happen?

80 Thief – Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

all this mushy backhanded compliments from JQ n SBI making my kitten soft. cant wait for next week “the real” week to crack some more skulls

on a side note it was very entertaining to see LoD, Lords of Death again. I assume the very same from Darkfall. I guess it makes sense you guys would be up here in tier 1 haha. looking very forward to fighting you kittens more too

in WvW

Posted by: Sephyxia.1465

Sephyxia.1465

Hah, everytime a server loses,
“They must be burned out.”
“They’re PvE’ing”
“Jq’s killing the Grub”
“We underestimated you, but we will win next week..”
“We’re getting double teamed.”

Getting old. Well, it has been for a few weeks now, excuses getting overused.

in WvW

Posted by: Sephyxia.1465

Sephyxia.1465

Few things:

- Xeeron

Barely have EU, all week when I’ve woken up around 7-9am, we’re starting to lose everything.

And PRXKV is not selling NA short, he’s the PRX GM Commander, he’s just giving thanks to where other people are overlooking it. o.o

Gj for this week SoS, I know many guilds are planning to take it a bit easier next week so I hope we don’t make more excuses like other ‘High Tier Servers’. Lol.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

I can offer the most sincerest congratulations to those over at Sea of Sorrows.

You were the most dedicated and hungry server I’ve ever seen step into any tier and consistently fight tooth and nail without any show boating. You smashed the usual trash talkers on the forums within one or two days, and the end result was a group of players that has gained the respect of many many in our community.
It was an honor to fight you this week, and fight is the correct term. What happened this week can only be described as a grab your buddy it’s going down in 5 sort of street brawl the likes of which hasn’t been seen in T-1 for a good long while. Last night, when it was logically impossible for anyone to win but SOS, you guys could have showboated, trolled, or left, but you didn’t. You instead engaged us on the SOS borderland in one of the most fun and Lord of the Rings esque fights that will be remembered by all involved for years to come. I tried to capture some screenshots of that red wave of doom coming over the hill to attack the bay, but couldn’t find a lull in the fighting, or an end to the SOS dying and respawning just to jump into battle again. That’s what this game is all about… not the whining and accusations of 2v1…just gods penguin fighting.

Anyway, congrats SOS, hope to see you for a while now, hope you calm down with the insane numbers, and hope you stop taking away our toys 3 minutes after final upgrade completes.

Please keep us updated on the charity event. That was still a very classy move, and doubled respect points which you can redeem for some legendary armor later.

CG

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

Few things:

- Xeeron

We actually have VERY little EU presence… most of the players you see online during euro are just Oceanic players that stay up extra late and early morning players from NA.

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Few things:

- Xeeron

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/37

While, we are all thankful for everyones contributions, all day. Holding on to as many points as possible is still extremely valuable.

JQ clearly owned Euro timezones.

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

To update everyone. Charity donation due to SOS Victory is definately still going on.

I’m just not sure if I’m allowed to talk about it on the forums anymore cause it got deleted last time and to be honest that was a slap in the face.

Anyways, I do a lot of philanthropy work IRL and I’ve asked my assistant to prepare some charity proposals for me for when I return home from London on Monday.

Visit blacklion.enjin.com for updates.

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Few things:

1. This victory belongs primarily to the hardcore Oceanic WvWers of Sea of Sorrows, most notably Jedahs and [MERC] and [OCX] but to many others as well, that have stayed with SoS since the early days and battled each week. The Oceanics of SoS had the most to prove as they were constantly doubted:•They couldn’t stand up to SoR’s Nine Dragons and CRS, but they did stand up, and stand tall.

•They would get crushed by IoJ’s Oceanics, but instead beat them three consecutive times to prove who has the best Oceanic WvWers.

•War Machine would roll over SoS’s Oceanics, but they didn’t.

2. Secondarily, many NA and other guilds, hearing the call of from the SoS Oceanics, joined the server, when it was ranked 10th or lower, for a challenge. Instantly we all worked together and communicated and shared the load. Even though most nights we always had a map with nearly zero coverage during our NA timeslot (and to this day virtually no Euro coverage), we typically had the best ppt while pulling double duty and constant all-calls. Much respect to guilds and alliances such as FoE, AoI, WORK, HuG, FANG, TSym, RMA and DiE (forgive me if I forgot any). We have many talented folks that, when they’re on the map, put in great work. The militia and commanders do a great job as well. I have witnessed extremely little infighting on maps during matches.

3. To JQ and SB, thanks for a great match and I salute your hard work and skill. You folks deserve to be mentioned among the best servers of all time in GW2 for your consistency. I can only hope that SoS shows such consistency at the top.

KV thanks for whipping our fat lazy koala bums into shape. Without your relentless kitten kicking we never would have been so driven to win.

Also need to personally thank Coron of Tsym for teaching me how to play. “On a dime gentlemen, on a dime” “drop the bomb! weapons free!” XD

in WvW

Thobek.1730

You are selling your NA and especially your EU players short.

who exactly ARE our EU players (guilds) I’m never on when they are playing. From what I can see JQ always dominates during the EU times.

I really would like to know.

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

First off, good job SoS. You wanted it really really bad and you got it. Now welcome to the meat grind that is T1 !

Secondly to the SBI’s asking were JQ was? Beating you by 20k points that’s where we were =)

To JQ, great fighting with and leading you guys on JQ BL this week. It was nice beating SBI again. To the commanders I worked with this week, great job.

Mance Malhavoc
Shadow Gypsies
JQ

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

As far as I know, JQ doesn’t have good EU coverage. I don’t know if we have any EU guilds at all. We need some. However, we do have excellent Asia primetime coverage from FOO, FdE, two DC guilds, I think I’ve seen FIRE around that time too, some HD, ZX, and a few others I’ve forgotten to mention. Whenever those guys decide to stay up all night we do well during EU primetime. Also, don’t forget that many may have had the day off, so that might have added to our seemingly excellent EU timezone coverage. Truthfully, though, JQ could really benefit from a few organized EU guilds transferring onto the server.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

In NA

JQ and SBI the only two servers which have had a trully T1 base/material, the only two servers which have been in T1 since the start, the only two servers which have been in the surroundings of T1 since the start, lead by small guilds, never alliances, pugs running around, if there is a competitive real WvWvW environment, these two servers have trully archieved, never went down from bandwagon, never went down from drama, never went down when people abandoned it.

When any -insert NA server- accumulate/reach/manage 3 months of consistent T1 material, you can talk about being equal to them, not along i doubt better for what happened in this two servers, the core wvwvw from this two worlds are the real thing even when wvwvw isnt what i call competitive pvp or game, gw2 is 2ez game both these core of people atleast cared enough in the game.

JQ and SBI still being the top dogs, and until you reach 3 months of T1, you can talk but by that time, both servers probably will have 6 months of T1 material, and dont come with hod and their titanic alliance…is delusional if you compare.

laters, keep playing

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Truthfully, though, JQ could really benefit from a few organized EU guilds transferring onto the server.

we all could, but I guess the EU guilds are playing on the EU servers.

in WvW

Cirus.5748

As far as I know, JQ doesn’t have good EU coverage. I don’t know if we have any EU guilds at all. We need some. However, we do have excellent Asia primetime coverage from FOO, FdE, two DC guilds, I think I’ve seen FIRE around that time too, some HD, ZX, and a few others I’ve forgotten to mention. Whenever those guys decide to stay up all night we do well during EU primetime. Also, don’t forget that many may have had the day off, so that might have added to our seemingly excellent EU timezone coverage. Truthfully, though, JQ could really benefit from a few organized EU guilds transferring onto the server.

As someone who was fighting at every Oceanic primetime and staying up very late into the Euro primetime every night, I can confirm that JQ are the kings of the Euro slot. They were consistently gaining 200-300 points on top of both SBI and SoS at this time. (e.g 400 vs 150 vs 150), they also had huge numbers compared to us at that time, I didn’t see any large FOO groups.

The Euro slot is JQ’s strength but they were the weakest by far in the Oceanic time slot. It was almost like a game of rock paper scissors, every server has 2 strong slots and 1 weak slot.

(edited by Cirus.5748)

in WvW

Cirus.5748

A huge shout out also has to go to AFS, they were staying up way past their bed time every night to hold onto their corner of the map to mitigate the points damage, awesome job AFS!

These guys rarely get their deserved credit.

in WvW

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

woot! no more thieves perma stealth holding caps now! just had to say it because we SoS people hate this.

in WvW

Posted by: cold.3946

cold.3946

woot! no more thieves perma stealth holding caps now! just had to say it because we SoS people hate this.

Why would you necro this thread back to the top? Please don’t post in here – there is a thread for this weeks matches instead.

Keg – 80 Guardian | Mini Keg – 80 Mesmer
Strike Force [SF] Stormbluff Isle
www.strikeforceguild.com