Weekly Event Ideas

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I liked those weekly events like the golem week and lunar year siege. So I figured we could post some ideas here that anet can “steal”.

My ideas would be:

• NA – EU (- CN) week
    a Few linked NA servers vs a few EU servers (vs a few china servers, which most likely is not doable)
    Would be fun to show NA players their place, laggy but still fun
  • Double Movement Speed Week
    People move 100% faster, swiftness or superspeed has no effect. More speed, more sneakiness, more action, messier fights
  • Ratapults and Cams
    Catapults damage gates and Rams walls.
  • PPT is Halved or Removed week
  • No Arrowcarts week
  • 1 tier week, but 12 maps instead of 4
    all servers merged to 3 servers for 1 week, Eotm styyyle
  • Noahs Ark week
    Insides of Lords room are filled with water, underwater combat
  • No dollies week
    Dollies wont spawn, objectives wont upgrade
  • Theme Weeks
    - Halloween, valentines themes etc, get a random related skin whenever you respawn etc, like a skeleton or ghost in halloween. (like ascalonian ghost tonic, you can still cast spells). Environment changed, withered trees, darker lightning etc at halloween. Nothing that affects gameplay
Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: signofhunta.1984

signofhunta.1984

Crazy ideas but does seem fun except the all servers merge would be queue heaven

Sign Post of FA

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Though I thought people ranted and overwhelmingly absolutely hated Golem week, some of these ideas are not so bad..
I would like faster movement and no PPT all the time, PPK only would be best :p

No dollies would take away some players fun because all they do in game is upgrade keeps, so you would be taking away the thing they actually enjoy doing and giving those players who like that nothing to do so I wouldn’t want to do that to those guys. They already took a beating over the whole Auto WP thing until they changed it back for them.

Catapults and rams switching may kitten people off who bought or made specific siege due to their play styles.

Most hate underwater combat so you will probably get some rage over that too.

• No siege damage on players would be nice
  • No banners
  • No airship
[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Fight like a man week! Siege cap for all maps is lowered by 90%.

Osu

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

What about this:

• No Sides EB
    All servers have starting WP in SMC, SM being invuln zone,neutral and without outer walls and gates, theres no portal to enter sm, you can only jump out of it.

or

• King of The Hill
    SM is replaced with a Ruinlike circle on a hill, no walls or gates, Whoever caps it, owns SM. Siege deployement blocked
Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

On the whole I wouldn’t mind trying most of these, largely since I like variety. But this one stood out, and I’d love to try it just to see the feedback from the community, and how people handled it:

No Arrowcarts week

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I like all of these ideas. The crazier the better.
How about implementing them for every last 24 hours of every matchup. On a decided week it could not do much harm and would just be fun for everyone (and if you don’t like it it’s gone at reset) but on close machups it may flip some things around and enable a world for a crazy Comeback.

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Omg kitten it I was gonna put up an events idea thread for wvw advertisement, after mentioning it in another post lol.

Golem week was fun for a couple hours until the exploits came in and the devs did nothing, but I think other siege should be considered.

Siege week, so for something like ram week, rams do double damage, every other siege does half damage. Obviously with that in place players will try to ram mostly, in which defenders can easily plan for such. I would leave golems and arrowcarts out of getting a boost.

Themes week, with something like halloween we normally get places like citadel dressed up, but I was thinking maybe if we turn the siege into themed items, imagine instead of trebs we get a giant green skeleton the same size of trebs that lobs candycorn. Obviously dressing up the citadel and the keeps would be a nice touch as usual.

Node weekend blast, SMC is loaded with the gathering nodes, the entire floor area between inner/outer is gathering nodes, should be interesting for those wanting to res, beep beep babeep beep, I keep going to mine instead of ressing!

Lord of the week, every day a set random amount of lords and their keeps are worth quadruple the wvw exp and 2 champ bags, so maybe red ebg, green garri, blue hills may be a set for a day.

Wvw exp weekends, every weekend a different map is worth double the wvw exp, so maybe week 1 ebg has the bonus, the next weekend maybe green bl has it, etc.

The King, For every 15 mins 1 person from each side is randomly selected to be “the king” in which they earn triple wvw exp for whatever activities they do and carry the presence of the keep buff on them with a radius of 600. The catch is they are “marked” on the map to the enemy the entire time. When they die or held the buff for 15mins, a new person is randomly selected on that map.

Triple Double, a daily in which if you capture all 2 keeps on 3 different borderlands for that day, you earn 6 of the keep capture daily rewards plus a rank up chest.

Wrath of the Titans, every player is given a buff that adds 50% run speed stacks with 33% buffs, 100% more vitality, 1000 healing power, 100% more damage to gates.

Most of the ideas should probably only be implemented as a bonus weekend, not an entire week, in case anyone doesn’t like it then they only suffer for 3 days.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

No ranged attacks week.

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Guest lord week! Every day a new PVE champ boss like Frozen Maw, Grenth, Lyssa, Balthazar, etc., replaces the SMC lord.

Osu

Weekly Event Ideas

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Guest lord week! Every day a new PVE champ boss like Frozen Maw, Grenth, Lyssa, Balthazar, etc., replaces the SMC lord.

Lol that would be a good one.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill