Weekly border rotation

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: kroter.1326

kroter.1326

By the word rotated in the changelog and some of anet replies on reddit I’m assuming that DBLs eventually will be rotated back into play, I’m also assuming it will happen on a quarterly basis, along with the worlds re-linkage.

Personally I’m not a fan of Alpines (and never was (and the bay sucks)) and this quarterly rotation creates for me a 3-months vacuum during which I have no border to play on. Chances are high that during this vacuum I will find something else to play and forget about gw2, just like some of the DBL-haters forgot about the game and still didn’t come back.

Thus, pros of weekly rotation:

1. Diversify stale matchups. Playing 2 weeks in a row against the same servers is boring, playing against them on different maps is not so much boring and could lead to a drastically different score.
2. Different borders means different commanders and different people. Diversity again, more people playing WvW overall.
3. A week isn’t enough to drop the game out of hate to some border type.
4. But enough to have fun on your favorite border before going back to EB.
5. No longer only 2 maps for such a huge gamemode as WvW.
6. We may finally see the real playerbases of two borders. WvW had a surge of players along with stab, balance and reward changes and before Alpines were brought back. Makes me think that the real reason of WvW downfall was just bad balance and lack of attention/bugfixes/rewards, and not DBLs.
7. Anet have maid some very nice map design changes to DBLs and having them rotated so often creates a better chance of haters giving the map another chance.

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

I agree. If we are having rotation weekly or every 2 weeks is best. Maybe we should leave ABl up for 2-4 weeks initially, just to give it a fair run, for those who love it, after months of DBl, but after that switch to weekly or random would be my preference.

Piken Square

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: arcticwolf.1459

arcticwolf.1459

Yes weekly or fortnightly please. 3 months is too long

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I think a bi-weekly rotation would be ideal.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Just give me 7 months of Alpine since I have had to be without it for 7 months then you can start rotating once every week or something lol. I don’t want them to rotate the DBL in ever again personally. When it is in play again, my guild won’t be playing WvW.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Just give me 7 months of Alpine since I have had to be without it for 7 months then you can start rotating once every week or something lol. I don’t want them to rotate the DBL in ever again personally. When it is in play again, my guild won’t be playing WvW.

And we had 2 years + (almost 3) of ABL going with your line of thought…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

If we are rotating then yes, weekly or every other week. +1.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

And we had 2 years + (almost 3) of ABL going with your line of thought…..

Sure, but when we were asked the opinion of the DBL maps in their beta testing, a lot of people gave the same exact feedback that was given to bring Alpine back. They noticed the issues in a weekend that we had to deal with for 7 months, ANet didn’t listen to us then – I hope they don’t make their mistake twice.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

I used to hate the DBL map, but it has grown on me (a bit). While I personally much prefer the ABL map, I’m thinking a weekly or bi-weekly rotation between the two would help keep WvW interesting. It should also be an acceptable compromise for those who favor one or the other.

Weekly border rotation

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

If we are rotating then yes, weekly or every other week. +1.

What the guy with the same name as my coworkers dog said.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”