Weird K/D spikes FSP/Gandara/Deso matchup

in WvW

Posted by: Arces.3849

Arces.3849

Yo I recently saw a post on gw2wvw with a picture (attached) that showed the k/d rate from our matchup
The weird thing was that every day around 5am FSP seems to have a k/D of over 10 while gandara is like 0,05 or something
Then another picture came in from fsp that showed the skirmish k/d from FSP with 14,xx in that skirmish while Gandara had 0.09 (gonna attach it too)

Now I dont want to stir rumors or accuse FSP of using bots on both servers to get their k/d up but its really weird that they have like 1k kills and 70 deaths at 5am

Deso is not affected by this which furthers my concern about this
could be a group on both servers that are killing the gandarian group for it

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

who cares tbh, i mean if some1 wants to invest his time in some kittenty virtual K/D ratio let him be?

and yes im from FSP and no i dont have server pride nor i play at these weird times but still, i dont see who kitten would invest time into bumping up K/D ratio some1 must be really addicted to this game and cant stand losing i suppose

in WvW

Posted by: Uba.5820

Uba.5820

Around 5AM FSP took 2 main keeps on EBG. Enemies are constantly coming and dying instantly, because they badly want to defend it and FPS just farm them. Thats why you see those spikes at this hour.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Around 5AM FSP took 2 main keeps on EBG. Enemies are constantly coming and dying instantly, because they badly want to defend it and FPS just farm them. Thats why you see those spikes at this hour.

Or those were bots because nobody instantly die against FSP.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Keep in mind that when Gandara goes hunting PPT, they will go mindnumbingly PPTing. They wont care about fights, they wont care about dying, they’ll just bash their heads against a keep/tower over and over until they either get it or they borderhop to find an undefended target.

Put one good commander against them and they wipe every time.

Edit: you can actually see this in the income graphs as well. Assuming the last period was yesterday night (since it stops at 15:00), FSP PPT at 03:00 was 106. At 05:00 when K/D topped out… it was 66.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Nekhbet.7681

Nekhbet.7681

let me tell you 2 day ago was Stance leading on gandara at 4-5 am he was even with us on ts (fsp) and we spawn camp gandara so if you want to blame some one blame stance fsp was 30-35 on squad and gandara around 10 ppl.

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Just fsp trying to improve their k/d at times were no MUGA play.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I think these are numbers are possible and not necessarily sign of botting or glitch.

FSP used to be proud to be the best open field fighting server in EU, but in recent match ups, I have seen them fight only
1) if they have a significant number advantage e.g. 50 FSP vs 30 others
2) if they have a position advantage e.g. fight near sieged fully upgraded structure owned by them and of course using all possible siege on enemy.

Gandara+ is acting in similar ways. I am NOT blaming anyone, I also use siege. This is all legal and so called smart fighting. But it will inflate K/D numbers as long as there is an enemy server which keeps feeding them deaths.

Ayna

PS. Before somebody flames me, I know there are still a few brave players on FSP, but I was talking general. And yes, Gandara also still has some gankers and many prime time guilds, but mostly I see a big blob.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Big blob vs big blob is still a fair fight. And to me it is much more enjoyable than roaming. I can’t really accuse FSP of backing off fights they’re losing. Two nights ago we won a few rounds against them in the open field and they were always coming to fight again. It’s up to the commander, ultimately.

in WvW

Posted by: muerte.3842

muerte.3842

I think these are numbers are possible and not necessarily sign of botting or glitch.

FSP used to be proud to be the best open field fighting server in EU, but in recent match ups, I have seen them fight only
1) if they have a significant number advantage e.g. 50 FSP vs 30 others
2) if they have a position advantage e.g. fight near sieged fully upgraded structure owned by them and of course using all possible siege on enemy.

Gandara+ is acting in similar ways. I am NOT blaming anyone, I also use siege. This is all legal and so called smart fighting. But it will inflate K/D numbers as long as there is an enemy server which keeps feeding them deaths.

Ayna

PS. Before somebody flames me, I know there are still a few brave players on FSP, but I was talking general. And yes, Gandara also still has some gankers and many prime time guilds, but mostly I see a big blob.

What I always find amusing about these kind of quotes is that we could easily say the same about other servers for example. Over the past few weeks figthing them all I have seen is servers running into towers etc and building min 5 superior ac’s and then trying to bait us into fighting under them so they can score some easy kills and again the only time they seem to come out and fight is when the outnumber us 5 to 1 etc. In this kind of scenario its just easier to turn around and let them sit there firing their ac’s and we go fight someone that wants to fight.

Rather than come on here and spread these kind of excuses be aware that all servers these days are choosing simply to fight under ac fire and hide in towers unless they have superior numbers.

What needs to happen from Anet is to reduce the impact arrow carts as the amount of times we have seen server blobs run back into these towers / keeps etc and hide behind them has become a joke. No server should really be resorting to this kind of fight.

(edited by muerte.3842)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Big blob vs big blob is still a fair fight. And to me it is much more enjoyable than roaming. I can’t really accuse FSP of backing off fights they’re losing. Two nights ago we won a few rounds against them in the open field and they were always coming to fight again. It’s up to the commander, ultimately.

I agree that the commander matters. And obviously the best FSP commanders generally play at prime time. I generally play at day time and evenings and enjoy the day time more, because it is easier to get more equal fights and there is generally no issue with the lag.

Size of the blob matters lot. Even 30 vs 40 gives the latter an advantage, not to mention the usual 20 vs 40-50 situation. Also a guild of 25 should have an advantage vs 25 PuGs.

It is obvious that both FSP and Gandara are over stacked with their linked servers, at least compared to the current active Deso population. Let’s see if Arenanet finally would be able to make a sensible linking next time. Some of the lower population EU servers definitely need a link, but the higher population servers don’t. Making perfect balance is probably not possible because of the language specific servers.

On the positive side it has been really easy to enjoy the outnumbered on Deso. Despite being a casual gamer with family + kids + full-time job, I have done the diamond track many times (+11 pip or more). It was nice that Arenanet allowed to repeat the diamond track over and over again (sadly without the extra tickets though).

Anyways, see you on the battle field!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]