Welcome to Sea of Sorrows 2.0

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Enjoy

I would like to congratulate everyone who stuck it through the hard times. The day we have been waiting for has arrived.

Attachments:

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Rabh.2493

Rabh.2493

Oh looks like you were busy while we were all asleep like usual, time to wake up and take most of it back. Thanks for never bothering to upgrade anything, makes our day shift go alot easier. Plus we get keeps full of supply ready for upgrading.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexicz.8450

Hexicz.8450

Oh looks like you were busy while we were all asleep like usual, time to wake up and take most of it back. Thanks for never bothering to upgrade anything, makes our day shift go alot easier. Plus we get keeps full of supply ready for upgrading.

I feel sorry for you guys. Before the day was over we already knew who was going to win

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

Last time I posted a fully green map and called it Eco-friendly dark haven MOD removed my post callin it bad taste…

Double standards

in WvW

Posted by: Rabh.2493

Rabh.2493

I feel sorry for you guys. Before the day was over we already knew who was going to win

We don’t really mind, however its going to be tonnes of fun annoying you guys

in WvW

Posted by: ravic.3742

ravic.3742

Free server transfers pretty much makes any kind of match making data that Anet has completely worthless. Hopefully this sort of silliness will get sorted out once the 2 week matches start (and transfers are restricted).

P.S. These guys will probably leave SoS just like they left their other servers. Maybe Kaineng has some hope?

Khaej – 80 Norn Engineer
Ouroboros Protocol [OP] – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: dangerCake.1473

dangerCake.1473

Free server transfers pretty much makes any kind of match making data that Anet has completely worthless. Hopefully this sort of silliness will get sorted out once the 2 week matches start (and transfers are restricted).

P.S. These guys will probably leave SoS just like they left their other servers. Maybe Kaineng has some hope?

That’s pretty much the whole problem, as I see it. I wouldn’t mind the server hopping so much if it cost 1800 gems a head. It’s a bit frustrating to have guilds run to losing servers so that they can keep winning. Maybe those who went to SoS enjoys a good noob stomp, but it’s really not that fun for the less coordinated servers.

Please, devs, charge for server transfers, or at least restrict WvW for 48 hours or something. This just sucks the fun out of what would otherwise be the best PvP I’ve played.

-A Dragonbrander

in WvW

Posted by: Profanity.8016

Profanity.8016

LOL really?!?!?
You sos guys log on at like 3-5am (NA time) and caps the entire map, uncontested. You guys have been doing it for the past 2 weeks.

Good job taking candy from SLEEPING babies.

in WvW

Posted by: Arforyon.1746

Arforyon.1746

Well, it’s not like they wake up in the “middle” of the night. SoS has a lot of Australian players so it is fair game. They play on their time zone, everyone plays on their own timezone and that is completely fine.
But, the confidence the op has in their “skills” is hilarious since, well, it’s not pvp if you’re fighting npcs.

[Maguuma]
Thoros Myr – Level 80 Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

SoS already had Stonemist Castle and started our big push at Reset+3 hours. I don’t know what time that is, but we’ve held it for going on 14 hours now. Let us know when you are going to wake up.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: AinSoph.5063

AinSoph.5063

You guys did this almost every night to us on FA.

I’d get home from work in the morning and we’d get after it, usually fullcapping EB by 1-2pm.

We all saw how well it worked for you in the last matchup.

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

in WvW

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Servers transfers should remain free, but it should be limted to once every 2 weeks as long as server match ups are a week long. Once they are bumped to 2weeks, they should be once a month. Then, ANET should charge for it, but only once the guesting system is in.

The data collected during this time can then give ANET the numbers it needs to incentivize guilds to transfer to server with lower population during their peak hours. With the guest system up and working, building server with an active 100-150 WvW community during each region’s peak time should be easy and not hinder other PvE progression.

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

Is SoS the only server that doesn’t bleat about night capping? We sleep too. Gaming timezones are never convenient for us, but we do our best with minimum fuss.

See you in the next bracket again soon FA

in WvW

AinSoph.5063

We never complained about it, it was free Karma and Gold.

You’re bragging about it, when you know for a fact that maguuma has very little night time, and hell, very little daytime presence.

shrug

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

in WvW

Posted by: Chaokel.5916

Chaokel.5916

They don’t understand that they are doing to us what we are to them.

Aparently the world (vs world) only revolves around when they sleep, and when they cap all our stuff with no resistance its because they are awesome, yet clearly if someone else was to do it they are just taking it from ‘sleeping babies’.

Try to look outside your own view of the world for once and you might actually see the big picture (you know the one that includes other people).

edit: to the poster above me, if you have been in any SoS thread you would see that people complain about it every single matchup.

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

Jedahs was congratulating the SoS crew that’s been there for the long haul and you came in to add…what exactly?

We are thankful for our new NA arrivals and combined with our solid Oceanic core, we should be able to start moving up at long last.

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

Jedahs was congratulating the SoS crew that’s been there for the long haul and you came in to add…what exactly?

We are thankful for our new NA arrivals and combined with our solid Oceanic core, we should be able to start moving up at long last.

This is exactly why server transfers need to remain free. You have a very large Oceanic presence right? Well if lets say 100 oceanic WvW players (or 1 clan of 100 people) transferred to another server you’d actually get a fight right? Makes for a better match no? Then server rivalry will actually exist

in WvW

Grumpdogg.6910

This is exactly why server transfers need to remain free. You have a very large Oceanic presence right? Well if lets say 100 oceanic WvW players (or 1 clan of 100 people) transferred to another server you’d actually get a fight right? Makes for a better match no? Then server rivalry will actually exist

We’ll get plenty of a fight once we start moving up. This week might be a bit boring, but that’s ok. We’ve already seen a shift in attitude towards quickly upgrading what we cap – which was our biggest weakness.

We haven’t stuck it out this long to bail now thanks. I don’t think anyone understands what it’s like over here. SoS Since BWE#1 baby.

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

We’ll get plenty of a fight once we start moving up. This week might be a bit boring, but that’s ok. We’ve already seen a shift in attitude towards quickly upgrading what we cap – which was our biggest weakness.

We haven’t stuck it out this long to bail now thanks. I don’t think anyone understands what it’s like over here. SoS Since BWE#1 baby.

I’m not asking you transfer, I’m saying that if ANET does something to convince some guilds or many players to transfer home worlds to better balance WvW match ups during all play times then it would be better for everyone. Whats going to happen to servers who only dominate/lose due to server time difference is a constant bounce back and forth for several weeks until you get pitted against each other. Depending on where they fall on the ranking, this could result in winning or losing for a long time simply due to number advantage/disadvantage. I don’t see how either scenario can be fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I think you fail to understand what is going to happen now. SoS will hold everything, always. We have 24/7 wubwub now, and the Gates of Madness and Fort Aspenwood hackers are not here to steal our wins this week. So unless Dragonbrand are also a bunch of hackers like FA and GoM, this match is already over.

in WvW

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

I’m not asking you transfer, I’m saying that if ANET does something to convince some guilds or many players to transfer home worlds to better balance WvW match ups during all play times then it would be better for everyone. Whats going to happen to servers who only dominate/lose due to server time difference is a constant bounce back and forth for several weeks until you get pitted against each other. Depending on where they fall on the ranking, this could result in winning or losing for a long time simply due to number advantage/disadvantage. I don’t see how either scenario can be fun.

I really don’t think we’ll see many oceanic players spread out to other servers since WvW is only a small part of the overall game and having a dead and empty PvE zones is a rather dull experience.

Also have to throw in that Avatara that is just a stupid statement to make. Every server has had hackers in them stealing orbs, SoS is no exception in this. A few hackers doesn’t mean the entire server is condoning their actions.

(edited by Exploding Acorn.3754)

in WvW

AinSoph.5063

Uh, are you implying no one from SoS every flew around and yanked the orbs? Because we’ve got plenty of screenshots and videos of multiple people from multiple guilds.

Don’t fall off your high horse.

but good luck in the future! It was a decently fun matchup.

—Ain Soph— Warrior
—Fort Aspenwood—

in WvW

Aparently the world (vs world) only revolves around when they sleep, and when they cap all our stuff with no resistance its because they are awesome, yet clearly if someone else was to do it they are just taking it from ‘sleeping babies’.

Try to look outside your own view of the world for once and you might actually see the big picture (you know the one that includes other people).

edit: to the poster above me, if you have been in any SoS thread you would see that people complain about it every single matchup.

Until now, every single match WAS actually stacked against us, because of the timezone difference. The difference is around 16 hours, which really hurt Oceanic players because of how capping and orbs work in this game. If the time difference was 12 hours, it would be dead even, but it is not.

Now that we also have a strong non-Oceanic presence as well, we are most likely favoured.

in WvW

Uh, are you implying no one from SoS every flew around and yanked the orbs? Because we’ve got plenty of screenshots and videos of multiple people from multiple guilds.

Yeah, I know they did. But comparing them to GoM or FA, is like comparing a candle to the sun.

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

I really don’t think we’ll see many oceanic players spread out to other servers since WvW is only a small part of the overall game and having a dead and empty PvE zones is a rather dull experience.

ANET needs to do that after guesting system is working properly. With guesting working, PvE isn’t hurt by having a some what thined out region population. If each server had a dedicated 100 man GMT + 7 – GMT + 10 crew playing every day the matches would be a lot more fun imo. Then, with the guest system, these people could band together to do PvE on any server at a whim. Hell, the bonuses for WvW wins are already applied to the character IIRC and not the server

Until now, every single match WAS actually stacked against us, because of the timezone difference. The difference is around 16 hours, which really hurt Oceanic players because of how capping and orbs work in this game. If the time difference was 12 hours, it would be dead even, but it is not.

Now that we also have a strong non-Oceanic presence as well, we are most likely favoured.

I know, I’m GMT + 9 right now. That doesn’t take away from the fact that either matches in WvW for my time zone right now are either a cake walk or a stomping because of uneven population spreading. Its not fun

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Looks like your day capping plan didn’t work out

This is what I mean by Sea of Sorrows 2.0

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Vistal.2906

Vistal.2906

Nice Sorrow just took Garriosn while i was stading near the lords room with 0 battle icons and 0 Doors busted. i was buying stuff and all of a sudden im dead form green guards. GJ Exploiters.NOW your runing around with 10 golems and mesmers are porting them. GJ Areanet for alowing Seige to be ported around .

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

You sure we exploited? Perhaps it’s just a minor glitch with the game.

I seriously don’t see any reason why someone from SoS would purposely exploit at this moment….

in WvW

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Nice Sorrow just took Garriosn while i was stading near the lords room with 0 battle icons and 0 Doors busted. i was buying stuff and all of a sudden im dead form green guards. GJ Exploiters.NOW your runing around with 10 golems and mesmers are porting them. GJ Areanet for alowing Seige to be ported around .

Did you recently take Garrison?

The Mesmer hid after you took it, then his/her guild and other players built the golems.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Vistal.2906

Noo i dont neither… OO wait i do beacuse garrisn was fully upgraded and we had people actually defending that and BAY…

in WvW

Vistal.2906

We had garrison for over a day now and itwas fully upgraded . We just killed 15 people inthe water south .. i ran into the keep along the ramps from the water and checked the outer walls and ran in to sell and POP its green . 0 icons..0 battle and its gone:))

in WvW

There needs to be a mercy rule

in WvW

You sure we exploited? Perhaps it’s just a minor glitch with the game.

I seriously don’t see any reason why someone from SoS would purposely exploit at this moment….

Someone else from his server who was there said it was Mesmer portalled in mass golems.

in WvW

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

We had garrison for over a day now

Sorry, stopped reading here. Earlier today you had 0 keeps, and that was only a matter of hours ago.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

day shift kept it all.
as a NA player who has been on sea of sorrows since head start i’m happy for the help now

(edited by Dixa.6017)

in WvW

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

pretty sure those people are either no longer on the server or banned already.

in WvW

Posted by: Flashlegend.2941

Flashlegend.2941

Just letting people know who’ve had garrison ninja’d from them, it is possible to get into garrison while bypassing the outer gate. Hacks needed? No. Exploit? Maybe, but it’s very similar to what players were doing in Cof, so chances are, no one’s gonna be punished for it. Want to stop it? Figure out how to do it and take necessary precautions.

Ascosia – Thief
Isles of Janthir
[Hel]Helioz

in WvW

Xpiher.5209

Just letting people know who’ve had garrison ninja’d from them, it is possible to get into garrison while bypassing the outer gate. Hacks needed? No. Exploit? Maybe, but it’s very similar to what players were doing in Cof, so chances are, no one’s gonna be punished for it. Want to stop it? Figure out how to do it and take necessary precautions.

Siege golems shouldn’t be able to use mesmer portals is what I get from this. Not really an exploit, just really really cheap tactic

in WvW

Posted by: Deranged.7139

Deranged.7139

its funny how servers get a mass influx of people then come on here to gloat and think they’re good.i hope you like all the bandwagon jumpers and wait times for WvW will just increase.when they reach hours on end then the guilds will move again and your server will be a ghost town.

in WvW

Posted by: Woodsy.2017

Woodsy.2017

Aww, look at my purty picture in the first SS up top left ;p

Clarice gunn zap joo wif dat staff!

Sea of Sorrows MERC Commander, Clarice Woods
http://blacklion.enjin.com/

in WvW

Vistal.2906

We had garrison for over a day now

Sorry, stopped reading here. Earlier today you had 0 keeps, and that was only a matter of hours ago.

Sorry you stopped reading Since yesterday We had garrison fully upgraded and took bay last night after Sorrow took our orb. Guess you cant get garrison legit you all and your server jumpers need to exploit and hack to get it back.

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Played against SoS last week (fort aspenwood)

They take everything while we slept and then we woke up and took everything back. Except we held it longer as our primetime was ending. Each day we just got like another 10k ahead even though they had everything at some points.

Anet make Rev great again.

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

Played against FA last week (SoS)

They take everything while we sleeping or working and then we off work and took everything back. Except we held it shorter as our primetime was ending. Each day we just got like another 10k behind even though they had everything at some points.

Because they have MAG to fight against, its fun, we have nothing…

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

Good work guys.

Latest score update.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

some people who whine forget that there are other people on this planet apart from North America ….. and they sleep too, cap while they sleep !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I’m glad I left SoS before this happened, but, It does make me lol irl reading a commander who I actually respected is boasting about HoD guilds going to SoS. Oh well, grats on the progress nontheless.

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

It’s so funny how people think I’m boasting when I’m cheering on SoS as I’ve always done.

Before when we were losing, I’m a respected martyr. Now that we’re winning, I’m a boasting idiot. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Tindahbawx.5317

Tindahbawx.5317

Oh my god, how many HoD guild transferred to SoS when theyt heard that they have a stong Oceanic presence?

I’m EU, and every time I log in (Magumma) I take a glance at your pop levels, and its been “Full” all around the clock.

It wasn’t so bad in the last round when you didn’t have so many prime-time players, and we could get an even-ish fight out of you , but now you’ve shoved both us and Dragonbrand right back to our spawns, and it doesn’t look like we’ll be able to push out with the sheer numbers you bring to slap us with no-matter what time of day it is.

I hope you’re prepared for a week long snore-fest, as I severely doubt you’ll get much in the way of a fight at this low level in the ranking tables with the sheer numbers you can pull 24/7.

I’ll be glad when this round end, and you bugger off up the rankings table to face people more suited to your 24/7 pop levels.

Although, I have the strange feeling that the HoD players who jumped here for the easy ride to the top will again abandon ship when the server reaches the top, and all pile on a low ranked server once more.

in WvW

Posted by: dangerCake.1473

dangerCake.1473

Although, I have the strange feeling that the HoD players who jumped here for the easy ride to the top will again abandon ship when the server reaches the top, and all pile on a low ranked server once more.

Pretty much exactly why we need some sort of server transfer penalty. Even if we aren’t going to get gem costs for transfers until guesting is ready, there should be something to discourage jumping from server to server, like a 48-hour WvW ban which can be lifted early for the gem cost.

in WvW

Posted by: Cadi.5371

Cadi.5371

I’m not even sure how your post is bragging either, Jedahs. After getting beaten down every week from day-capping, I’m just happy to have people to play with. SoS could use some server pride.

Thanks for believing!
/cheers!

Alethea – Dwarec Mercs [DM] – NA Guild on Sea of Sorrows
http://www.dwarecmercs.com