Well.. This changes things quite a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

Guilds just took on a significantly larger role. I wonder what this means for the little guy like me?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-versus-world-guild-objective-claiming-deep-dive/

Edit: I realize this is in concept old news, but the details are pretty significant.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Will be fun to see how things change up. Though its going to be annoying to deal with ppl who fear changes lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Does this mean if you prefer the excitement of solo roaming and being in your disbanded guilds for friends list you won’t be able to contribute to WvW anymore?

Since my WvW focused guilds disbanded, I’ve had 0 interest in being in another guild, I hope we don’t have to be forced into another one just to contribute to WvW.

Or would we be able to use personal guilds? I have a personal guild I started years ago that has everything completely unlocked currently using up 50k influence on guild catas. Could I contribute to WvW with that?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Guilds just took on a significantly larger role. I wonder what this means for the little guy like me?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-versus-world-guild-objective-claiming-deep-dive/

Edit: I realize this is in concept old news, but the details are pretty significant.

If I recall the statements correctly, only guilds with guild halls will be able to use / enable guild claiming.

If I also recall correctly, you need to take over some map or something like that in HoT which may require a lot of people to get a guild hall ?

So yea, the little guy will be screwed, cause, no decent size group = no map taken over = no guild hall = no guild claiming in WvW.

While I understand why they did this, as some of these new buffs are very powerful, they should not have imposed these limitation on everything unilaterally. Lets face it, the most often used guild buff in WvWvW is +5 supply, and it is very often used by small or even single player guilds, with occasional additional buffs. The way the new buff system is designed it will eliminate all of that, so only mid / large scale guilds will be able to claim / activate buffs, which I think is very wrong.

So I would like to see some changes to the new system from this perspective. We’ll see what happens.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

But… the larger guilds will be able to get the buffs quicker, more easily, and benefit the map as a whole faster, as every person on that map will benefit.
The larger guild tend to be the ones that roamers gather to when needed, and the small roamer groups will usually (ideally) report to the larger groups on the map (again, this is ideally).
So, while it would be nice for each person, each small guild to also be able to claim and such, wouldn’t it be better to let the groups able to build up buffs faster claim things? for the sake of everyone that will benefit from said buffs?

I mean, let’s say a 2man guild can claim a spot, great, they have a few buffs they can put on for themselves, and they have 2 members that can contribute to the expansion of those buffs? How long would that take, compared to a 10man guild? a 40man guild?

If this were a group project, you would delegate the jobs to the people who can perform them best for the benefit of the whole right? In this case, the larger guilds can produce the most in the shortest time for the objectives, while the smaller roam groups, can roam, and not worry about upgrading, can scout and fight, without having to run back to the tower they claimed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

“But… the larger guilds will be able to get the buffs quicker, more easily, and benefit the map as a whole faster, as every person on that map will benefit.”

I disagree. Since a guild can only claim one objective per map, and one objective doesn’t cover the whole map, that large guild only helps one objective.

“Lets face it, the most often used guild buff in WvWvW is +5 supply, and it is very often used by small or even single player guilds, with occasional additional buffs. The way the new buff system is designed it will eliminate all of that, so only mid / large scale guilds will be able to claim / activate buffs, which I think is very wrong.”

Agreed 100%. My small guild had all the buffs for WvW and I used them after seeing this announcement. After HoT goes live, my small guild’s pool of influence will be useless for WvW, which is pretty much all I like to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Hmm, that is true, I should’ve read the prior posts more completely. I was thinking primarily of the large objectives and forgot about the smaller ones.